Sunday 2 September 2018

BLOGTEMBER | Autumn Wishlist



Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all well and welcome to Blogtember day 2! I hope you all enjoyed yesterdays post and it has gotten you in the mood for the season ahead. If you've not managed to catch that post yet then click here

Today I felt like I would share with you what is on my autumn wish list because so many things have been catching my eye lately and bits and bobs I'm on the hunt for as well. 

It's no secret, leopard print is every where right now and I am here for it! Jumpers, tshirts, boots, skirts, coats, bags, hats, you name it - it's got leopard print on it! 

Recently I actually bought a pair of black leggings with a red stripe down the side which I am in love with and you guys will get to see those soon as they're going to be in an upcoming autumnal haul, so stayed tuned for that. But ever since buying them I've just had this vision of how good they would look with a leopard print jumper or top. I don't know why but to me leopard print and red compliment one another so well. I think it's because red is one of the boldest block colours you can wear and leopard print is one of the boldest patterns you can wear and I just think they're a match made in heaven. Also to pair with the same outfit (but obviously I'll wear both these things more than just as one outfit) I really want to get some leopard print boots. I love boots, let's be honest what girl who loves autumn and winter doesn't love boots?

Sometimes though it can be hard for me to find a pair of heeled boots that aren't too high. I'm not insecure when it comes to wearing high heels as I love being tall but during the day I don't always want to be like the Eiffel Tower compared to my friends. I'm 5'11 so I really don't need heels super high in general. But now a days when I go for any heels, whether that's for everyday wear or a night out, they're probably not any taller than 3 or 4 inches. I'm a block heel kinda gal because they're so much comfier than any kind of kitten heel or stiletto you could throw my way. Also because I'm quite tall for a girl I don't personally feel the need to wear stilettos. 

Although the print is everywhere I've actually only seen a jumper and pair of boots that I like in New Look, which is the ones you see above. I've not seen this jumper in real life so I'm only judging it based on what I've seen on the website. But it looks like it would be pretty soft but I'm just not sure if it will be that hugging material. I don't mind if it hugs you a little bit but I can't stand when clothes are too clingy. So I really can't judge this until I try it on in real life. The boots I have seen in real life, if you follow my Instagram (@katiej0hnson) then you might've seen me do a little New Look edit showing you guys some of the new bits and pieces they've got in right now for autumn. And I saw these boots in store and they were definitely one of my favourite new releases in general. However I didn't end up trying them on whilst I was browsing around. So when I next pop into New Look I definitely need to try and find this jumper as well as try on these boots. 

Jumper - £24.99 
Boots - £27.99 

I've actually got so many autumnal pieces in my saved items on New Look's website so I might make that into it's own post for Blogtember. Let me know if you guys would wanna see that. 

This next item came out not too long ago and it is Urban Decay's Born to Run palette. I really do love Urban Decay's palettes. I've got 3 (3, Heat, and Smoky) and I love them all dearly and although I don't use them every time I put makeup on, I always go back to them because the quality of the eye shadows is definitely worth the price. I always go back to the Naked 3 in the spring time because I get really into my pinks. My love for the Naked Heat expresses itself in the summer and the transition to autumn because of all of the warm tones and golds. Then when were fully into winter the Naked Smoky creeps its way back in because of all the cool tone browns and greys and silver shades. 

This one to me feels like a mix of everything. You could definitely create a lot of interesting and fun looks all throughout the year with this palette I think. For anyone who predominantly wears more natural eye makeup I don't think this palette would be worth you purchasing because of all of the brighter shimmer shades such as purple, green, and blue. I really love the look of the shades Wanderlust, Smog, Ignite, Big Sky, Drift, and Accelerate - so the more deeper and cooler tones of the palette. 

I normally put Urban Decay palettes on my Christmas list as it feels more acceptable to splash the cash and treat yourself at Christmas. However I don't think I can wait that long to get my hands on this one. I actually really like the name of this palette and the overall design of it. It feels really different from the iconic Naked palettes which Urban Decay are most known for. I love all of the images on the front which do suggest this palette is more aimed at the summer months because of the pictures but I think you could make this work all year round. 

Born to Run - £39.50



May as well continue on the makeup theme, in particular eye shadow palettes (there's quite a few), this one has been out for a while now and it is the Soph X Makeup Revolution Extra Spice. If you don't know who Soph is she is known as 'sophdoesnails' on YouTube and social media and she is honestly one of my favourite makeup YouTuber's. I genuinely enjoy watching her videos. This is actually her second palette with Makeup Revolution and I still don't have my hands on the first one! When she released the first one I liked it but I didn't love it because a lot of the colours in it I already had within other palettes so I think that was why I didn't feel the need to buy it. But since she released this one I'm dying to get my hands on it because look at those shades!

I love the mix of colours from warm to cool because this again makes this palette an all rounder. You could use this in the summer or the winter. The one thing I love about this palette which I think it is something that draws me to it more than her first one is how vibrant and rich all the colours are, even the cooler toned ones. The colours I feel are quite luxurious as these wouldn't be shades you wear every day on your eyes. A lot of these I would wear on a special occasion or night out etc. Plus I love her selection of yellow/ orange shades because I feel like yellows and oranges are quite rare in palettes despite everyone being obsessed with those colours at the moment. I adore all the shades but my favourites are definitely Everyday, Running Late, Vitamin C, Sweet N Sour, Twenty One, Romance, and Aurora. So the majority of shades in the palette basically. 

This'll probably be the one I get my hands on first as I love Soph and the quality of eye shadow is insane for an even more insane price! 

Extra Spice - £10.00 


Another one from Revolution that I'm dying to get my hands on is this palette which is in collaboration with another YouTuber called Imogen. Hence the name Imogenation, I don't actually watch her as I didn't know she was a YouTuber until I found out about this release. One of the stand out points about this palette is the shades in the middle are all transition shades. She deliberately wanted them to be bigger as 9 times out of 10 transition shades are what hit pan first. Which I think is such a good idea, can't believe other brands haven't thought of this already if I'm honest. 

My favourite shades in this one are Butterfly, You Know, Okkkkkk, Baby Girl, Huns, and Trying It. I think I'm also right in saying that the majority of the names of the shadows in this palette are named after the phrases she says which I think is so different and cool. That definitely makes it more personal, especially for her subscribers who probably bought the palette. 

Imogenation - £10.00 


Makeup Revolution have been bringing out palettes with YouTubers left, right, and bloody centre this year. The worst part is I want them all but I don't need them all. Which is fitting for this palette as it's called 'The Wants'.

This one is in collaboration with another YouTuber called Emily, hence the title 'The Emily Edit'. Again she is a YouTuber I do not watch and didn't know existed until this release but as far as I'm aware she is an American YouTuber. She actually created two palettes, this one called 'The Wants' and another one called 'The Needs' which I think is an interesting idea. 'The Needs' are your shades that you are always gonna need for any type of look and 'The Wants' are the shades you wanna try out and play around with but you're not going to wear everyday. As far as I know that was the concept behind this collection, which again I think is really different to any other kind of release I've seen. 

My favourite shades are Hobby, Laugh Cry, Cheer, Grateful, Belle Violet, Capricorn, Corduroy, and Dark and Early. The names are just as unique as the colours in this palette; I love the colour of the packaging and this palette is a bit more expensive than your standard £10.00 one from Revolution but you are getting 24 shades in here. 

The Wants - £15.00 


Just when you thought eye shadow palettes were dominating this wish list you thought wrong because it's time for some fragrance. 

  
I am past the days of wanting to grab all my favourite celebrity perfumes because if I'm being honest, I mostly wanted them for the pretty looking bottles and not the actual fragrance inside. The only celebrity perfumes I have left are my Katy Perry Killer Queen and Killer Queen Royal Revolution because I actually like the fragrances inside and actually still wear them and not just because of the bottles (the bottles are pretty cool though). Kind of want to get the purple bottle which is called Killer Queen Oh So Sheer I think, just to complete the collection. 

But I've moved on to not necessarily designer perfumes but more simplistic perfumes with smells I actually like. I'm mainly into floral perfumes and these two from The Body Shop tick the boxes. 

Swietenia: 'A subtle floral fragrance of Mahogany flower combined with a sparkling breeze of orange flower and bigarade leaf absolutes for delicate freshness. Inspired by floral colognes, this fragrance is an overdose of brightness and effervescence – very outdoorsy, citric and fresh with a rich undertow of gentle flowers. It instantly transports you to the intense humidity of Bangalore, India.' 

Nigritella: 'A luxurious floral fusion of red vanilla orchid, this floral fragrance is enhanced with an opulent hint of tuberose and vanilla for fiery sensuality. This voluptuous oriental fragrance instantly transports you to the heights of the Alps where this living plant blooms.' 

I don't know if I would class these as predominantly female perfumes, yes they're floral but they're not over powering in my opinion so I think these could double up as unisex. There are other scents within the range that are a lot richer than this one but I prefered these two the most out of all the ones I smelt. One thing that does hint that this could be unisex is the bottle as they're simple glass bottles with only the name of the perfume on the front. Nothing too over the top or too fancy which means it'll look great on your mantle piece or shelf (wherever you keep your perfume) and these don't have a particular season attached to them. For example Katy Perry's original Killer Queen is quite a rich heavy scent so I normally don't wear it until winter time. I would normally wear something like that in the evening because of how rich the scent really is. Whereas in the day I prefer something light and airy.   

Swietenia - £24.00 
Nigritella - £24.00 


Continuing with The Body Shop I recently discovered these face mists and I've tried both the Coco Calming and Rose Dewy Glow out in the store and I really quite like them. The calming one is a very light and soft spritz which makes it really refreshing and cooling on your skin. The dewy glow one is a bit more of a fuller spritz but it smells incredible, plus my skin soaks up anything that is rose scented or rose infused. I haven't tested out the energising one but I love citrus scents because they wake me up and I imagine that's the whole point of the energising one as it's mandarin. 

They have other ones of these as well depending on what your skin is in need of but one of the best things about these is the kind lady working in my local Body Shop said that all of the face mists are designed to go over makeup as well. So you can put these on through the day if you need to and it wont make you look like you're a wet dog that got caught in a storm outside. They're a good size for travelling as they're not very big but I love my hydrating spray from Primark and that's got in 100ml or 200ml I think and I go through that so quickly because I spray that thing with and without makeup every day because my skin just loves it. So 60ml really isn't gonna get me very far so I think it would be better if they released these in a slightly bigger size. 

Face Mists - £6.00 each

And my final item is from the lovely Pandora. What twenty something doesn't at least own something or want something from Pandora these days? It is definitely the most popular jewellery store amongst young women and men because of all the interesting bracelet designs to the charms to you can customise them with. One thing that every teen girl or young woman has is definitely a Pandora ring. 

Although I adore Pandora jewellery I don't have a lot of it but I think that makes it all the more special when I find something in there I'd really like to treat myself to. Or when I am kindly gifted something on my birthday or Christmas etc. So I've got two rings, one silver bracelet with seven charms on including clips, and one set of earrings. I was recently given a £50.00 voucher for my birthday from my auntie, uncle, and my cousins which was so nice of them. I never spend vouchers like this straight away, I like to wait and find something I 100% want. I went in recently and saw this daisy band ring which I think is like one of their stacker rings but you can still wear it on its own which I like, and I am just in love with it. I love both the rings I've got now but one of them I don't always want to wear day to day because it's a bit more fancy. So I want to find another one that I can wear day to day as well as in the evening or if I'm going out if I want to and I think I've found that in this ring. 

I'm so in love with this and can't wait to get my hands on is as soon as I can. 

Daisy Band Ring - £70.00 


Let me know in the comments down below what is on your wish list for autumn my lovelies.

 Don't forget to follow me on all of my social media so you can keep up to date with everything I am doing! You can follow me on Twitter @katielouj0hnson, Instagram @katiej0hnson, Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow.

Love,

Katie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment