Friday 7 November 2014

Update and Chit Chat + A Few Monthly Favourites of October!

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well and had an awesome bonfire night on Wednesday. This post is just to update you on what's going on in my life and the big thing that has dominated October and the start of November has been maths as I took my maths re-takes this week. I took the non-calculator on Wednesday, and then the calculator today on Friday. Well, I hope everyone else who has retaken it this month did well, as I really hope I've got my grade C this time round! 

I think overall, both papers went pretty well, I just hope I've done enough to get my C this time! I get my results on the 8th of January and I will update you guys on how I do! But if I do pass which I am praying I do, I am going to most probably faint and frame that certificate because passing maths will be the biggest achievement and deserved grade of my life. I've always struggled with maths, only started to understand it in year 11, so if any of you are finding maths really hard to pass, remember you're not alone! I've worked so hard for this grade in the last 3 weeks and so many people are telling me how much I deserve this, which is really lovely as I am determined to get a C in maths. I just hope I've got 57+ marks as that's what I need in total to pass.

But apart from maths dominating my life, college is going well as my year and I got our summer project monologue grades back yesterday and I am over the moon as I got a Distinction!!! Which is absolutely amazing because it's my first distinction for a performance. I got one for a voice unit which this was but we also had to perform with this one. But my tutor said my monologue was well written because I modernised my character from the basis we were given for it to lead from, I characterised vocally and physically, and because I was so independent after the input she gave me on my characters lisp. But I am so happy because I worked so hard on that monologue and it paid off, I'm hopefully going to achieve near enough distinctions for each unit because I really want to push myself and aim high and the monologue grade has made me hopeful for our contemporary piece unit. 

Speaking of the contemporary unit, today we were given our characters that we're going to be playing. I am playing Governor Phillip who is the leader of the colony in Our Country's Good (which is the play we're doing which is about the first ship of convicts that go over to Australia from England) and I am also playing John Wisehammer who is one of the convicts which is fab as they both have pretty big parts as I'm in 11 scenes spread out across the play.All together that is half of the play as we have 2 acts with 11 scenes in each. I chose Phillip and I got him which is great! I didn't choose John Wisehammer but after doing a read through today with our characters, I am quite liking him. So overall, I am really happy with the two people I am playing! 

Something else big that is happening next Friday actually, is auditions for Hook The Musical which is an original written musical by a new theatre company I've joined. Which is so exciting as I'm going to be in the first ever musical of Hook as it's not been professionally written which is extremely exciting. Auditions are next Friday which means I better get practising, I'm thinking of singing something as Sandy from Grease. 

However guys, I do have a few monthly favourites that I might as well post in here. 



First favourite of October is this gorgeous Aurora princess mug (Sleeping Beauty). I got this when my course and I went to London a few weeks back and we went in the Disney store which was so pretty! There were so many different mugs with princess's on which I wanted to buy them all. But, Aurora is my favourite princess because she is so beautiful and I love pink! I've used this so much for my daily milk at night and they're actually massive! Disney mugs are huge. I could probably fit my Costa iced teas in them if I took it with me to Costa. 





















Speaking of Costa, this has been my biggest favourite of October. I don't know why, but Jess, Heather, and I have just started having Costa like all the time and I am completely obsessed with Costa's iced teas. They are so delicious when you add in 2-4 sugars to make it sweeter. Also, above is Costa's strawberries and cream creamy cooler which is extremely filling and lovely! The cream is the most delicious thing ever. So guys, go and buy some of Costa's cold drinks even if it is cold outside. They're all under £4.00! 



My final favourite has been a favourite for many months, I've just never included it. But for those of you who don't know, this is the Kim Kardashian Hollywood game and I love it! But this month I've been pretty addicted because I got married! The picture above is who I play with and she is called Amber. I love her, I feel like she is my little person I have to look after and keep her happy. I also have Stardom Hollywood where I play with Penelope who I imagine is Amber's younger sister. They both have light brown hair now, but this was Amber on her wedding day and she got married to a fashion designer called Kristoff Hill and her wedding day was pretty lovely but I didn't want her to wear that dress above but we'd had no choice; she got married in Florence. But Penelope is also engaged which is going to be interesting to see what the wedding's will compare like. But I just love the Kim K game and Stardom. 

But everyone, that's it for my mixture of a post today. I hope you guys enjoying reading about my life and what's happening in it etc. But, I'll talk to you all soon as I don't know I'll be posting next. 

Bye for now guys, 

Katie 
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment