Tuesday 22 August 2017

BLOGUST | TRY ON HAUL: Matalan, New Look, and more!


Hello my lovelies and welcome to blogust day twenty two! As if it's day twenty two... 
But anyway, today I have got another try on haul for you guys as I know how much you guys loved it when I did one of these last time. This haul, no surprise, is very autumn based and there's a lot of really nice comfy and casual transitional pieces which I am so excited to wear. So if you guys would like to see what I bought, just keep on reading. 


























































First and foremost I am going to start off with my new coat, scarf, and bag because I thought they all went together really nicely. 

So firstly I got this khaki coloured coat with a cute little grey lining in the hood which I absolutely love; I adore khaki. This is a thin waterproof coat which will make it a great transitional piece when it's a bit chilly in say the morning but then isn't as cold in the afternoon. Especially because in September and the very start of October it isn't very cold and I don't want to have to carry a big bulky coat around 24/7. As you can see above it is a really nice fit and looks good zipped up and just open. I really like how it looks when it's open with a big chunky scarf, I personally think that is more my style. It's not really an issue but it's just something to note; thick cosy jumpers will not be able to be worn with this coat just because it is thin and it's not made to be a winter coat. But I am so excited to wear this out properly. 

From: George, Asda
Price: £22.00 

The scarf might seem a bit excessive considering were not even anywhere close to super cold weather yet. But I was in Outfit and there were loads of boxes, they we're last chance to buy, in the middle of the store so I had a good old rummage through and I found this scarf. As you can see it's like a navy purple toned colour with this white pattern with some forest green coloured lines on as well as a super light pale pink colour. I really like all the colours and I think it goes so well with this khaki coat. I couldn't pass this one up when I found it because it was originally meant to be £15.00 and firstly, who is going to pay £15.00 for a scarf? I'm sorry, what?! But, it was £4.00! If that isn't a bargain I honestly don't know what is. This is definitely going to be a top winter scarf for me and I'm so excited to wear it. 

From: Dorothy Perkins, Outfit 
Price: £4.00 (sale)

Finally, the bag! Now you guys have actually seen this bag before in a blog post that I uploaded almost 10 days ago and if you read that post you'll know how much I loved it and wanted to get it, well now I have it! I'm so so so so happy. I am so in love with this bag and I cannot wait to use it when I go out in the autumn and winter. It's definitely just a chilled day bag. Like I'd take this bag to town or out for lunch etc. So the original reason I didn't purchase this before was because it was £20.00 and although I loved it, I didn't think it was worth £20.00 and then it went to 25% off which meant it would've been £15.00. Which again wasn't too bad but still a little bit expensive for what it is. And then it went to £10.00 and I snatched that up right away. I don't fall in love with bags that often, like honestly I think bags are something that I really don't get drawn to very often but when I find a bag I love you will know how much I want it.

 I just love it, this brown colour is called 'mink' which is gorgeous for autumn, they also had a khaki colour and a navy blue as well as a pinky colour online and in the shop. The bag itself is really soft and nice to touch. The strap is really big which means it can be worn on your shoulder or over your head which is nice also the strap is the same soft material as the bag which is a nice touch. I adore the zip detailing at the front, I feel like it gives this standard side bag something eye catching. The gold detailing of the bag (the zips and the clasp hooks) work so well with the brown and the black. It's a really nice size as it is classed as a bucket bag and it's really light. Obviously I've got nothing in it right now but just thought I'd mention it. It has a popper clasp to open and close it. Inside it has a little phone pouch which sadly is too small for my phone but I'm sure I'll find another use for that. Also has a little zip pocket that actually has a good amount of space. I hate it when slightly smaller bags don't have roomy zipped pouches just to put in random little things like keys or a pen or my ID etc. Also, I feel like it goes so well with my new khaki coat. Yeah from that really long description I think you guys can tell how much I love this bag. I'm sure it'll be making many features on my Instagram this autumn. 

From: New Look
Price: £10.00 (sale) 


























To start on the main clothes, here I have some new jeggings. So I was in Asda and I am surprised at how many good pieces I bought from Asda to be honest. So these are just some deep blue jeggings; I had some similar a couple of years ago from H&M which I wore like every single day because they were so comfy but because I wore them so often they wore out and I eventually grew out of them and H&M stopped making them. Thanks a bunch H&M, those were my holy grail jeggings. But anyway, I now have a lot of different jegging jeans and just normal legging jegging type of jeans. So my dad actually saw these in Asda and I really liked the look of them so I tried them on and oh my god, I was so surprised. These honestly are so comfy and they fit like a glove. I could probably do the splits in these if I could do the splits because they're that comfortable and movable. 

My main problem with jeggings/ jean jeggings is they are either too tight on the leg and I have no where to grab onto to pull them up my legs, they're too tight on my stomach and I can't bloody breath, or I can't pull them up far enough so they sit too low. As I hate it when jeans sit on my hips, I prefer for them to sit on my natural waist which is above your belly button because for me I feel more comfortable and more confident. So shopping for these is usually a long winded process. But not with these ones. These went straight on over my legs and my stomach and sit nicely on my body. I am so excited to wear these but I am gutted that Asda didn't have them in more colours than just this one because I would've definitely bought some others if they did! But these were such a bargain and I'd highly recommend. 

(note: there's no pictures of me in these because I wear them throughout the majority of the haul with the rest of the items) 
From: George, Asda
Price: £8.00 
































Even though I love me a thick snugly jumper, I also love me a slightly thinner one but with that super soft lining to keep you warm which this definitely has. I feel like I haven't had thinner jumpers like this since college just because I can't seem to find many I like these days or that feel nice to wear. My day to day style is definitely comfy, casual, cute, and girly. And this gorgeous baby pink coloured slouchy jumper with 'bonjour' written across the front in white fits that style perfectly. Even though pink is my favourite colour surprisingly I don't have a lot of colour like this one in my wardrobe. 

But I adore this jumper, it is so comfy and fits my body really nicely and I love that the sleeves sit over my wrists as it just makes it feel more snug to me. I also love that the wording is in white and has two different fonts, again just makes it more eye catching. You can also see how well these jeggings are fitted to my body shape and they fit perfectly to my ankles as I have a lot of trouble with jeans, jeggings, and leggings being too short because of how tall I am. So I'm glad these fit to my ankles really well as I get cold feet and ankles so easily. This jumper goes really nicely with these jeggings but I can imagine wearing this with my white snow boots and light denim jeggings/ jeans - I just love that look in the winter time. I was so in love with this outfit earlier that I didn't want to take it off. I think I'm gonna wear it on Thursday when I'm hanging out with Chloe. 

From: Matalan 
Price: £10.00 





































Popping back to Asda now, I saw this gorgeous jumper and fell so in love with it. Blue coloured things really suit me, it doesn't even matter the tone of blue, how bright or dark, they always look good on my skin tone. I really love simple style clothes at the minute with small little details to give it a little something more eye catching to look at. Which this jumper has with the small slits up the sides, the little bows and flared styled sleeves, and the little pairs of dots going down the front and the back. Now in this try on I've got a white bra on which you can see in the dots, so I'll probably wear a black bra when I actually wear it so it's not as noticeable. But this is so comfortable and the knitted material feels such good quality. Again super slouchy and comfy, goes really well with these jeggings, and a perfect piece for autumn. 

From: George, Asda
Price: £16.00 
































Adding some more pink into my wardrobe now with this adorable baby pink bee jumper. This is also from Asda and they had a lot of different ones: ice creams, flamingos, and some other's but I can't quite remember. I just thought it was so cute, again would look adorable with light blue denim jeans and white boots but also looks great with dark jeans like above. Again, it's a nice casual piece with a little bit of extra detail. From the back it looks like a plain pink jumper and then you turn around and pop. I love the pop of colours from the little bees, they go really well with the pink base colour. It's super soft and not as slouchy as the others but still nice and comfy. It's got this kind of ribbed stretchy material around the hem and the sleeves. I was a little worried about the sleeves just because I didn't know if they'd look weird as they're cropped but I think it looks really nice. It means it's the perfect jumper to wear when you want to wear jewellery as it's not going to get caught or hidden by the sleeves. A really good transitional piece. Can't wait to wear it. 

From: George, Asda
Price: £14.00 











I went on a bit of a grey obsessive shopping haul. I don't know why but I just bought so many grey tops. Now I firstly want to say I wouldn't wear this with jeans or jeggings as to me it doesn't look right personally. I feel like this top is too long to wear with jeans but tops like this look great paired with leggings. Now I know to some of you this might not look too flattering as it is just a straight down top but I love wearing these kind of tops to uni because of doing drama we need to be in comfy practical clothes that we can move in. I was a little bit worried about it because although it's an XL I wasn't sure if it'd be too fitted on the stomach but thank god it's not because that's probably the area I like the least even though as you can see it is quite hugging on my big bum. But yeah this is gonna be really easy to just throw on in the morning for uni, really casual, really comfortable, and just really easy to wear. 

From: Matalan
Price: £5.00 (sale)









Continuing with the grey theme and the Matalan theme. You guys will know I have a bunch of these tops, they're just really easy to pair with a pair of jeans or leggings and then you're ready to go. Again, really comfortable and casual. I always find myself reaching for these when I don't really know what to wear for the day because they're just your standard t-shirt. 

From: Matalan
Price: £6.00 







The grey theme continues...

This is a pyjama top and in my opinion you can never have enough pyjama tops. I'll probably pair this with my black pyjama shorts which I wear all the time and then when it gets a bit colder or if I just don't want to wear short shorts, I'll pair this with my cropped leggings. As you can see, once again it's grey, with black bold writing that says 'Never Say Monday' which is just 100% me. It's also got a nice little V neck but nothing too low as I don't want boobs hanging out my top at night. Could even be worn as a lounge top too. Either way really comfy and really easy to wear.

From: Matalan
Price: £2.50 (sale) 











I promise this is the last grey thing in this haul! But yeah I really like this, I have no other jumpers in my wardrobe like this. So it's grey with two drawstrings and a little hood with 'every moment matters' on the front in this pretty pink colour with a cross over at the back. I really liked it because it's so casual and comfy with a little bit of detail. The cross over at the back is quite weird for me when the front is so snug. But having said that I do still like it but it's really easy to move a certain way and the cross over opens slightly. So I'll probably wear a white or black vest top under it just to be safe in case that does happen. But overall I do really like it and it's another wardrobe staple. 

From: Matalan
Price: £5.00 (sale) 















And our final item is this. Now I know some of you are going to be thinking, Katie, what the hell is this? When on earth are you going to wear that?

So when I saw this my main reason for buying it was actually because I thought it might come in handy for drama society socials and potentially the shows depending on what we're going to be doing. But that doesn't mean I wont wear it. I could easily wear this with my white scallop crop top or a black version of it as I really wanna get the black version as well. Or I figured I could wear it with my white or black long sleeve tops and tuck it in. But I also thought I could wear it with my new grey ribbed slightly cropped jumper. So lots of options. I wouldn't wear it with leggings, most likely tights and maybe some black boots to make it more winter appropriate and a bit 2010 edgy vibes. But as you can see it's just this gorgeous duck egg off blue colour with floaty material all the way around, I honestly feel like a fairy, and it also has a little under lining to give you more cover if you went out with it bare legged. This is actually a size too small for me and it does just about fit because of the stretchy band waist. Also as the top of the legging band is quite thick which added to the tightness but I will not wear this with leggings so we should be fine. 

 I wouldn't of bought it if it wasn't in the sale but as it was I thought why the heck should I not buy it if I like it? I know it's pretty out there but I love a bit of out there fashion every once in a while. If you guys would want me to do some style posts with items like this then let me know in the comments below. 

From: New Look
Price: £6.00 (sale) 

And that is it for this haul my lovelies. I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the more autumnal items I've recently been purchasing. Let me know in the comments below if you've been buying any autumn fashion items lately. 
Honestly I'm so excited for autumn to roll around! 

Don't forget to follow me on all my social medias linked above in my header as I'm posting all of the time on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. 

Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you again tomorrow for another. 

Love,

Katie
 

4 comments:

  1. ������������ love the pink bee jumper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I absolutely love it and can't wait to wear it.

      Love,
      Katie

      Delete
  2. Such a great haul! I love going into matalan, you can find some really great things for brilliant prices!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely! Yeah so do I, I always find really nice casual wear in there which I wear all the time. xxx

      Love,
      Katie

      Delete