Sunday 17 December 2017

BLOGMAS | Uni Friends Present Exchange



Hello my lovelies and welcome to Blogmas day 15! As my friends and I are off home at the end of the week for the Christmas holidays we always have a night where we get together before we go home and open our Christmas gifts from each other. 

For me Christmas will always be about giving and showing how much you care for your family and friends but it's just as important for yourself to feel that same affection from others back. I think presents is a nice way to do that because to someone else it shows your thoughtfulness/ awareness of that other person. What they like and what they're interested in etc. One thing I do a lot around this time of year is listen to when friends and family say they like a certain brand or just see something in a shop they really like or just remember little details they mention. Again, thoughtfulness/ awareness towards them; these are always the gifts that go down well because it proves how much you know them as well as listen to them. That is something I do every year and the gifts I bought for all my friends this year were no exception to that. 

I'm not going to list every item I bought my friends because we'd be here forever but I am going to share with you all what I was kindly gifted this year.  



Kicking us off is this beautiful Winnie The Pooh cushion. I saw this in Primark a good month or two ago and fell in love with it. If you guys didn't know Winnie The Pooh is the one franchise from Disney that I hold close to my heart because he was my first teddy bear when I was born and I've grown up with Winnie. So when I saw this cushion I desperately wanted to buy it but it never really felt like the right time so I never got it. Jess hinted at me that she'd bought it me for Christmas and as you can see she did as otherwise it wouldn't be in this post. But not only did Jess get it for me, my friend Katie also gifted it to me too! And I'm honestly so happy. I've only brought one home with me as I've got a single bed at home but I've got a double bed at uni which means that my new beautiful cushion can sit on both sides of the bed as home decoration. 


Continuing the Winnie The Pooh theme, I was also kindly gifted this from Jess and it's a Winnie The Pooh hot water bottle. I've also seen these in Primark and thought all the hot water bottles were so cute but never really thought about getting one. But I'm honestly so in love with him. He's so soft and cuddly, the water bottle inside is a decent size and keeps water hot throughout the whole night (yes I've already used it), and if I wanted to, could easily fill him with stuffing to make him into an actual bear. I love him so much, thank you Jess! 


Someone else who I am obsessed with is the cat Pusheen. I've been eyeing up these, also from Primark, I'm clearly in there too often. But I said to all of my friends if you got me anything Pusheen I'd be over the moon and I was ecstatic when I opened these. There is actually three pairs of socks but once again I was so excited that I've already worn a pair. The socks and footlets were from Jess H but again I wasn't just graced with one pair of Pusheen footlets, I was graced with two. The other pair being from my other friend Jess who got me the two Winnie things above. I am honestly so grateful and cannot wait to wear them all. 


Malibu is my favourite alcoholic beverage so it's no surprise that someone would buy me a little set like this. Meg kindly got me this as she knows how much I love Malibu. These are honestly fab little alcohol gift sets because it means you can treat someone to their favourite drink without spending over £20 on a massive bottle. I bought Em a gin one of these sets for Christmas too. Thank you Meg, I'll definitely be having a lovely Malibu and Coke on Christmas Day with this. 


I'm a very sentimental person if you didn't know. I love taking pictures and keeping little bits and bobs that remind me of people or events or memories etc. I opened this from Katie and I'm so in love with it. The frame is so simple and modern - love. And this is one of my all time favourite photos of Katie and I and of course she's one of my favourite people on the planet. This is currently sat in my window sill with lots of pretty fairy lights around it. Thank you Katie, I love it. 


You guys know how much I love flamingos by now and if you didn't, well now you know. I was also kindly gifted this from Meg and I love it. It is so precious and beautiful. If you guys haven't guessed already it's a flamingo ring dish/ jewellery dish. I really love trinket trays and dishes, I have so many of them yet some how manage to use them all. So I've brought this one home with me and it looks adorable on my bed side table. Can't wait to put my everyday jewellery onto it. Thank you so much Meg, I absolutely adore it. 


Classic Christmas present these are. Everyone loves bath and shower goodies at Christmas as we all know we'll definitely get use out of them. This is the Made With Love Mason Jar and includes body wash, a shower pouff, and four heart bath fizzers. It smells absolutely lush; red plum and cranberry - so Christmassy. Plus I love having mason jars for storage as well as using them for actual drinks. These would be great presents to DIY as well and you could put anything in them. I'm really excited to use the bath fizzers in my bath tonight. Thank you so much Laura, it's lovely! 


A bundle of Primark bits now! The majority of these presents are from Katie apart from the flamingo nail polish set, that is from Jess H. I always find Primark is fab for those small extra presents when you want to buy people something else that is small but you don't want to break the bank by spending loads more money when you've already spent quite a bit. 

Loads of lovely little bits like nail varnish, washi tape (love the stuff), a lip lacquer, and makeup applicators. 


This nail varnish looks beautiful. I love the bottle and the pink lid and I love the pink glitter. You get 10.5ml in this bottle which is actually more than the average nail varnish which is so good. I'm so excited to give it a try as you can see I need to paint my nails so who knows, maybe this will feature on my next mani. Katie knows me well. 


Also from Katie is this gorgeous lip lacquer and as you can see it's a rich deep burgundy shade and these are some of my favourite shades to wear in winter. I've never tried Primark lip lacquers so I'm excited to give it ago. 


And this nail varnish is from Jess H. Once again, I've seen these in Primark too around the Christmas section and of course I love it because of the flamingo packaging but I also love both the colours. Good choice Jess. 


Another gift from Meg, she saw these in Superdrug and thought let's just get everybody one! These are definitely fun little stocking fillers or good for Secret Santa. I think it's meant to smell of Strawberry when you put it into the bath so we'll have to test out if it actually does or not. 




I adore candles for home decoration as well as actually burning them. This one is called Warm Winter Hug and smells of apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It is literally Christmas in a candle. It is rich and smells insane; I could honestly smell this for the rest of my life and die happy. I'm so excited to burn this and smell it throughout my room. Thank you so much Em, I love it! 


Also from Em is this Conspiracy Theory book. Em bought this for herself a little while ago as we're both obsessed and she said she decided to get me one so we can have one each and fan-girl together which I thought was so lovely and thoughtful. Em and I have been wanting to do a conspiracy post on my blog for ages but with so many different theories out there we just weren't sure where to begin. But now that we both have a copy of this, we can fully read it over Christmas, make notes, and compare notes together and hopefully come up with a great post together all about our favourite conspiracy theories or just talking about certain ones that seem to make the most sense etc. Hopefully you guys will be able to look forward to that in the new year and let me know if that is something you'd 100% want to see. 


 And finally from Em and the last present in this post is a little selection box. You can never have enough chocolate at Christmas time, especially Cadbury's. Delicious! 


 And that's it my lovelies, I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got for Christmas from my uni friends. Honestly I am so thankful and so grateful for every present, my friends know me so well and I am so lucky with everything I've kindly been gifted. But the gift I am most grateful for is to have them as my best friends.

As always guys don't forget to follow me on all of my social media so you can keep up to date with everything I am doing over this festive period! You can follow me on Twitter @katielouj0hnson, Instagram @katiej0hnson, Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson.

Thank you guys so much for reading and baring with me as I get back into Blogmas after the show. I'm nearly up to date! See you soon for day 16!

Love,

Katie








No comments:

Post a Comment