Wednesday 19 September 2018

BLOGTEMBER | AUTUMNAL TRY ON HAUL: Newlook, Asda, Next, and Primark!


Hello my lovelies and finally welcome back to another post in Blogtember. I am very sorry that Blogtember has been a little bit of a fail. If I'm honest I think trying to blog every single day for this month and working on BORN TO BE (cheeky plug, but if you've not checked out the first post in the series click here) was a bit too ambitious, even for me. I've found that even though I have done all of the research and I've got all the media content etc, I'm still finding the actual physical typing of the posts take a lot of time to complete because I want it to be as effective for the readers as possible. So for the rest of September I'm going to try my best to do as many Blogtember posts as I can and the ideas I don't manage to get up for Blogtember I will just upload through October. 

So anyway, if you guys follow me on Instagram, if not you should (@katiej0hnson), then you might remember me banging on about this haul I was gonna do and well you can judge by the title that it's finally arrived. I decided to wait out for a bit because I felt like what I had originally purchased wasn't enough for a try on haul and I knew I'd be buying more clothes because there's so many nice bits out for autumn at the minute. 


























The mustard and yellow obsession (you'll see throughout this haul) continues for me as we start with 
this gorgeous oversized knit jumper with a bit of a roll neck. 

This jumper is honestly so comfortable and soft, the sleeves are nice and long but you can easily roll them up for a bit of a different vibe, I love the slouchy roll neck on this. I usually really hate when roll necks are so fitted to the point you feel like you can't breath but this one is perfectly comfortable. 



I got this in a size 20; as you can see it sits just below my stomach which is nice as it's not overly long but it's not cropped. It's also not tight around the cut of the hem which means it's nice and loose and carefree to wear. I'm so excited to pair this with leggings like you see here or a pair of jeggings with boots or easy slip on shoes. This colour just screams autumn and I can't wait to wear this out when it's that crisp cool air but it isn't cold enough to wear a coat yet. This little gem was from Primark and was £10.00! I also think they have other colours in this as well. 


























We may as well continue as we mean to go on with the yellow theme. I got another slouchy jumper but this time it's not knitted, just standard cotton. However this has got a bit of fleecing inside so it's another one where I'm going to be super cosy and warm. The sleeves are once again really big and roomy and I love the 'Hello Yellow' writing on the front in this pinky red shade. I think the colours compliment one another really nicely. Like the last one, it again sits just below my stomach and the cut of them hem again makes it nice and loose and comfortable. This material is actually really heavy but in a good way of it feels like it will last for a long time and will keep you warm throughout the really cold weather we get here in the UK. This is actually a size 22 - I just preferred the more oversized fit compared to the size 20. I've already worn this out before and I wore it with denim jeggings and some slip on yellow sandals (yes I was that person) but in the colder months I'd probably wear just some standard slip on shoes or boots. 

This was from Next and was £22.00 



























Yellow strikes again, shocker. 

This little top I am actually obsessed with because it's so easy to wear. It's really soft and again is a slouchy fit; in gold writing it has 'Je'taime' across the front which gives it a little extra detail which I like. I actually love the tie front of this which is suprising as sometimes I find them to be too tight and fitted when they're right at the front and on my body I personally don't find that very flattering. But I think having it on the side gives it something a little bit different that your eye catches. I also like that the sleeves are a little bit longer than your average these days. 


























I got this from New Look in a size 18 as this was in their standard range. As you can see it's again another slouchy fit and slightly oversized. It's a little bit cropped but it sits on my stomach comfortably for me to feel like I can wear this with jeggings or leggings without the shape of my stomach being fully exposed through my clothes. It is a little bit see through because the material is so thin however it's nothing to be worried about when you go out. I wore this the other week just like this and wore a denim jacket and some easy slip on shoes. This is a great top for our weather here at the moment in the UK because it's dull and cloudy but it's still quite humid. Today as I'm typing this it's 22 degrees but the sky is completely overcast. So this is great for days like this where you feel warm but you don't feel appropriate to go out in a vest top and shorts etc.

This was actually in the sale for only £4.00! 



























To conclude our yellow obsession we have this tie front shirt/ blouse. I really struggle with shirts because they never fit me right. They're usually too fitted around my stomach which I really don't like and then they're too loose at the top. Or the actual fit of them makes me look boxy and I'm personally not into that style. So I honestly didn't expect much from this piece but I was pleasantly surprised. 



























This actually fits quite nicely. As you can see it's just your standard button down shirt/ blouse with a little pocket with mid length up-turned sleeves but it's got a tie front which makes it much more casual than your standard shirt. I really like the pattern; yellow and white stripes down the front. 

It's a little bit shorter in length than your everyday shirt because of the tie front but it sits really comfortably on my hips without being too tight or fitted. It's again a little bit see through but nothing too much that you couldn't comfortably wear it out. I would most likely wear this with blue wash denim jeggings and slip on shoes or lace ups. 

Again this is from New Look so I got this in a size 18 and it was £17.99 or £19.99 I think. 




Now when this trend came out of the stripes down the sides of leggings, trousers, jeans etc I was never really that bothered by it. But I saw these in New Look's sale (we all know how manic that has been throughout the summer) and I decided to just try them on and see what they're like because you never know until you try and I think it's pretty evident that I really like them otherwise I wouldn't have bought them. 






These are in a size 18 and I was surprised that these did fit because I tend to go for size 20 in leggings. But as you can see they're just jet black and they're not see through which is fantastic. There's nothing worse than super see through leggings; with these thick coloured stripes down the sides of the legs. 

One thing that is really interesting about these is where the stripe down the side of your leg is, it almost gives this like slimming effect. You can see it better in real life than on these pictures but it's just really weird but I think it is to do with how thick the strip of colour is. It might just be how it fits to my body but some how they make my legs and hips appear more slim-curvy than they actually are. 

These were £6.99 each and they were originally £12.99 each. So I got two for the price of one, bargain!



























I am obsessed with New Look's new autumn range this year. I am pretty much in love with everything in there. So much so that I'm gonna share a New Look wishlist with you all. But I tried this exact outfit on when I was with Chloe a couple weeks ago and I fell in love with it. I just love this pattern of leopard print on these trousers because the background colour is kind of a soft creamy shade with hints of yellow in with your classic black leopard print spot shapes. I just thought it was a bit different to your classic dark brown/ orange leopard print colours. As you can see they're kind of culotte style whilst still being fitted from the knee upwards. 



























Although these are fitted and hug my legs and hips which I think you can tell on these two images. These are not tight at all, they fit really nicely, they're kind of like crepe/ crape material but much thicker, and they have an elasticated waist which we all know is the key. If it ain't comfy I ain't buying it. I'm also really happy that they don't have a tie at the front of these trousers because when they do I feel like I'm forced to wear a crop top or something I have to tuck in because of the tie front detail. So I'm glad I still have the tie front detail but on this top instead. 



























This top is honestly so soft and so comfy. I adore this brick brown/ red shade for autumn and I know I'm gonna get so much wear out of this because I could easily wear this top with patterned trousers or jeggings or leggings etc. This top isn't cropped, it's just a normal length top which is an actual miracle in our day and age. The tie front is really loose which I like as it means it's not really tight and it's a nice slouchy fit. I love the sleeves, I love the neckline. I might have to consider buying some more of these in this style as I've seen recently that New Look have released quite a few of these in different colours and patterns. 

This top was £15.99 and the trousers were £19.99. 



























Again when I went shopping with Chloe, when I actually wore these trousers out, we went into New Look again because we've got a serious problem. I saw this top that is half a cropped cardigan kind of style but it is not as thick as a cardigan. As you can see it's 3/4 length sleeves with a v neck and buttons going down the front like a normal cardigan or shirt/blouse. You can't really tell in these two images but the texture is kind of ribbed but the material isn't very soft. It's a little bit rougher to touch however wearing it, it is not itchy or uncomfortable. 




























This material is a little bit thin but again nothing to feel too worried or self-conscious about. The main reason I wanted to get this was because I thought it would be a good staple piece to have as we transition to autumn when it's too cold to wear short sleeves or no sleeves at all but it's too hot to even wear your thinner jumpers with long sleeves. So I think this will be a happy medium for me and because it's black it will go with a lot of my autumnal wardrobe. And of course you could just undo the buttons and wear this as a normal 3/4 length sleeve cardigan if you felt like it.

This is also from New Look's standard range so I got this in a size 18 and it's slightly more fitted than the brown/red tie front top but it's not tight. I've still got room in there to breath and as you can see it is slightly cropped as it sits on the middle of my stomach (where my belly button is). But when I tried this on with these trousers I actually really liked it together for when I just want to wear these casually with a black top that I know is gonna together. As I do have days when I'll wear whatever I like and feel confident - bold colours, patterns, you name it. But I also have days when I want to feel neutral with the bold patterns. So like with these two pieces here. 

So I'm really excited to wear this and see all the different things in my wardrobe I can make it work with. It's definitely going to be a great staple I think. This top was £19.99 I think. 



























The final item from New Look is this bandot crop top with caramel coloured stripes and the actual top it's kind of an off white colour. It's got fabric buttons down the front which is a really nice detail and has an elasticated stretchy band under the bust as well as across the shoulders. Now I wont lie, this is not usually my style. Yes I do wear crop tops more often now than I used to but I've never worn one that is this short. With crop tops like this I have to wear something highwaisted because I can't deal with having my whole stomach out.


























I would have to wear this with a skirt like I am here or with a pair of loose fitted shorts because even trousers for me are sometimes too fitted on the shape of my stomach for me to feel confident enough to wear a crop top with a pair of jeggings, leggings, or trousers etc. Anything where there is no coverage on my stomach, e.g. a tie front or something like tassel detailing etc, makes me feel self conscious the majority of the time which makes me less confident as a whole. Wow that was long-winded. 


But despite all that I still bought it. I think the overall cut of the top is really flattering and feminine which I love. The elastic waist band makes it pretty comfortable and you've still got room for your boobs to sit comfortably. I personally can't wear crop tops or any tops or any dresses etc for that matter without a bra. I just don't feel comfortable going out and knowing my boobs are not supported and I just don't like the feeling of it personally. So it's always important for me that I am still able to wear a bra in a crop top. Especially because some of them can be quite tight as I know many people go out in just a crop top with no bra and obviously you need to be confident enough to know your whole boobs aren't gonna fall out if there's too much room in there. 

I'm trying to work out if this top goes with this skirt or not. Lovelies let me know what you think in the comments about this combo together. I think the colours go as this off white shade is also within the skirt but I'm just unsure if the patterns clash or not? 

I got this in a size 18 and this was only £6.00 in the sale. 


























As you've already seen the skirt, we might as well now talk about the skirt. If you guys saw my IG story the other day then you will have seen me put a picture of this up with a bunch of other skirts asking you to try and guess which one I purchased and well now you know. You should all know by now that I was obviously going to pick this one because it's floral, I adore my floral patterns so very much. But in particular what I liked about this one was the muted tones of colour because it makes the design feel a bit vintage. 



So originally I tried this skirt on with the black cropped cardigan I showed you earlier because I thought it would look really good together, mainly because I though the cardigan was going to sit higher up than it actually did. So imagined wearing it without tucking it into the skirt but it just didn't look right so I decided to change it to this top which is what I wore on the day of taking all of these outfit photos and I actually prefer it a lot more. The khaki top really compliments the bursts of khaki in the skirt and I think it just looks really good together.

I love skirts, they make me feel really feminine and really girly, however sometimes they can come up quite short and I'm not going to lie this one is quite short. Maybe a little bit shorter than I would normally go for but I just love the design and how the skater style looks on my figure. The main reason it comes up a bit short is one because I'm tall, I'm 5'11 so anything that is a skirt or a dress always runs that risk. And two because I've got big curvy hips and a big bum for this to sit comfortably over. I got this in a size 20 and it does cover my bum but only just, but I figured if I wear really thick tights or even leggings (maybe) then it should be fine. I'd wear this as it is in this photo but just put some tights or leggings on and wear some slip on shoes or boots. 

This is actually from George at Asda and it was only £10.00! Oh and for anyone interested, this top is also from New Look but I've had it for a good few years now. 




And we have our final item in this haul, possibly my favourite item in this haul. You all know how much I love a jumper. When you think of me as a piece of clothing it's an over sized jumper isn't it? This is also from George at Asda and honestly Asda as a clothing brand are so underrated. They have such gorgeous pieces for great prices and they actually fit how they should fit. So, I purchased a couple of jumpers last year from Asda which I loved and I still love now and they were like almost velvety but much softer and they don't have that weird gritty pulling feeling when you touch them unlike velvet. They had another one in this year in that same material but in a pattern like this one with white, burgundy pink, and purple. But I have a lot of pink and purple things so I decided to go with this one as I don't have anything like this in my wardrobe. 


























This is in a size 20 and you can just see how cosy and comfy and over sized this is. I think this is cable knit style which makes it really chunky. I love these block colours together, they compliment one another so nicely because they're more on the pastel side of things. I love wearing colours like this in the winter as I associated soft cool colours with snow and the feeling of cold etc. Also whenever I wear blue coloured clothes people always compliment me and say it goes really well with my skin tone. 



























The fit of this jumper is honestly just perfect, completely what I look for in an oversized jumper. It's loose, it's cosy, it's comfy, it's soft, it's easy to wear. Throw on with a pair of jeans or leggings, some cute slip on shoes or boots and I'm good to go out the door and get on with my day. 

I actually wore this the other day when I met Chloe but I originally was going to wear that floral skirt, black cropped cardigan, tights, and my black slip on shoes but I wasn't feeling it. And on those days when I'm not feeling it in any of my outfits that I put together in my head. It's important that I have pieces that I know always work together and make me feel good when I'm hating every piece in my wardrobe. I'm gonna address this more in the upcoming instalment of BORN TO BE (cheeky spoiler for you all) because it's a serious issue I've been dealing with a lot recently. I also want to do a post where I share my go-to outfits on those days when I'm hating everything in my wardrobe and I've got somewhere I need to be. 

As you can see it goes past my stomach comfortably and isn't tight fitting in any way. I'd pair this with leggings like these or jeggings like the other day when I met up with Chloe. With some boots or lace ups, slip on shoes etc. 

I got this for only £14.00, such a bargain price for a jumper of this quality. 


Well my lovelies that is everything in this haul. I hope you enjoyed and you saw some bits and bobs you liked. Let me know down below if you've been adding to your autumnal wardrobes yet. I'm gonna do my best to get as many posts up for you guys as I can for the next 11 days to make Blogtember semi worth it. 


 But you guys should definitely follow me on all of my social media if you don't already. I'm always posting things and getting up to bits and bobs on my IG story. 

You can follow me on Twitter @katielouj0hnson, Instagram @katiej0hnson, Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson

Thank you all for reading and I'll hopefully see you tomorrow. 


Love,

Katie






No comments:

Post a Comment