Sunday 17 December 2017

BLOGMAS | Chester Christmas Market


Hello my lovelies and welcome to Blogmas day 14! Today I'm sharing a post with you with something I've enjoyed every single year since going to uni. As you can see, it's a post all about Chester's Christmas Market. We all know how much I love Christmas and I adore the markets around this time of year. Especially the Chester ones because they're all in one area and sell absolutely gorgeous bits and bobs. 


If you live in Chester or near the Chester area then defo go and check the market out! As you guys can see you've not got much time left (only 3 days as I'm posting this slightly late) so make time to go and have a little wander around. 








The markets always look so pretty as the sky starts to become a deep shade of blue because of all of the lights strung across the whole area and on the huts as well as the huge Christmas tree. 




They've got so many lovely Christmas accessories for both indoors and outdoors on this stand; wreaths, hanging ornaments, wood wicker animals, little trees etc. 





These candles smell absolutely insane and the brand/company looks so classy. 



Adore these little incense houses! Every time I've walked past they smell incredible too. 


These Disney light boxes are absolutely magical. 






Favourite stand of the year is the garlic dish stand. In a nutshell this guy was selling a product that makes grating garlic easier. The larger dishes have a grater in the middle so you can grate it onto the plate and then using this brush he was also selling to make that into a paste. So for the proper set: a large dish, garlic brush, and a garlic roller it was only £10! Which is fab if you've got someone who really likes garlic or uses garlic a lot in cooking etc. 

I actually bought something from this stand; every time I came into the market with Em we'd always walk past this stand and awe at the gorgeous hand painted patterns on all of the dishes, so I bought her one for her birthday. But as Em doesn't use proper garlic, she uses Very Lazy Garlic simply because it makes life easier. So I decided to get her one of the small dishes along the front of the stand. I figured she could use it for her garlic and olive oil combination when she makes bruschetta or any sauces etc to go with meals. The small dishes are £3.00 each but if you buy two small dishes then it was only £5.00, so I bought two. One for me and one for Em. Needless to say, she was very ecstatic when she opened it. I'm so happy she liked it and I can't wait to see how she uses it. 





Another time I visited the market with Jess and her mum we really fancied a festive beverage. Jess' mum went for mulled wine which was actually really nice. I was surprised I liked the taste of it. And Jess and I went for a classic hot chocolate. The hot chocolate was £3.00 but look at the amount of cream, mini marshmallows, and chocolate dusting you get on that. Definitely worth it. Hot chocolate is not normally my favourite drink but this festive season, especially in the last few days, I've been really craving it and that's all I've wanted to drink. I'm not even joking, this hot chocolate is one of the best hot chocolate's I've ever tasted. Would highly recommend trying it if you get the chance! 

And that's it my lovelies, I hope you enjoyed seeing the Chester Christmas Markets and it's made you want to go and visit. I really would recommend it, it's such a lovely little market and there are a lot off other lovely stands to check out, not just the ones I've included in this post. Have you been to any Christmas markets this month?

As always guys don't forget to follow me on all of my social media so you can keep up to date with everything I am doing over this festive period! You can follow me on Twitter @katielouj0hnson, Instagram @katiej0hnson, Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson.

Thank you guys so much for reading and baring with me as I get back into Blogmas after the show. I'm slowly getting up to date; I shall see you soon for another one. 

Love,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment