Wednesday 9 August 2017

BLOGUST | What's in My Bag: The Summer Edition


Hello my lovelies I hope you're well and welcome back to my blog for blogust day nine! I've been wanting to do a "what's in my bag" post for a really long time and I honestly don't know why I haven't done it sooner. I've seen quite a few of these lately popping up on fellow bloggers blog's and YouTuber's channels I am subscribed to. So today I thought I would share with you what I've been carrying around with me when I go out right now, so if you want to know then just keep reading. 


So 2017 has definitely been the year of backpacks, they've been everywhere in high street fashion over the course of this year and I know that a lot of people are favouring them over handbags these days and I am also included in that category. I find it so funny that just a few years ago I hated backpacks because I thought they were not fashionable and they just reminded me of being in like year 7 and let me tell you, no one wants that reminder.

 I've just been really not been feeling carrying around a super heavy handbag and I have to carry a lot of things for uni - notebooks for all my subjects (5-6 in total), my lunch, a bottle for something to drink, my pens, my little bag that sits inside my bag with smaller things in like keys and makeup etc, my purse, my planner etc. So it's quite a lot and when I've gotta carry all that around in a handbag; I'm waiting for my arms to drop off because it's that heavy. But in a backpack as it's got two handles which means whatever you've got to carry is equally balanced down from your shoulders. Which in my opinion is so much more comfortable and easier. I still love handbags for the fashionable side of life but in my opinion backpacks are actually so much more practical. 

The backpack I've been using is this really pretty baby pink one and this is from Primark and it was only £9.00! I have had this for quite a while now, I think I bought it around Easter time and it's lasted really well. The quality feels really good, it's got enough space to fit a generous amount of items inside, and the stitching of the bag is really well made. I've been so happy with it over the time I've had it so far. So if you're looking for a new backpack have a browse in Primark. 




Of course the first thing in my bag that is always with me is my purse. Even if I know I am just going for a walk this is always in my bag regardless. You never know when you're going to need you card for something or money for something etc. So this purse is from River Island and I was actually gifted this last Christmas from my mum and dad. I love the design of it the baby pink/cream mixed with the gold accents and the glitter coin purse in the middle. As you can see from the photos I've got a lot of cards so thank god it's got quite a lot of space. It is quite heavy and quite chunky but I don't mind that as I personally need all that space for my cards and money etc. This is also great for all seasons and basically goes with every bag I have because it's a neutral colour. 



Something else I carry around a lot at the minute is my hairbrush because I am straightening my hair all the time. I don't know why but lately I've just been preferring my hair straight to wavy or curly. As my hair is quite thin, throughout the day it seems to get easily tangled and just doesn't look as smooth. So I just like to carry a brush round to give it a quick comb through to just keep it looking slick. I also carry a brush with me in case I am out and it gets hot and I need to tie my hair up. 



This is the Tanya Burr rosy flush cheek palette and I carry this every where. This is my favourite contour palette at the minute and I use it every time I do my makeup. I carry this around with me, one for the mirror, and two for the highlighter because I am loving wearing highlighter in the middle of my lips. I just really like how it looks and I like to top it up throughout the day. 



This next little thing I take out constantly. This is actually a sunglasses case with a pretty floral pattern that I got from Primark and it was only £3.00. I also have a flamingo one from my friend Em which she kindly got me for my birthday. But I don't wear fashion sunglasses as I can't wear them over my glasses. But I actually use this as a little phone pouch for my iPhone 6. This is so handy to just slot your phone into and when you want to get your phone out of your bag you know exactly where it is because of this little pouch and it does mean your phone has another layer of protection in your bag. Honestly I couldn't live without this! 


I've always got to carry tissues around because I swear I have a cold 24/7. But at the minute I've got this cute little pack of 10 tissues with cactus' on and I am obsessed with cactus' right now. These also came from Primark and they came in a pack of 4 (so 40 tissues) for only 50p! Can't go wrong. 


So I mentioned above that I have a mini bag that sits inside my bag with extra small things in that I need to carry around. This is that little bag. I'm using this one at the minute which as you can see is silver with grey printed letters that says 'insta girl' on the front and has a white zip detailing on the top. I don't know where this little bag actually is from as I was gifted it for my birthday a few months ago by my friend Sophie. So when I was first gifted this, I'm not gonna lie I didn't fully know what I was gonna use it for, I have a lot of little makeup bags that have loads of makeup in. So I figured I'd just use it for that. But recently I started using it because it's actually a nice size. Like I can't fully explain it because it is small enough to fit nicely in my bag but is also big enough to fit all the things in that I need to. Which I'm gonna share with you now. 


So in my bag inside a bag I always carry some form of hand cream. You never know when your hands are going to need a little lift or moisture or if you want a nice scent to fill the air from your hands etc. So at the minute my go to hand cream is Zoella's hungry hands in gingerbread and warm vanilla which is obviously a Christmas hand cream but I've been really loving it recently and if you've not tried it I would highly recommend. But to be honest that one is quite large and will take up a little bit too much space in my bag. 

But two other's I've been loving is the Body Shop British rose scented hand cream and the L'Occitane cherry blossom scented hand cream. Once again I was kindly gifted these last Christmas from my friend Chloe. I do love both of these I've just taken the rose one out more often which is why there is a lot less in the tube. But these kind of hand cream tubes are my favourite, I just think they look really classy and more expensive than they are. Also they smell amazing and make my hands feel lovely and soft. 


I have to take my powder and powder brushes out wherever I go. I can't live without these, when these aren't in my bag and I know I'm going to be out all day long I feel a bit lost. I normally powder once or twice a day after I've applied my makeup just to keep my natural oils at bay. The powder I use is a classic, Rimmel's stay matte powder in translucent. And the brushes I take out with me are my Real Techniques duo fibre face brush and setting brush. I use the duo fibre for my whole face and the setting brush for smaller parts of my face, e.g. under my eyes and around my nose. The little pink angled brush I use in case I reapply my lipstick through the day and need to clean up the edges with my powder. Can't go anywhere without these 4 items if I am honest. They're always in my bag regardless of the seasons or what bag I am using. 


The second makeup item I take everywhere is my lipstick and I obviously take the one I am wearing out with me on a certain day. But at the minute I am wearing this one every time I do my makeup so I thought I'd include this one. It is NYX's soft matte lip cream in Cannes. I absolutely love this and I am obsessed. I want to do a big haul and buy a load more because the quality of these guys is insane for only £6.00! If you guys haven't tried them I'd highly recommend. 


I always have to carry a nail file with me because whenever I don't have one in my bag my nails always break. Don't get why that's a thing but it's a thing. I can't stand having uneven nails so once again when I don't have this in my bag I feel lost. 


I carry a couple of hairbands with me and some hair grips just in case I need to put my hair up throughout the day in case it gets too hot or in case I just need to get my hair out of my face. 


This little card wallet just holds my ID and my university card ID. I take this every where with me, regardless if I am on a night out or going to uni. I just feel like this is an essential to take every where. Whether it's in a card wallet or in a purse. I don't know I just feel safer with it on me. This little wallet was from M&S in the sale. 


And something else I always carry is a pen. You never know when you might need one whilst your out and it doesn't take up much space in a bag anyway. 


And that is everything that is in my bag right now. Normally I carry my filofax with me but at the minute there's no need for me to carry it. Like I'm not doing anything like organising at the minute as my schedule is pretty free and open. But during university I take it with me virtually every where and every day. So if I do a "whats in my bag" for going back to uni in September/ October then it'll probably get included in that one. 

Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed seeing what is in my bag for the summer. Let me know in the comments down below what's in your bag and what you always carry around with you at the minute. 

Recently on my Instagram I actually hit 1.4k followers which means the absolute world. It may not seem like a lot to some of you guys but it is to me and is a sign to me that you guys are enjoying the things I post on social media and want me to carry on and that makes me want to keep going. So thank you so much if you've followed me on Instagram recently and to you guys who have followed me on Instagram for a while. It means so much. But, don't forget to follow me on all my social medias linked in my header above to keep up with what I am up to and to stay updated. 

Thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow for another instalment for blogust. 

Bye for now and see you tomorrow. 


Love,

Katie
 





3 comments:

  1. 2017 is definitely the year of the backpacks haha, they seem to be everywhere! I love your purse, it's super pretty!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Haha, literally is! I have this pink one and a slightly smaller blue one. But they're more spring/summer based so I'm gonna have to get an autumn/winter backpack, haha. Awh thank you my lovely. River Island do gorgeous purses as well as bags! xxx

      Love,
      Katie

      Delete