Friday 31 October 2014

Striking, Scary, Frightening Dark Angel Makeup Tutorial


Dark Angel/ Dark Swan Makeup Tutorial


Surprise everyone, this is what I am going as for Halloween this year, even though I am just staying at home. But I am a dark angel this year and this is what I currently look like right now (the image above). But I know that for all of you depending on where you are that all the parties and things are going to start in a few hours time and this makeup is going to be a tight squeeze for some of you. But, if you want to know how to get this scary and very dark, dark angel/swan look. Then please keep on reading. 

Step1: 


Prime your face and your eyes and do not apply any foundation because we're pretty much using just black eyeshadow and there will be a lot of fall out as there was for me. 

Take an extremely dark black matte shadow, (mines from MUA's Glamour Nights pallet), on a flat eyeshadow brush and take it all over the lid. Making sure you get right near the root of your lashes because we don't want any skin showing through.

Step 2: 


Next, take the dark black matte shadow again on the same brush and take the shade up over your crease. 

Now, take the dark black matte shade on a fluffy blending brush and blend up above your crease; blend the outer corner creating a round ish shape (you can see in the image above) 

Step 3: 


Now were taking a makeup wipe and making those outer corners more on point (quite literally). So, go from the end of your lash line on your outer corner and gently go up to create a strong line. 

Then gently make it more even and precise along the top of your lid, so just remove and/or add more of the black shadow if you need to. 



Once all of the adding and removing is complete, your eyes should look something like this when you look straight in front of your mirror. 

Step 4: 


We may be dark, scary, and mysterious but that doesn't mean us dark angels can't have a pop of colour. So take a dark shimmery purple shade, (mine is from the MUA Glamour Nights pallet and Makeup Revolutions Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection pallet), and just use your brush and your finger to pack that colour in the middle of your eyelid. 

Step 5: 


Then apply your base and you currently should look like this. Do not worry about any fall out for the next few steps because, well, you'll find out why next.  

Step 6: 


Now for the extremely fun part, creating the wings. So, take an extremely small brush that will define shapes easily. I had to use my lip brush for this because it was the only brush I had the had the least hairs. 

But, take your small brush with the dark black matte shade and create small wisps in different directions to create a small feather effect. 

Step 7: 


Then I did basically the same step as before but took the black shade lower and fluffed it out a bit more in different directions. I also fluffed it out along the point from our outer corner and make sure you do this because it ties the whole look together. 

Step 8: 


Then do the same but take it a little darker to show different dimensions and shades of your dark angel wings/swan feathers. 

Step 9: 

Take the purple we applied to our lid earlier and run it along the lower lash line. 

Step 10: 


At this point your eyes are complete and you should have something like this on each eye. 

Step 11: 



Then apply your mascara. I used Maybelline's The Falsies and Lash Extreme Volumising mascara. I would definitely suggest applying false lashes to give the illusion of wings and/or feathers if your taking this a dark swan look. Unfortunately I didn't have any and I can't wear them because of my glasses. But if you can get your hands on some I definitely would use them. 

Step 12: 



Then guys were taking a lighter black shade to contour the hollows of our cheeks with. Now, we very careful with this because I applied the colour a little too much and it was very black and I had to try hard to fade it out and it didn't work that much. So, when your apply the contour colour start of lightly and do not get too much colour on your brush, or else, it will be way too black. 

Step 13: 


Were taking the matte black we used earlier and are applying it all over our lips. Now, don't worry too much about the middle bit, just mainly focus on getting the outline shape of our lips in the black. 

Step 14: 


 Remove the middle black part with a makeup wipe as eyeshadow can make your lips extremely dry. 

Step 15: 


Then take a dark purple lipstick, mine was Sleek's Smother. Then over the top I applied the matte black again so there would be so moisture underneath the lip in the middle section. Also, so dark purple would poke through the black to match the eyes. 

Step 16: 








 Guys, this the finished look! I absolutely love it, it is my first dark angel look and I think it represents it really well. I love how intense the eyes are because of the feathered wings underneath my eyes etc. I just think the eyes look awesome. It'd be also cool if you could wear it with white or black contacts to make it extra dark and creepy. Also how the inner corners link with the under eye parts; it all flows together seamlessly. 

Anyway guys, thank you for reading if you did and I hope this dark angel and my previous vampire makeup tutorial inspired you for your Halloween party tonight. Even though I am doing nothing, I feel like having makeup for the occasion or a costume still makes you get into the Halloween spirit. I think this post is a good way to round off October and thank you all for still supporting my blog! 

Happy Halloween everyone and I'll talk to you soon!

Bye,

Katie 
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment