Monday 1 December 2014

Disney Series: Queen Elsa - Frozen Makeup Tutorial

Hiya again my lovelies and HAPPY FIRST OF DECEMBER! CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!! 

But I am back with another makeup tutorial for my Disney series and this time it is Queen Elsa! I really enjoyed doing this makeup as it is two colours you think you'd never put together and they are actually gorgeous. So if you all want to know how to be Elsa, then please keep on reading.  


Step 1: 




Apply a shimmery purple all across your lid on a flat eyeshadow brush. If you don't have a shimmery purple you can just apply a light purple instead and apply a white shimmery bit in the middle, as that is what Elsa actually has in the film. But I thought it was just easier to apply a shimmery purple because I already had one. (PS, ignore my face in these photos as I can't be bothered to crop them and I was having a pretty bad skin day on this day). 


Step 2: 



Next is to line your tightline and waterline with an eyeliner kohl pencil to make your eyelashes appear fuller because Disney Princess's always have completely full eyelashes. Then take a cranberry red shade with no shimmer in and where the purple sits in your crease, apply the cranberry directly in your crease where the purple meets. The reason it's not subtle is because it's not really meant to blend smoothly as Elsa's makeup is one soft colour and one bold colour. So use a blending brush and blend the red into your crease and just above but do not diffuse all the colour. 

Step 3: 



Next step is to just blend the red and purple slightly more and to edit the shape of the big cranberry crease. Then, at this point your eyes should look something like this. 

Step 4: 


The next step is to blend both of the shades on your lower lashline. So just apply the purple colour from the inner corner all the way to the outer corner. 

Then, take your cranberry red shade and connect it to the outer corner on your outer eyelid crease and blend slightly along the lower lashline to merge it with the purple. (you can see this in the image above).

Step 5: 




Then apply your base and remember your base must be flawless as Disney Princess's have no flaws. Also, for Elsa I applied some natural blush on my cheeks and also on the tip of nose to imply it's cold. I also did this for Anna which is what I forgot to mention in my last post. 

But, as Elsa is an Ice Queen I decided to apply some white highlighter on my nose, down the bridge of my nose, my cupids bow, the hightest points of my cheeks and my chin. Then, apply your mascara. If you have wispy false lashes I would also apply those because Elsa has very wispy lashes on the outer eyelash area. But I can't as I wear glasses and my lashes are pretty long anyway. 


A quick side view of the blush and highlighter. 

Step 6: 


Apply some neutral lip colour and I used Baby Lips in Cherry Me. 

Step 7: 

 


It wouldn't be a true Elsa without a side plait. But, this is the finished look everyone! I really hope you like my inspired Elsa makeup tutorial because I really love it. 

Thank you all very much for reading and I'd love for you guys to suggest to me some more Christmas inspired things to do as I have a long list but I don't think they'll all happen, so if you guys have anything Christmas related you'd like me to do, please leave me a comment down below! or, send me a comment on Instagram: katiej0hnson 

But, bye for now everyone and I'll speak to you all soon!

Katie 
xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. Eyebrows are on point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you anonymous friend! I was very happy that they were on point on this day as Queen Elsa's are always on point! haha x

      Delete
  2. hey, its coming up to party season and i'm struggling with what to wear, could you help me with some ideas, and a tutorial and outfit choices, as i have a big party coming up. please reply soon, lots of love xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carly! Nice to talk to you again :) and yeah of course! I can do a party look tomorrow for you and anyone else wanting one. Have you got a colour scheme that you'd like and would you like it all out or kind of a simple party look?

      Lots of love to you too! xoxoxo

      Delete