Friday 11 August 2017

BLOGUST | Favourite Summer Sprays


Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all well, and welcome to blogust day eleven! So for today's post I figured we needed something a little bit more relaxed and an easy read. I know that for the majority of this week we've been talking about a lot of topics with a lot of information and opinions etc. Which has been very hard hitting to my brain and I'm assuming that you guys will be feeling the same. I came to the conclusion we needed something light, carefree, easy, and fun. So what better than to share my favourite summer sprays with you? I have been wearing these non-stop since May/ June. So if you guys want to know what I've been wearing all summer (almost) then keep on reading. 


 I hate wearing perfume in the summer. I just think it's too fragranted because of all of the notes that are moulded into making a perfume. Due to all of those different scented ingredients it means that perfumes are heavy and to me they feel heavy. I love it in the autumn/winter but I hate it in the spring/summer. I much prefer body mists in the summer because they are lighter and because they are lighter they feel more refreshing. They also only have a few scented ingredients in them which is another reason they do feel so light on your skin. 

The two I have been obsessed with this summer is the Hawaiian Tropic sunkissed dreams fragrance mist with lotus flower and sheer musks. Also the Grace Cole fragrant body mist in sweet peony and vanilla. I was kindly gifted these for my birthday from my friends Charlie and Chloe. 


I mentioned this collection of sprays in my summer wishlist post, if you guys haven't checked that out and would like to click here. I think this collection came out just before my birthday as I hadn't seen them before that and I mentioned to Charlie that I really wanted one but I didn't mind which one because I love all the scents. Like I said previously this one is the sunkissed dreams fragrance with lotus flower and sheer musks. 

'A lightly scented fragrance mist. From a sunkissed touch to that undeniable summer temptation, dreams are filled with the joy of love, fun and summer sun.' 

It has a really nice spritz which to me is essential in a body mist as the title suggests 'body' -  so I just spray it all over myself unlike a perfume. It has a water like consistency which means it's really light and quite cooling on your skin. Which I love for the summer time. I'd say the scent itself is quite sweet and it's there from the minute you spray it until the end of the day. Sometimes through the day I'll spray it again if I just fancy a cooling scented spritz but you don't have to. 

These come in a range of different bottle colours and scents such as tropical oasis (blue bottle), island resort (purple bottle), golden paradise (yellow bottle - which also smells just like Malibu), and many others. I've got a 250ml bottle but they also do 100ml bottles. The 250ml is £10.00 and the 100ml is £7.00. Really great prices for drugstore sprays. Also, I've been using this spray since May and I've still got above half a bottle which is amazing considering I wear this nearly every day. Also, a bit random, but I love that it's in a plastic bottle. I prefer body mists to be in plastic bottles, I think it's because they're lighter that way and easy to take with you if you want/need to. 

I adore this spray so much and as I said I would love to get the whole collection. I would highly recommend. If you guys want to shop the collection or check out any of the other products Hawaiian Tropic sell then click here.



I have never heard of this brand before or tried anything from them until I got this for my birthday. So this is by a brand called Grace Cole and it says on the bottle that this spray is apart of the signature collection. In the set with this spray there was also a shower gel or shower moisturiser I think and it came with a really nice bright pink glittery clutch bag. Which could obviously be used to keep your products in, makeup in, or even to be used on a night out. Which I may use it for but I haven't had the opportunity yet. 

As I said above this is the sweet peony and vanilla fragrant body mist. Before I even tried it this had the brownie points because if you didn't know vanilla is one of my favourite scents. Again this has a really nice spritz which is essential in a body mist for me.Similar to the previous spray it has that water like consistency which means it's light and cooling on the skin and creates a nice light dusting of the product to cling all over your skin. Also comes in a plastic bottle and this bottle in particular looks really classy with the clear bottle and gold design all around it. I really like that. Once again, I've been using this since May and still have just over half a bottle left. So this is lasting really well. 

To me the scent itself is warmer than the Hawaiian Tropic one and it's because of the vanilla. Vanilla products have quite a sweet rich smell; I think it's interesting that Grace Cole designed a scent with a warm tone, vanilla, and a cool tone, the sweet peony to create a nice middle ground. It's interesting that they're both sweet scents and work so well together. Just like the last spray once you've sprayed it on it's there for the whole day. If I fancy a touch up or that cooling feeling on my skin I will spray it but the scent clings to me all day long. Now the size of this little bottle is 100ml but I think that is because it came in a set. I actually did some browsing online and I found their website and I found some other sprays that you can buy separately that are all 250ml and the prices of those sprays are £8.00. Which again, a great drugstore spray price even though these aren't stocked in the drugstore as far as I know. I've had a browse across their website and they do some great products - all of the skincare type products as far as I've seen are all under £10 and the home ware pieces are all under £30.00. All of the gift sets are also all under £30.00. They seem to have a huge range of scents and lots of really good quality looking products. So I think I'm definitely going to check out more and potentially order some. 

If you guys are interested and want to check Grace Cole out then click here

Overall I love this spray, I'm really enjoying using it, and I'd love to try and test some more of their products. I also think this will still be a huge fave of mine for autumn because vanilla scents always bring out that warm and cosy vibe to me. 


That's it for this post my lovelies, I hope you enjoyed. I know that it's quite short compared to the rest of this weeks posts but I think we both needed this relaxed and easy read. I love doing long posts for you guys but they do take a lot of time so it's been nice to do a shorter one. 

Let me know in the comments what your favourite summer spray or sprays are at the minute. 

Don't forget to follow me on all my social medias linked in my header as it means the world guys and I'll be back with you again tomorrow for another post. 


Love,

Katie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment