Friday 7 September 2018

BLOGTEMBER | Get a Smooth on with Soap & Glory



Hello my lovelies, Happy Friday! Welcome to Blogtember day 7. As if it's pretty much been a week already. I hope you guys have been enjoying the posts this week and don't you worry, I've got so many more exciting ones to come! 


So what is today's post? I'm sure you've gathered by the title that today's post is all about Soap & Glory but before we dive into that we gotta rewind a little bit. 

Recently I've been having a lot of pamper nights because I've got so many products just sitting in my cupboards and I was gifted loads of lovely products for my birthday etc. The majority of them are for the bath and whilst I was in Chester I didn't have a bath so unfortunately I couldn't use half of them. But now that I've moved home I do have a bath (not going to lie, probably one of the best things about moving back home) which means I've finally been able to use all of these products. So I was debating on creating like a pamper night with me post which I can still do if you guys want to see that. But I thought to myself, why don't I just do a mini series of first impressions every Friday of this month. So every Friday in September you can expect a new impression of a product I've tried recently. 

I was kindly gifted the Soap and Glory set for my birthday from my friend Chloe which included products all related around The Righteous Butter which is by far one of Soap & Glory's most iconic scents and they have so many products which have this scent in. But today I'm going to be sharing my first impressions on this product... 


The Righteous Butter Creamy Body Wash. 

So this product claims to be a 3 in 1 system that cleanses, shaves, and moisturises your skin, which includes over 25% of natural oils and butters. Packed with skin-adoring shea butter, cocoa butter, sweet almond, grapeseed, and macadamia oils, and Vitamin E. So in a nutshell it's a really good product for apply moisture to your skin; your skin relies on moisture to retain it's elasticity and keep it looking healthy which is why you should use moisturisers with shea butter or cocoa butter in. Tick number one for this product. 

The sweet almond, grapeseed and macadamia oils can all be found in Vitamin E. These oils work to keep your skin cells healthy, protect your skin from UV radiation damage, help your skin look soft and free from fine lines, strengthen the skin, and because these oils and Vitamin E are fully of fatty acids they retain the moisture in your skin and can help to heal chapped, dry, and irritated skin. So these ingredients do a lot for you, probably more than we realise which is why we should use them as often as we can. 

So this product has got all that in one which is brilliant but it's also got everything else in one as it claims to cleanse, shave, and moisturise your skin too. Which is also brilliant as it means you don't have to buy a cleanser, a shaving foam, a moisturiser, a body wash because it's got it all in one product. So technically it's got 4 in 1 which is even better! 



























I haven't tested this as a body wash as I reckon it would work better in the shower than in the bath. So I'm sharing my thoughts on this as a shaving foam as that is one of the things this product is branded for. It even says 'amazing for shaving' on the bottle. 

So first things first, you get a lot of product in this bottle which is great especially if you're using this for all 4 purposes. Which also means this would be great for travelling as you've got all the important things when it comes to hygiene in one bottle. 

It smells amazing, like I don't really fully know how to describe it to you. It definitely smells buttery but it's not too rich or too much. For me, sometimes things with cocoa butter in can be too much scent wise as cocoa is so rich which is annoying as it's so good for your skin. But with the balance of the shea butter and the other oils it means the scent is quite neutral but you've still got all of the nourishing affects of the butter and oils. 





You only need a medium squeeze of this when it comes to using it for shaving. This amount will cover one whole leg. As you can see this looks quite thick but when you lather it into your skin it goes quite light and thin. Also as a little tip, do not put it on when your legs are completely wet because it just slides right off due to how buttery it is. So wait until your legs are damp and then lather it on and if it feels too thick or too heavy then add a light amount of water, literally a sprinkle, to the product whilst lathering it over your legs. I find that is the best way to get the best results. 

As it says on the bottle 'amazing for shaving' and Soap & Glory really ain't lying. This has got to be the easiest product I have ever used to shave my legs. Half the time I find shaving my legs a chore and shaving foams I've used in the past have been too thick and you feel your legs and think they're soft and then the next day literally the rain forest has already grown back out. But with this, it only takes me about 5-7 minutes to shave each leg. It's thin lathered consistency means your razor just glides over your skin, makes it easy to grab every hair, and this almost creates like a barrier between the razor blades and your skin which results in no cuts. 

I'm not ashamed to admit that half the time I've dry shaved my legs because honestly it's quicker and in the past I've been too lazy to do the whole routine. In the last year my legs have gotten so used to dry shaving that I don't get cuts anymore but I do get razor burn. It's only recently where it's hit me how important it is to take care of your whole skin and not just your face and neck etc. All your skin needs TLC and it's really important to look after it. Once you hit 18 years old your skin is already ageing so you've got to take care of it as often as you can. 

So after using it on my legs not only did it shave every hair it also made my legs insanely soft. I personally shave my legs for myself. If I wanna shave them I will and if I don't then I wont, as simple as that. But I personally like to shave them because I feel so much more confident and sexy with smooth soft legs. So to be honest, this product is enough for the shave and moisturise but for the added extra pamper I like to apply The Righteous Butter Body Butter which makes my legs and my entire body extremely soft and gives the appearance of my skin a really healthy soft glow. 


This product has been so great for my legs that recently when I used it again I've used it for other areas of my body that I shave. For example my arm pits, sometimes I shave my arms, I also have to shave under my belly button a little bit, and my bikini line and the pubic hair area. And if you shave down there then you know how much razor burn down there is a big issue. Probably because the skin is so sensitive down there but it's been great for combating that slightly. 

So overall this product has been extremely good and definitely lived up to the standards that it was made for. Every time I shave now I always use this because it is just that good. I 100% would recommend, plus it's only £7.00 in Boots!


I hope you all enjoyed this first post in the mini series for September which is First Impression Friday's. Next week I'll be trying something else out, also bath based, and they've been so popular on Instagram lately. Let me know in the comments if you think you know what it is. 



 Don't forget guys to follow me on all of my social media so you can keep up to date with everything I am doing! You can follow me on Twitter @katielouj0hnson, Instagram @katiej0hnson, Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson

I will see you tomorrow! 


Love,

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment