Friday 25 August 2017

BLOGUST | Tattoos I Love & Might Get


Hello my lovelies and welcome to blogust day twenty five! So the other day I asked on my Twitter and my Instagram what you guys wanted to see as today's post. It was extremely tight the whole way along but as you can see from the title 'tattoos I love and might get' won by 56% and probably a little bit more as I also asked on Instagram too. But the tattoos was the top choice for the majority of you. 

So I was inspired to do this post because of my 'baby names I love but wont use' post and if you guys haven't seen that and would like to check that out click here. As you might've guessed I did want to do 'tattoos I love but wont get' but unfortunately I don't really have any tattoos I wont get or wouldn't consider getting. In this post there will be one or two of those type of tattoos but really there wasn't enough of those to make a whole post about them. But, if you guys are interested in tattoos as much as I am and want to know the ones I might get and the meanings behind each one and what they can be interpreted as then you know what to do, keep reading. 



























Like the majority of young teenagers I have wanted a tattoo since I was fourteen years old but obviously my taste has changed a lot since then. I think the main reason I haven't got one yet like most twenty year olds already is because, A - tattoos are expensive, even the small ones, and B - my mind is always changing about what I want to get. Even tattoos from just one year ago aren't what I really want anymore. 

But the first one I am going to share with you and I 100% want to get is the creation symbol. So I found this sheet of loads of symbols over a year ago on Pinterest I think and I saw the creation symbol and I was just drawn to it. It's so simple but I really like it. So the main reason I want this is because I'm a very creative person in every aspect of my life. Obviously I'm a drama student and not only do I perform but I create ideas, scripts, performances, costume ideas, light design ideas for a living as all of that is rolled into one when you study drama and theatre. But obviously as I'm also a blogger I create all different kinds of content and I try to keep that fresh by doing a large variety of different posts for you guys to enjoy. So obviously as I'm doing one of those things every day I'm always being creative. 

I don't want to get a typical microphone or music note or theatre faces tattoo just because I am creative in a lot of different areas of my life and not just my choice of study. Another reason I love this in particular is because I haven't seen anyone else with this tattoo before and when you first look at it you most likely wouldn't know what it was or what it meant from first glance, which I like. I really want to get this on my left wrist but not directly on my wrist, I want it on the inner side of my wrist - where the bone is just before my hand (along the line that leads to my thumb.) I'm sure you guys know what I mean. I wouldn't want this super big as I've got really small wrists but I'd want it a medium size I guess and noticeable enough to see there's a tattoo on my wrist but not absolutely massive. 

I want this to be my first tattoo as I've wanted this for over a year now and I'm thinking of getting this for my 21st birthday next year. 


This is probably the only tattoo I have wanted since I was fourteen and I don't mean this massive high thigh design. I mean just the rose design. For a long time when I was younger I was toying with idea of getting a rose tattoo on my right wrist. I don't know why I don't want that anymore, I think I just grew out of the idea. But regardless, I still want a rose tattoo. To me rose tattoos are a classic in the tattoo world so many people have them for different reasons. 

The reason I want a rose tattoo is for my cat, Jeffrey. When Jeffrey passed away (4 years this December) we planted a rose bush over his little grave that we have in the garden and I said whatever colour it blooms into will be the colour of the rose tattoo I get for him. It grew into a red rose and so that is the colour I want to get the rose. To some of you guys it may seem strange wanting a tattoo for my cat but he was honestly my best friend and I loved him so much. I know most people when they get tattoos for pets either get a paw print or like their name which is fine but that's not the vibe I like. I don't really like cliche or stereotypical tattoos for certain things. And again this would be one of those tattoos that when people look at it they won't really know what it means or if there's any meaning behind it whatsoever which I like. But the meaning of rose tattoos in general is delicate beauty and love as well as wealth and culture. Depending on the colour will define your true meaning of a rose but as I want a red rose, that typically symbolises romance or passionate love or sacrifice or memorial. If you wanna know more about rose colours and the meanings click here.

 I currently don't know how big I want this tattoo or where I want to get it. For a while I wanted it on my upper arm but thinking about it now I don't think that would be very practical for the career I'm trying to get into. I am debating whether to get this on my thigh like this picture as you wouldn't see it very often but as open roses are quite big anyway and I've got pretty big hips and thighs so there'd be a lot of space to work with. I also really like little details of like beads hanging down from the leaves so if/ when I get this tattoo I could have some of those to make it more feminine and pretty. 

I have no idea when I'll get this as I know it will take a while to fully complete. But it will not be for a few years yet. 


This next one is super random but I really want to get three dots on my ring finger. I don't know whether to get it on one hand or both hands. The original meaning behind a three dot tattoo has something to do with a gang lifestyle but obviously that's not why I want it hence because I am not in a gang. There are a whole bunch of meanings for dot tattoos that are really not to do with the reason I kind of want this. But, if you're intrigued to know more then click here

The honest reason I want this is just because I find them quite aesthetically pleasing. I don't know what it is I just think they look really simplistic but a nice decoration to your finger. I wont lie, this tattoo I am not like insanely desperate for because it has no real meaning behind it but I feel like I'll end up getting it on a day I go to get one of the other ones I want. I just think it looks really pretty. 





Here's another fun one now. You guys know how much I love cactus' and I am obsessed with them. I just think these are really cute. Again, I don't know if I 100% will get this as the obsession might fizzle out over the next year or two but I do think they are really cute and would make a nice wrist tattoo or ankle tattoo. 

It is said that the meaning behind the cactus itself means mysterious which is from Greece. Cactus' were very popular amongst Native American tribes as they have longed used nature as a symbol to help give life more meaning. One reason a person might potentially get a cactus is to symbolise adaptability because the plant itself when put it in any type of climate can easily adapt and survive with it's new surroundings. So in relation to our lives that could mean when someone takes a big step in their lives like a new job opportunity or moving house etc. Similar to adaptability, a cactus is also a symbol for a survivor because a cactus plant has been able to survive in the dry southern and western states compared to other plant and animal species. Again to relate this back to our lives this could symbolise when someone has gone through something in their life that they thought they'd never get through and maybe wear a cactus as like a proud badge and to say I can withstand whatever life throws at me. Apparently even the flowers on cactus' have a whole load of different meanings for different people. One meaning is motherly love; the flower is also known for its protective qualities because the juice from the flower used to be used as a medicine to cure wounds and sickness. The flower that is associated with the cactus might not be the most popular of the cactus tattoos, but it can be argued that the flower has more meaning than the cactus itself. 

More recently I've been seeing a lot of flash art tattoos (which I love by the way) of cactus tattoos with bright colours and funny puns on such as 'stay sharp' and 'don't be a prick.' And thinking of another potential meaning while looking at these two photos could be to symbolise diversity and acceptance of yourself or other people when they're tattooed in a cluster of four or five like this image above. As you can see cactus' come in all shapes and sizes and in my opinion they're all beautiful which could definitely symbolise acceptance of yourself and your flaws or acceptance of diversity and that everyone is an equal even though we all look slightly different to one another. I think all of these reasons and meanings are a nice way of looking at these designs. Talking about the meaning makes me want to get this tattoo more. Originally I didn't have a meaning behind it other than I love cactus' but after hearing all the meanings I'm definitely more drawn to getting this done than I was before. 

If you guys want to know more on the cactus tattoo designs then click here





You guys know how much I love space, I'm always talking about it to you guys. The only reason I would personally potentially want a space tattoo is simply because I love space. I was thinking maybe having a nebula in a triangle or something. I love the full sleeve of it, I think it looks incredible but I can't really imagine myself having a sleeve tattoo. 

It is said that space tattoos represent the mysteries of the universe and human beings have always been drawn to learn whats out there for centuries. When you look up at the night sky you will see hundreds of stars which is not only one of the most beautiful elements of our universe but also holds lots of mystery because this sky of stars is only a small fraction of what the universe holds in space. A tattoo can have any meaning you want it to and it can have numerous meanings depending on your preference. In some cases some space tattoos symbolise family ties and their importance. They can also mean that you are a mysterious person or you're interested in finding answers to some areas that puzzle most people. If you want to find out more meanings, click here.

But for me I just think space is absolutely beautiful and I am so fascinated by it completely and I'd love to get a little glimpse of it on my body somewhere. I chose a triangle because I think geometric shapes in relation to things like space or colour work goes nicely together. I'm not sure where on my body I'd get it, maybe on my arm under my elbow crease/ arm bend even though I'm thinking of a different one for that area. Even though I know that area to get done absolutely kills.  Maybe on my ankle or something? But who knows. We'll have to wait to see in the future. 



This one has become a more recent favourite. Obviously the meanings of each of them is known above, serotonin for happiness and satisfaction, dopamine for passion and love, and acetylcholine for dreaming and learning. And obviously they represent chemical bonds which are different elements of our DNA that tie together to make these chemical reactions like above. I tried to do some research into finding out what these tattoos might mean to people and why they get them but I actually can't seem to find anything about them. So I'll just tell you what I personally think. For me, again they are a visual representation of things we all want, e.g. love and happiness. So if you're not into word tattoos but like the thought of things like love and happiness then these would be ideal as not everyone will instantly know these bonds stand for those words in particular that I know a lot of people get tattooed on them. 

I really like all three of these elements and like the picture of it physically tattooed on this man or woman's arm, I'd love to get it with flowers stemming off of it and to connect all the bonds together as I really would love to get a cluster of all three of them somewhere on my body. I feel like the three go together really well so I don't think I could just pick one to get tattooed. I
f I do choose to have this done in the future, I don't know where I'd get this. The only places I can really think of is some where on my arm or potentially my inner ankle. That might look pretty cool. 



This next one I find absolutely adorable. A seashell with a pearl inside. A seashell is a hard, protective outer layer of many different sea creatures such as scallops or sea snails. The shell of these creatures is part of their skeletal system for their muscles and organisms as well as for protection from predators and scuffing their body. A shell usually represents a persons love for the ocean and sea life. 

Pearls are a symbol of purity, brightness, richness, light, and femininity. It's pale glow is associated with the full moon and water; pearls take over several years to develop in the depths of the ocean. This could represent a persons inner and outer shells. For example, our outer shell is the shell itself and is what we show every day when we're out with friends or family - it's protective of whats underneath. Then our inner shell is the pearl which is what we keep for ourselves and only share that depth of our personality with certain individuals. The pearl under our shell is our pearl and as Katy Perry says "no one can take my pearl" (from her song 'Pearl'). 

I really like the associations of what seashells and pearls mean when they're put together. You guys also know that I adore swimming in the sea and going to the beach so that is what this little tattoo would mean to me if I ever get it. I'd more than likely get it on my ankle somewhere. Not sure if it would be the front, the side, or the back though. 


Mandala tattoos have gained immense popularity over the last couple of years and the trend is no exception in terms of me. I absolutely love mandala tattoos, I think they look insane. The attention to detail in just this example alone is incredible; they look great on both men and woman and it's great that you can get them tattooed in all different shapes, patterns, sizes, and colours to suit your personal preference and style. 

The meaning of the word 'mandala' is a Sanskrit word for circle and like a circle, the mandala represents wholeness. A circle also represents balance, perfection, and eternity due to the distance from the middle of the circle to the circumference of the circle; it's the same from wherever it's measured. Mandala tattoos are great because they're really versatile. Classic mandala tattoos are definitely the most popular in the majority of people but you can easily create a mandala design with a flower, a hamsa hand, the moon, sun, or the earth, I saw a snowflake mandala tattoo once. The possibilities are endless with this type of design. 

I have wanted one of these designs for a very long time now, I think they're absolutely beautiful. I think these tattoos because they are so big I think they'd look best on either the thigh/ hip or the shoulder like this one above. I know they don't have to be as big as this but personally I think they look nicer when they're bigger as there's more detail to play with. I'd definitely get it on my left shoulder/ collar bone area like this woman has as I think my left side is more flattering than my right side. I know this one will take a lot of time and a lot of money to get because of the sizing and all the detail etc. But I really do love it and if you guys want to know more about mandala tattoos then click here


This one is actually a design I created quite a while ago and more than likely now I wouldn't get this but I thought I might as well share it anyway because you never know. But if you didn't know I absolutely love lightning. I don't like being outside in it but I love to sit and watch it either in my house or in the car. When there's a storm outside and I'm inside it makes me feel safe and cosy. I also love how it lights up the sky at night time and I love how the shape of it is like a crack shattering. From research the main reason people get lightning tattoos is because of the sheer power they have as electricity can be a powerful and dangerous element. 

The word 'luminescence' stands for light by a substance not caused by heat. It is thus a form of cold-body radiation. Can be caused by chemical reactions, electrical energy, subatomic motions, or stress on a crystal, which are all caused by spontaneous emission. And I thought as lightning is caused by chemical reactions and electrical energy it was very fitting. And the main reason I chose to have it strike from the 'I' was because it looked best from the 'I' and lightning travels straight down to find the quickest way to the ground. 

Even though I probably wouldn't get this now if I did I'd most likely get it on my arm or maybe my shoulder.


I found this design on Pinterest quite a while ago and I really liked it. I personally like this little design as a little reminder to always go out there and seek adventure. Also to not be afraid of discovering new things and new passions etc. 

This tattoo design falls in the category of the word 'wanderlust' which means a strong desire or urge to travel. However this version of the tattoo wouldn't necessarily mean to travel the world like the origins of the word 'wanderlust' suggest. It could mean to discover more in your home town or to go somewhere you've always been meaning to, whether that's another country or not. 

I think this design is really pretty and the attention to detail is really quite something else with this design. I have no idea where I'd get this one. I'm not sure where would be most flattering but definitely somewhere I could see it. 


I'd love to get the star compilation of Taurus because it's my zodiac sign. The meaning of the Taurus is the love for rewards - think material goods. Those born under this sign are a tactile lot who enjoy a tender and sensual touch. Taurus' enjoy every comfort like being surrounded by pleasing and soothing things. The good life in all its guises, whether it's the arts or art of their own (me or what) is heaven on earth to a Taurus. 

There is a lot more I could go into but there's just a little taster of what my zodiac sign has about it. I know a few people who have got their star compilation tattooed on them and I want it just because I'm happy and proud to be a Taurus and the majority of qualities about a Taurus I definitely do have. Again, not sure where I'd get it. Maybe the back on my ankle? 

If you guys wanna know more about Taurus' then click here


Carrying on with zodiac inspired tattoos. I was reading my horror scope a couple years ago now and in the section for Taurus was this phrase. I re-created it in paint just so I could always make a note of it. It reads 'Have faith in your inner visions and stay to your mission' and what it means to me is always have faith in yourself and your ideas and to always stay true to who you are are and what you want. I think it's a nicer structure to say stay true to yourself. I do still really like it and I think it looks really pretty and simplistic. I'd definitely get it in a font similar to this as I love calligraphy writing and when writing is in italics. To me it looks physically pleasing. I'd more than likely get this on my arm because I'd want to be able to see it as a physical reminder every day. 

And finally, once again this is one I found on Pinterest but I just paired the image and the word together. So there's a lot in this one image so let's unpack it. 

So some of you might be able to guess what this represents with me as we talk about it all the time... have you guessed? If you said something along the lines of mindfulness, spirituality, and being equally balanced then you'd be correct! 

As you can see in this image we've got the word 'balance', a lotus flower, the unalome symbol, and a crescent shaped moon as a base for the lotus to sit. You guys already know this and I use the word 'balance' to relate to things in my life all the time. I need an equal amount of balance between all of the elements in my life in order for me to remain happy and stay sane. 

The lotus flower has many different meanings depending on its colour and if it open or closed. But in general the meaning; a lotus flower is delicate and has many layered petals arrayed around its central core. In general all lotus flowers exude beauty and grace but depending on the colour will also change the meaning. White and pink lotus flowers are seen as devotion and purity. More passionately coloured red, purple, and blue lotus flowers can take on a more spiritual meaning ascension, enlightenment, or rebirth. And a green lotus flower is a beautiful gift for anyone trying to improve their life and start good habits. 

If you'd like to learn even more about the lotus flower, click here.

The unalome symbol represents a visual image of reaching enlightenment. the spiral in the unalome (the top part of the image - above the lotus flower) means our struggle with life whilst the straight line shows that we have finally found harmony. 

All life on this planet is stimulated and touched by the moon, especially those who thrive in the dark. In the dark the mushrooms sweat and the oceans swell back and forth in response to the moon. The moon tends to bring out those hidden powers in us all because it is a life-affirming symbol which is always changing. This makes the moon something that appears to a wide range of people and especially who believe in the power of karma. Women of the world seem to have a very special connection to the moon and a crescent moon in particular brings out her dark and mysterious side. The moon is a symbol of regeneration and without women bringing new life into the world there would be no life. The lunar moon and her cycle are closely tied to the cycles of the female, symbolic to her fertility, and incredible power within. Women utilise this tattoo to reflect their inner pools of energy and light. 

The lunar moon today can carry a range of different meanings, from its magical mystique, purity, shadow, and even dreams. The crescent moon has many different phases just like us with our certain personality traits and us in relation to the different phases of our lives. The moon is also all-knowing because it watches over us today, tomorrow, and forever. 

I know that was a lot to unpack and it's a lot of meaning in one tattoo design. But I feel like all of the elements tie in together. They all work in harmony of the spiritual way that we look at life and you guys know I'm all about that. I love this and I'd absolutely love to get this, I'm unsure of the colour I'd get the lotus, maybe purple but I'm not 100%. I'd like to get this on my inner forearm so I can see it. Once again as a reminder to just live my life and to live it the way that makes my heart and soul happy. 


And that is it for this post my lovelies! I hope you enjoyed and like these types of posts as I've got some ideas for others similar in the future. Also sorry I've missed a couple of days, this was meant to go up like 2 days ago but I don't know why, I've just been finding it really hard to stay focused. 

Let me know in the comments if you guys have got any tattoos planned or if you have any tattoos. 

Thank you so much for reading and I'll hopefully see you tomorrow! 

Love,

Katie
 









4 comments:

  1. There are so many great tattoos here! I love the three little dots tattoo it looks really cute on the finger xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely! Me too, I think they're so cute and dainty. xxx

      Love,
      Katie

      Delete
  2. I love your ideas. Roses are classic they never go out of style. Iv been toying around the idea of getting them done on my rib cage. Love the cactus idea it's so cute. The star sign is another I love too. I'm libra and it sums up my personality to a tee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely! I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Ooh that would look lovely, I bet it would be painful though. Me too, the cactus one is growing on me everyday.

      Love,
      Katie

      Delete