Friday 23 December 2016

Christmas Day Makeup Tutorial | BLOGMAS


Hello my lovelies and welcome to BLOGMAS day 21! 

Sorry for missing out a few days but I haven't had anything planned for that short day gap until today. I feel like I do this post every Christmas and of course that is a Christmas Day Makeup Tutorial. For the past couple years of doing this, I feel like I've done a look and then not actually worn it on Christmas Day and barely worn it for the holidays. 

However, this, is about to change. 

This look I am about to show you guys how to do today I have been wearing non-stop for the past two weeks, which is completely rare for me. It has become a part of my everyday makeup look which again is rare as I usually do not wear eyeshadow every time I wear makeup but all of sudden, I now do. I know, craaaaazy Katie. I can say with confidence I will definitely be wearing this look on Christmas Day. For me, the best part about this makeup look is it's easy to wear and I feel beautiful wearing it which is the best part about makeup, it's why I wear it, to feel beautiful. 




























So if you guys wanna know how to get this beautiful gold look for Christmas Day and the winter holidays in general, then keep on reading. 


So for the first time in forever, these days I am actually doing my face first before I put this eyeshadow on, shocker. As you guys know I normally do my eyeshadow before my base due to fall out. But I've discovered this eye makeup doesn't have too much fall out which I was quite surprised about. But anyway, I applied my base first and as my everyday base these days we have... 


  • Maybelline Better Skin in 05 Light Beige 
  • Then taking my go to concealer as always, the Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair from Collection under my eyes drawn in a triangle and taken down my cheeks, along my nose, on my forehead, around the sides of my nose, on my cupids bow, around my lips, and on my chin. Then of course on any blemish areas that I want to cover. Using my beauty blender from Real Techniques for both my base and my concealer. 
  • Then using another holy grail of mine, the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder in Translucent. Powdering all over my face with my Makeup Revolution F104 powder. 
  • Then I am taking my Ben Nye Banana Powder and baking under my eyes, down my nose, in the middle of my forehead, on my cupids bow, and on my chin using a makeup puff. Baking every where I am going to put highlighter just to really lighten up those areas. 
  • Then moving onto my eyebrows, I'm taking my classic Maybelline Brow Drama brow gel also in Dark Brown to just set them in place. 
  • Then shaping my face with Makeup Revolution's Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kit in the shade Fair C01. Just taking the contour to sculpt out my cheek bones on an angled brush and buffing it out in circular motions and contouring my nose using my Urban Decay fluffy brush from their Smoky pallet. 
  • Baked both my face contour and my nose contour with Ben Nye's Banana Powder. 
  • Finally taking Makeup Revolution's F105 angled brush to apply my highlighter from Makeup Revolution's Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kit in Fair C01. Placing it on the high points of my cheeks, my forehead, down the bridge and on the tip of my nose, on my cupids bow, and on my chin.


Moving swiftly on to the eyes. All eyeshadows in this tutorial are from MUA's Undressed pallet. I am taking the gold on the top row called Lion (6th shadow) and firstly taking it on my finger to get that colour packed on and then adding more in places using my Urban Decay Naked 3 brush. I also slightly pressed it through the crease to create that slightly deeper gold that you can see on my outer lid. 


























Taking that same pallet and using the colour Hazel on my Makeup Revolution E103 brush and blending it through the crease ever so lightly. I do not take loads on the brush, just a small amount as you can clearly see, a lot goes quite a long way. I just blend that up and out in circular motions to give it that nice soft blend. 



























Then I am just dipping my finger and brush back into that gold shade to add it back onto my lid as I lost it a bit when I blended that brown through my crease. And using the brush to create that round shape that joins up with the brown in my crease and outer lid. I also apply  that gold on my inner corner. 


























Then running that gold from my inner corners along with lower lashline. Adding that same brown from the outer part of my lower lashline and blending it inwards using my Makeup Revolution E101 brush and then taking my blender brush once again and blending it out and into the outer part of my lid to connect it all together. 


























Then of course my favourite part of eye makeup, adding my W7 Foxy Lashes mascara in Blackest Black. I feel like my lashes do look very foxy and fluttery whenever I wear this mascara. 


Then the greatest part of anything winter look, the lips! Firstly prepping my lips with some Maybelline Baby Lips to soften my lips and then applying the Primark lip liner in Red. 


Then applying my favourite new lip colour from the Tanya Burr Cosmetics 12 Day Beauty Advent Calendar which is the lipgloss in the shade Berry Pavlova. Which is the most gorgeous glossy red like you guys can see on my lips. 


























And that is my Christmas Day makeup look complete. I am absolutely obsessed with this makeup look, I just love it, it's gorgeously warm toned and festive and I just love wearing it. I'll probably still be wearing throughout January as I'm enjoying these gold eyes and glossy red lips very much. 







































































Well my loves I hope you enjoyed this makeup tutorial and it gave you some inspiration for some makeup to wear on Christmas Day. And, this is completely random but I feel like my hair is looking much darker. It could just be these pictures or the lighting or whatever, but if it has I'm quite liking the look of my dark brown hair fading into a slightly deeper blonde. 

Anyway, not long to go now and I shall see you guys soon for more Blogmas posts! 


Love, 

Katie 





No comments:

Post a Comment