Friday 2 December 2016

Our Christmas Tree | BLOGMAS


Hello my lovelies and welcome to BLOGMAS DAY 2! 


In today's post you guys I am going to be showing you how Emily, Meg, and I set up our Christmas tree. So if you want to see how we transformed our plain green Christmas tree to this beautiful glimmer of light and wonder, then please keep on reading. 


This Christmas tree came from my house as my parents had this one laying around and they didn't want it so they asked me if we'd want it for our house. Of course we said yes and well here we are. Now my dad already mentioned to me that one of the legs was broken which caused the tree to topple over more than once, which is why you can see Emily in this photo laying on the floor holding the tree to keep it up right. 

However, we hit a bit of an issue (three times!). We kept messing up the lights; firstly we tried to pass them to one another and wrap them round the tree, that failed as they just got in a tangled mess. Then we tried wrapping them around the tree without the plug in the wall, that failed as we couldn't see where the lights were actually going. Finally, we decide to coil them and one person individually walk around the tree with the lights and place them. Success, wahey! 

However, then this happened... 


Yes you're seeing this correctly, as we began to wrap the lights around the tree for the third time, the tree toppled over and fell on top of Em. As you can imagine, it was actually hilarious and Meg and I were laughing for about five minutes before we actually lifted the tree off of Em. But once we got it standing up and steady again, we finally got the lights on. These lights are multicoloured and are from B&M, we got so many that we were able to go up and back down the tree, 400 in the box to be precise. Plus, they were only £14.99 down for £29.99!


We finally had the lights on as you can see in this picture above, and then we started on the silver tinsel and the silver beads. Which was easy peasy, apart from the fact Emily was still having to lay on the floor so the tree wouldn't topple over. 



Finally, we began to decorate. We went for a plum and silver coloured theme for the ball balls as we have a plum throw over our sofa. The plum coloured ball balls all came from a pack of 24 and we decided to get two packs so we'd have 48 ball balls in total (we used all of them). Both packs were £1.99 each but as we got two, there was a deal on that if you bought two they'd be £3.00 so we decided it'd be a better deal to get two. 

The silver decorations, I have no idea where we got these from as they are the ones from my house at home, my parents and I used to have a silver and blue living room so we used to have a silver and blue themed Christmas tree but as we've changed the living room since then; we don't use them anymore. But we keep them around just in case we need them for anything. And the silver decorations came in very handy for this!




Again, the tinsel was also from home so I have no idea where it came from. 

Well guys I hope you enjoyed seeing how we've set up our tree for Christmas this year. Sorry this post isn't very long but some of the Blogmas posts will be long and some will be short. 

Anyway, thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed, and I shall see you all tomorrow!

Love,
Katie 







No comments:

Post a Comment