Saturday 1 September 2018

BLOGTEMBER | Reasons to Fall in Love with Autumn



 Hello my lovelies and welcome to the first day of Blogtember! As if my favourite months and seasons are upon us. I feel like 2018 has gone quicker than any other year and we all know that as soon as September hits it is basically Christmas. Better start planning the Blogmas posts now (spoiler!) 

So if you guys have been following my blog for a while then you'll know that last year I did Blogust and Blogmas. If you have no idea what that means it basically stands for blogging everyday for a whole month. So each day of the month you will see a new blog post from me (hopefully). Last year Blogust went really well and you guys really enjoyed it and more importantly I really enjoyed it. So this year I decided I wanted to do another month of blogging but I didn't want to do a summer month again or a month too close to December as I love doing Blogmas too much. So I've opted for September. I feel like a lot of people don't like September, the same way they don't really like January as it's a month where "nothing exciting happens" compared to say Halloween in October, Bonfire night in November, and then obviously Christmas in December etc. 

The only exciting event in September for most young people and teenagers is going back to school and I know most of you probably don't class that as exciting. I know I certainly didn't when I was at school. But for the last three years I've been so excited for September to roll around because it has been the month of going back to uni, finally seeing my best friends again, going out every night, freshers week, going back to Drama Society, getting stuck back into my course, going out for coffees with my girls every day, curling up on the sofa each night together, and just living our independent lives together again. So as you can imagine I'm absolutely gutted that this year I wont get to relive all that again. If you're going back to uni honestly appreciate each moment you have there a lot more because it goes so fast and life after uni is already so hard. But anyway, that's a whole other kind of post for another day. So yeah, over the past few years September has become one of my favourite months as for me it's one of those months where I kind of rejuvenate. Does anyone else get what I mean? As were on the cusp of a new season, a whole new vibe comes out and like you feel a change. I feel like I refocus my mind at the start of each season, so like I get bursts of inspiration and refocus at the start of autumn and then at the start of spring. Anyone else experience that or just me? 

So I've known for a while I've wanted to do Blogtember but had no posts planned or had really even thought about it until like last week and now I've got so many awesome posts planned and ideas to share with you guys. You guys know how much I love autumn so I figured for the very first post of the month I would tell you the reasons why and for all of you who prefer the warmer weather, it might put you in the mood for the cooler season ahead. 



Speaking of the term cooler, one of my favourite things about autumn is cooler air. I don't do well with heat or humidity, I just can't stand it which is one of the reasons why summer is not my favourite. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. If you live in the UK then you'll know that we don't get that nice hot air like you would in Spain for example. We get that horrible thick muggy air 99.9% of the time which makes you sweat in places you didn't know you could. So the minute that cooler air of 15 degrees rolls around I really am living my best life. It's cool enough to wear a jumper without overheating and you get that cool crisp air early in the morning. 



We've been on this blog for five years this December (where has the time gone my lovelies?!) and if you don't know my love for jumpers, scarfs, boots, chunky kit cardigans etc then you've evidently not been paying attention for the past five years (it's fine, it only hurts a bit). 

It is genuinely something I get excited for every single year. The anticipation for autumn to arrive is like an adrenaline rush. I feel my happiest in a cosy jumper and boots. I've already started buying more despite putting my thickest ones away until it gets super cold. One thing autumn is great for; it's cold enough to wear a jumper but not always cold enough to wear a coat which I love because I love showing off my cosy wear as much as possible before it's arctic weather out there.  




All of the best warm tone and rich shades creep back through as we transition to the colder days and darker nights. Deep reds, maroon, burgundy, forest green, golds, black, dark purple, mustard yellow (absolute fave right now), copper, browns etc. These colours within clothes, homeware, makeup, accessories etc - I just love it all. Autumnal makeup is my favourite; rich browns, coppers, deep reds, golds all look the best on my eyes I feel. And don't even get me started on the lipstick and nail polish shades. Bring it all on! 



Obviously you can have a hot drink whenever you want but when the weather is cooler outside I'm more inclined to have a latte, cappuccino, mocha, or hot chocolate compared to my beloved iced latte. Nothing for me beats a hot chocolate with cream and chocolate dusted on the top when it's cold outside (anyone remember the days when I hated hot drinks, especially hot chocolate? Lol, who dis girl now?) 



Once again you can burn candles at any time of the year but there's something special about having a hot drink curled up in warm clothes with a throw on when it's cold outside and having a candle burn. Maybe it's because my favourite candles are warm scented. Things like cinnamon, pine, any kind of spiced scent, spiced apples, gingerbread etc. My favourite candle I've ever used is warm winter hug from Glade which is spiced apple scented. I can't wait to repurchase that, what's your favourite autumn/winter candle? 


It is magical to watch the world change; as it gets cooler the leaves begin to brown and deepen in colour and eventually fall off the trees to colour our paths and parks with colourful leaf piles. Acorns and pine cones begin to fall, that crisp cool air first thing in the morning with bright sunshine, misty skies, pumpkins begin to grow ready for Halloween, the ground begins to harden, we change from shorts and crop tops to jeans and jumpers and jackets. From September on wards everything just gets better. 



It has been way too hot to wear anything but shorts and a top in bed at the very least which is fine as I have loads of pairs that I love. But nothing beats wearing long length pyjamas/ lounge wear as it goes from hot to cold. Especially when you can actually get into bed and feel content with the warmth under the sheets. I honestly cannot wait. 


Well that's that guys, we made it through the first post of Blogtember (cheering, confetti canons, champagne flutes clink). This month is honestly so exciting, I've got so many different posts planned but they're all things I really love and want to share with you guys. So I hope you're as excited as I am for this month of blogging together .

 Follow me on all of my social media so you can keep up to date with everything I am doing! You can follow me on Twitter @katielouj0hnson, Instagram @katiej0hnson, Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson

I will see you tomorrow.

Love,

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment