Tuesday 30 December 2014

A Day In The Life Of Katie: Heather's 18th Birthday!

Hello my darlings! I hope you are all well and are excited for 2015 as I'm really looking forward to next year because it's the year that a lot of things are finally going to change and be different, which is super exciting, and you guys get to come along for the ride. But firstly, we've got the last day of 2014 to get through. 


Classic toilet selfie 

So this is a very exciting post; Heather's birthday was a couple days ago now, the 28th of December. The girls (aka Heather and Jess) and I all went to London as that was what Heather really wanted to do for her 18th, and, it was the first time for me, getting to properly experience other parts of London. I've been to Covent Garden twice with college and then around Leicester Square to go and see The Commitments, again with college. 

This time we went to Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford City by the underground. I actually really enjoyed travelling on the underground because it was my first ever time doing it and it's really not as scary as people make out to me, the only thing I would say, is really hold onto the handle bars above you if you're standing (I almost fell over a couple times, haha!). But Westfield was absolutely packed, it was heaving with eager sales shoppers. Which was pretty awful to be honest, I hate crowded shopping centres anyway, but at Christmas sales it was horrendous. 

But we did go in a few nice shops to have a browse around, of course one being, the Disney Store. Us three are all very big fans of Disney Princesses and just Disney in general. We have very strong discussions about Disney Channel's old shows etc. But Westfield's Disney Store was absolutely adorable and here are some images from it... 


Princess chandelier
Snow falling trees
Princess crown mirror 
The only purchase we made at Westfield was actually from the Models Own stand. For those of you who don't know what Models Own is, it's a makeup brand that is mainly popular for their nail varnishes. They do so many different collections from, Hyper Gel's, Diamond Luxe, Disco Pants, Ice Neons, Scented Pastel Fruits, and most recently, a Scented Sweets collection. So they are very original collections and have many ranges of colours. If any of you are interested in looking at all their collections/ buying some products go here: http://www.modelsownit.com/
Here is the direct link to all of their nail varnish collections: http://www.modelsownit.com/products/nails.html

So we we're intrigued to the stand as it was a proper Models Own stand just for their brand. Usually I can only find Models Own in my local Boots on a small stand, so it was nice to have a real proper stand to look at all their products. They had an offer on which was you can buy any 5 items from nail varnish to makeup brushes for £15.00 and we all got a free kohl pencil in Chestnut. 


So, it was a bit awkward as we tried to divide it up between 3 of us and we only really liked one product completely enough to buy it. So I decided I'd buy a big box of 10 nail polishes that were 50% off (£25.00 down from £50.00) which was the Hyper Gel collection. I'm not going to go into too much detail about them as I am going to do a review on them coming up in January of 2015. But all I will say is that you get 10 polishes and each nail varnish is normally £5.00 each which x10 lots is £50.00 and that makes it fair. So really I paid for 5 polishes and then got the other 5 free which I thought was a really good deal. 

But I'd just like to give a big shout out too all of the girls who were working on that stand on Sunday. They were absolutely lovely girls who really helped us out on what we should choose and all of the information they gave us. They know so much about all of the products they sell which is really helpful. Apart from them doing their job, they were just really lovely to talk to and I just want to thank them for commenting on my nails and asking for my blog name. It really does mean a lot to me, and thank you too any of you gorgeous girls if you have read any posts from my blog. Comment below if you have! 


When shopping was all over, we caught the underground to Leicester Square to go to Planet Hollywood for dinner. This was all of our first time at Planet Hollywood and let me tell you, it was amazing. It is absolutely massive in that restaurant, the staff are wonderful, and the atmosphere there is in there makes you really happy. 

Famous hand prints on the wall
Famous hand prints on the wall 
Famous hand prints on the wall 
Downstairs bar area 
Downstairs bar area 
Costume pieces upstairs 
Prop pieces upstairs

We all really enjoyed our time at Planet Hollywood, us three all thought the famous aspect to it with the hand prints were creative, as well as, all of the props and costume pieces from films and musicals on display. It's just a shame how they only have one Planet Hollywood in the UK which is in London, so if you've ever been there comment below, or, if you get the chance to go, I really would recommend it. 


Dinner - BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger and Chips 
Dessert - Chocolate Brownie Sundae in a giant Martini Glass 
Dinner and dessert were both absolutely delicious. It just shows how close we are as unintentionally we all wanted the same burger, which was funny. But their food is absolutely 5/5 rating and you all need to go and eat their at least once in your life. (If you're wondering, yes, we did eat all of the giant Martini ice cream dessert) 


Table selfie 
Table Selfie
That was our day in London everyone, I hope you enjoyed reading as much as we enjoyed being there. Heather, I hope you had a fab 18th birthday as I know Jess and I loved spending it with you. 

Thank you everyone for reading and I will see you tomorrow for my final ever post of 2014! Which is just a massive celebration of favourites, memories, happy times, bad times, and an overal celebration for 2015! So goodbye for now, and see you tomorrow!

Katie 

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment