Monday 29 December 2014

Lush: Luxury Lush Pud Review


Luxury Lush Pud Review 


Hello my lovelies I hope you are all well and had a very exciting Christmas! So here is one of my Christmas posts, I have a few more coming up over the next few days, I am really sorry they are late as we've passed Christmas now. But on the 26th and 27th I was really ill - I think I had stomach flu. But I'm better now and have a ton of things to post that were meant to go up before now, so just bare with me. But I bought Charlie a Lush box for Christmas, and whilst I was there, I got this Luxury Lush Pud from the Lush in Oxford. I've wanted to try it for ages and I'm really happy I did. 

Lush Description: 

Unwind (or calm down excited children) with this soothing bath bomb. Perfect before bedtime, drop this in the bath and watch it create pastel-coloured islands in the pink water as it fizzes and froths. Sharing its fragrance with Twilight bath bomb, the comforting tonka absolute, ylang ylang, and relaxing lavender oils will help banish tension. 

Ingredients

Lavender Oil 
Tonka Absolute 
Benzoin Resinoid 
Ylang Ylang Oil
Sodium Bicarbonate 
Citric Acid
Titanium Dioxide 
Cream of Tartar 
Water (Aqua) 
Lauryl Betaine 
Sodium Laureth Sulfate 
Gardenia Extract
Benzyl Benzoate 
Coumarin 
Linalool
Perfume 
Colour 42090 (blue) 
Colour 15510 (orange) 
Colour 45410 (red)
Candy Pink Lustre 
Candy Holly Leaf 


Now obviously, I don't know what every single ingredient is needed for within the bath bomb. But, either way, all of these ingredients mixed together make a beautiful scent, feel, and relaxing bath vibe. 

The scent from this bath bomb is very strongly sweet because of the lavender oil which is also shared with their Twilight bath bomb. I really love it's smell because even though it is strong, it isn't an over powering amount of lavender as sometimes lavender is a little too much for me. But I also think lavender is such a classic scent that you find in a lot of body related things and candles etc. But Lush really blended the lavender well with all the other ingredients, that it was nice to inhale but still a strong scent of lavender within the product. 



Luxury Lush Pud in Stages  


I completely agree about all of the colour pigments because all of the shades start off really bright as you can see from the images above and as they dissolve more within the bath they go a bit more pastel like for the pink, that is the dominant colour of the bath bomb, to stay as a constant. 

My favourite part of the bath bomb was actually when it all dissolved and it was just wispy white like bubbles at the end because it all looked very simple and pretty. Eventually when it all faded the bath was pure pink and had small pigments of glitter in. But not glitter that stains your bath or gets all over your skin. 

Like all the bath bombs in Lush, it made my skin feel really soft and healthy. It also makes you feel really relaxed like your mind and skin have had a really expensive spa treatment which is really nice. 

The only main downside is, don't use this before you go out somewhere important such as a wedding, or a party etc, because the pink colour can stain parts of your skin. It stained one of my hands with bright pink, so bare that in mind with this product. Also, they say it is meant to make you ready for bed, and it could just be because I am a bit of a night owl, but it didn't make me physically feel relaxed enough to go to sleep straight away, but that's probably just due to my sleeping pattern. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this bath bomb, I think if you have any opportunities to get it now I would as it is a special one just for Christmas time.  

Price: £3.50 

Katie's Rating:  

No comments:

Post a Comment