Tuesday 20 December 2016

Tanya Burr Beauty Advent Calendar Review and Tutorial | BLOGMAS


Hello my lovelies and welcome to BLOGMAS day 12! 

Today is a very exciting post as I am finally doing a review and tutorial on Tanya Burr's 12 day beauty advent calendar. And what better day to do it on than the 12th of December because today is the day the calendar ended. 


I received this advent calendar as a surprise from my mum and dad and it was needless to say, I was so excited to open it. I had never tried any Tanya Burr cosmetic products before and I've been told how good they are because they're so popular. 

Before we dive into the calendar itself, I just want to give praise to Tanya for the design of the advent calendar. I think the colour scheme is absolutely stunning, the imagery on the front is really pretty, and the calendar was a really lovely size. 



In this gorgeous advent calendar I opened: 
1x nail file
1x small mirror
1x matte lipstick
2x eye shimmer pots
2x glitter eyeliners
2x lipglosses
3x nail polish

The quality of all of these products is absolutely stunning; I absolutely love the packaging of the products. I think the golden mirror effect works really well. I think the products look really luxurious which makes them look a lot more expensive than they actually are. Here are some close ups of the beautiful products. 
















Here are the two stunning eye shimmer pots in Champagne Sparkle which is a beautiful deep coppery brown shade with flecks of golden sparkle in. As well as, Snow Day which is as white as snow with iridescent gleams of purple, green, blue, silver, and gold in the light. I use it in the tutorial and when I put it on I said, and I quote, "Oh my god" if that doesn't tell you how amazing it already is. You guys just wait and see. 

Snow Day & Champagne Sparkle swatched  




The nail file is the perfect size for carrying around in your handbag and it's a double sided design which I think is adorable. 



























The lip products are by far, some of my favourite items in this calendar simply because they are just so good. From top to bottom we have: Candy Cane, Berry Pavlova, and Christmas Stocking. 

Candy Cane is a classic gorgeous girly pink with a bit of a glimmery sheen running through the colour. You can't really see it unless you're in a certain light. But the formula is really nice, it's quite thick but doesn't feel sticky once it's on your lips. Then moving to the middle, Berry Pavlova is an absolutely stunning deep berry red with hints of pink and it's the perfect shade for winter. Again, the formula is nice, thick but non sticky. Both lipglosses probably have the best formula's and pigmentation I have got from a lipgloss. 

Finally moving onto Christmas Stocking, I adore this one. It is the perfect bright Christmas lip. I don't own many matte lip products just because they're not normally my thing but I adore this one. It dries so fast and I had it on for the entire day and as I've said to my friends, "Did not move, did not budge, did not come off!" it really does what it claims to do. The formula is quite rich and feels dry but isn't dry when it's on your lips. I use all of the colours on top of a red lip liner and they all look really beautiful over the top. 

All three lip products are just amazingly good quality and you get a generous amount of product considering the normal sizes are 7.5ml. 


Candy Cane, Berry Pavlova, and Christmas Stocking swatched


Next we have these two stunning glitter eyeliners in, Ice Crystals and Treasured. Both colours are super pretty and perfect for a subtle bit of glitter on the eyes or to be used as a "glitter pigment glue" which is what I used Ice Crystals for in the tutorial that is coming up later in this post. Both of them are really liquid based which is really easy to apply and doesn't feel like it's ripping your eyelids off. There is nothing I hate more than when glitter eyeliners are scratchy and rough to apply onto your eyes as they are a sensitive part of your face. 

Again, both products are 6ml which is very generous of Tanya considering they are not full size products. I love the fact that they're liquid based because they feel cooling on your eyes and non scratchy. I do not know how long they take to dry in general as I used mine as a base to stick my glitter pigment to, but they are excellent for that also. With it being the festive party season as well, these are absolutely perfect and probably the best glitter liners I've ever used. 

Treasured and Ice Crystals swatched 






Finally we have the three nail varnishes, Glitter Rain, Sleigh Bells, and Glitters and Gold. I love all three colours, they are just the classic Christmas colour pallet and you can't go wrong with that. 

Glitter Rain and Glitters and Gold are the same polish with big and small chunks of glitter just different shades. Both have a nice consistency when applied from brush to nail, they evenly spread enough glitter that can definitely be built up with 2/3 coats. 

But, the middle shade Sleigh Bells is my absolute favourite. I have it on my nails at this very minute and it is the perfect Christmas glittery red. After I applied my topcoat to it I couldn't get over it shines and glimmer in the light, it is by far the best red polish I think I've ever owned. I love it when glitter polishes have inner glitter, already mixed within the polish but it's just smooth, you can't feel the chunks. It's lasting really well, I painted my nails on Saturday and it is now Tuesday when I am writing this and there is no chips whatsoever. I absolutely love it and this colour polish is officially my Christmas nail colour this year.  

In the tutorial the products I am going to be testing are the eyeshadow pigment Snow Day, the glitter eyeliner in Ice Crystals, and the lipgloss in Candy Cane. 

























So this is the look I created incorporating some of the Tanya Burr Cosmetics products. I didn't want to go for the option of using the golds and browns because my Christmas Day makeup Blogmas post is going to be all about golds and browns. So I chose to do something that was ice blue and frosty, basically a true snowy winter look. I absolutely love it, considering I wasn't even sure what I was going to do with the look, I am obsessed with it. I would happily wear this out just in general because I think it's gorgeous and I'm just addicted to that glitter pigment on the middle of my eyelid plus I feel like it all comes together really nicely with that pink lip. So, if you guys do wanna know how I got this look, then please keep reading. 


























So the eye makeup base colours are pretty simple. I just took a light blue and packed it all across the lid. I did use a brush but it wasn't working as well, so I packed it on with my finger and it applied much better. Then in the crease I just took a slightly darker blue and blended it through the crease with my Makeup Revolution E103 brush. As you can see both blues are very frosty and ice like, so if you want to recreate this look, I would suggest sticking to the theme of wintery/ icy blue tones. Both these blues came from a huge Makeup Revolution pallet I have. 


























Then I just blended those blues on my lower lashline with the same brushes I used before. Then taking the same pallet from Makeup Revolution I took a silvery frosty shade, again sticking to the ice and frost themed shades. I took that on my finger and packed it into the middle of my eyelid and brought it inwards towards my inner corner. 

I then just went on a head and applied my everyday makeup like I always do, nothing special. The only thing I did differently was just run brow gel through my eyebrows, mainly because I couldn't be bothered to full on fill them in but also because the eyeshadows are light shades which means it wont look weird if I have them only lightly filled and shaped. If you guys do want to know everything that I used, it is in my previous makeup tutorials. 


























Applying that glitter eyeliner in Ice Crystals onto my lid as a base for the shimmer to stick to. But how gorgeous is this eyeliner, it is so glimmery and extremely wintery. It looks so damn good to enhance that silver shade on the middle of my eyelid and you guys are gonna freak out when you see the pictures of this glitter pigment on my eyelids. 


























OH MY GOD, HOW STUNNING IS IT. 

Honestly, when I put Snow Day on my eyelids I literally was like, "Oh my god"  the minute I packed this onto my lid. I can't believe how amazing it is, it sticks to the eyeliner so well. It stay on all day, this stuff did not flutter it's way off my lids and onto my face. Once it was stuck on there, it was not coming off.

These photos will never be able to do this product justice because it is so beautiful and even more so in real life. The only way I can describe it, it's when fresh snow has just fallen and it's early in the morning when you can see in the street lights the snow glimmering or the frost glimmering in the light. Just like it's name, so it's true to it's title. You can slightly see it in the photo with my eyes closed, when it catches the light it glimmers with purples, blues, greens, and gold flecks. I am just obsessed with this already and I'm gonna treasure this forever, I think it's my new favourite makeup product. 



























As always, applying my mascara which is the W7 Foxy Lashes in Blackest Black. I had a really good mascara day when I did this and I was so happy. I feel like mascara just completes a makeup look, I couldn't do eye shadow without putting mascara on at the end. 



























I then applied my red lipliner from Primark and applied that gorgeous pinky lipgloss in Candy Cane over the top. I blotted it out a few times because I didn't want it overly bright, just a pretty wintery pink. As I didn't want this look to be to in your face, especially because the eyes are so beautiful. I wanted the lips to be noticeable but subtle which I definitely achieved from this lipgloss. 

You can see on my face how chuffed I am with this look because by the end I was so in love with it. I think it's just the perfect wintery makeup look and I cannot wait to wear this look again. It is the perfect look to bring out those blue eyes of mine as it really makes them pop. 

























I hope you guys enjoyed this review and makeup look all in one. This is one of my favourite posts from Blogmas so far; hope you've enjoyed it as much as me. 

Bye for now and see you tomorrow for more festivities! 

Love,
Katie





No comments:

Post a Comment