Monday 15 December 2014

A Day In The Life Of Katie: Shopping in Oxford with Chloe and Primark Haul!

Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all doing fabulous. 

IT IS OFFICIALLY 10 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS, AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am so excited! I've still got loads to do before it, like delivering cards and more wrapping, but I can't believe how quick December is going. But on the weekend just gone, Chloe and I went to Oxford and we spent two hours in Primark! Honestly, we did some serious spending damage in that shop. But I adore Primark and I don't go there all the time, so it was acceptable. 


Even though we didn't start in Costa, I will just show you what we had for lunch now because then I can go straight into the Primark haul. But here's our delicious lunch of: cheese and ham toasties, along with an iced latte for me and a tropical fruit cooler for Chloe, and finally, a brownie split between us both. Honestly, these toasties were the best things ever, I can't even describe how good they were. You all must go and have one at some point in your life. But this was the point when we had a really nice catch up and it was really busy in Oxford's Costa. 


But I saw this and I thought it was so nice and creative, therefore I just had to take a photo of it. Whoever put this together, it obviously took a long time to get it perfect. Therefore, it should be appreciated and I just loved it. I love all the Christmas cups, but I can never get any as I never have any of their seasonal drinks because I'm not a massive hot drink fan unfortunately. 

Even though I didn't take that many photos, there was this adorable guy doing some singing down the street in Oxford and he was really good. He had a guitarist with him, and when we walked past, he was singing A Team by Ed Sheeran and he had such a good voice! 

But moving onto the Primark Haul with a couple of extra bits added in. Guys, this is a big thing because I haven't done a haul in about two months or something and I know you guys all love hauls, therefore, I hope you enjoy. 






The first thing I picked up was a new makeup bag. Not because I necessarily need one, but whenever I go to Primark and haven't been for a while, I always seem to get a new one because they're cheap and they have some really lovely ones. I love all of their makeup bags, and one day I want to get one of their big round ones to put some kind of makeup/ nail varnish, but currently I'd have no where to put it. 

I saw this one and I just really liked it. I loved how it's holographic and shines different colours in the light. I really love things that sparkle and shimmer which is also why I love diamond rings because they shine different colours in the light, just like the photo above. But this one actually has loads of room in, so I can fit my pens in there, as well as, my actual makeup. 

Price: £3.00 



Here we have some mascara and a new dark brown pencil. These are not too bad of products considering their price. The mascara sort of does it's job, I wouldn't say it is necessarily volumising, it just separates your eyelashes. Then the brow pencil, I've had before. But it is still alright, I feel like I filled it in too dark for me today, but still a pretty strong colour. Just takes a lot of product off when you brush through it a lot. But, I'll work around for a while and apply it lighter or something. 

Price: £1.00 


This next item is not for me, it is a joint Christmas present for my mum and dad. I started doing this last year and now I'm gonna continue it. So, this is a diffuser and a candle in a Jasmine scent. I just thought it was a really nice gift from the home section, and I am also going to get my parents something else that is joint, but I have no idea what at the moment. 

Price: £3.50 



These next two items are not for me, they are for Chloe. These are two of her Christmas gifts and yes I can post these because she knows I've bought these. There is a present I am trying to get her, but it might not be possible as I don't know where I can possibly get it from leaving it this late. Therefore, I bought her these because she wants these for her birthday event that we're doing. 

Price: 
- Cream/ White Bag: £6.00
- Silver and White Fake Nails: £1.00 



These pyjama bottoms, I am absolutely in love with. I just love them, they are extremely comfy. I can stretch my legs right out with these on. They are very festive for the winter season, they have little snowflake patterns on them and have a white bit of ribbon to tie around your waist. Finally, they have fitted ankle bits at the bottom so they don't slip up and down when you're a sleep at night. That's what I hate about pyjama bottoms - when they're not fitted around the ankles because then I have to wear socks with them. But these are extremely comfy and if you guys can find some, I would defo get them asap!!!

Price: £6.00 


This top was a quick buy at the end because I saw it, and I really liked it but I contemplated buying it. But the main reason I decided to get it was because, A, it was Disney and B, it would go with my snowflake pyjama bottoms. But I got this in a size 18 because I've had tops like this before from Primark in my size and they've been too tight and restricting. But, I am currently wearing these two together as my pyjamas and it is ultimate comfort. 

Price: £6.00 




This next item is leggings and oh my god, they are the comfiest leggings I've ever had. Leggings are comfy anyway but these are 100x more comfy than normal leggings because they are fleecy to keep you warmer. But I love them, mainly for the fact there's Christmas puddings and snowflakes on them! 

Price: £10.00 



Guys this is not from Primark, this is from Newlook, but I thought I'd show it you anyway as it's a gorgeous velvet rose kimono. I'm not normally into much velvet stuff but I really loved this. 

Price: £12.00 


Here is my new favourite clothing item, this is a blanket wrap. But seriously, these are massive. I came home and could wrap myself in it and snuggle up on my sofa because it was that big. But I really love the colours because they're great for autumn/winter time and it's all one size so it will fit anyone. I feel like it also makes any dress based outfit toned down to be more casual as it covers your arms and your not as exposed like you would be at a party. I wore this to my second cousins christening on Sunday and it made my outfit look smart casual instead of just party based dress. 

Price: £19.99

I did also get a bath bomb from Lush, but I do not have a photo of it as it is still wrapped up in its little bag. But I got the Luxury Lush Pud which looks like a Christmas pudding. It is pink and white with holly and berries part on top just like a Christmas pudding.But within it, it has different colours such as pink, blue, green, yellow etc. I am really excited to use it because it smells amazing. 


Here is what the Luxury Lush Pud looks like just to give you an idea of what I mean. I think I am going to do a review of this gorgeous looking Christmas thing. Maybe I'll wait to use it until Christmas Eve as it is still wrapped up tight in a bag, so it should be okay. 


Here's a final photo of the day and this was us just chilling and chatting on the journey home. Plus, these milkshakes from Marks and Spencer's are the best; White Chocolate and Vanilla milkshake! 


Well everyone, thank you for reading if you did, and I hope you enjoyed this kind of follow us around Oxford sorta thing and Primark Haul in-between. I don't know what I'm posting next, I think it's a festive makeup tutorial and I am also going to be doing a festive nail tutorial soon! 

Bye for now everyone, 

Katie 
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment