Sunday 26 October 2014

Seasonal Series: Autumn Leaves Inspired Makeup


Hello everyone, I hope you're all well and are very happy that it's half term. I am happy that it's half term, but I've got a lot of revision to do for my maths exam re-takes on the 5th and 7th of November. So I'm not really gonna have much free time. But when I am not doing maths I am going to be putting my time into you guys and the blog because I've been so bad with it during October because of all the maths revision I've been doing. 

But, this title is what it seems. I've decided to start Seasonal Series which means I will do an inspired makeup look for each season. So for this crisp season that is autumn, I decided to base this one on autumn leaves and you can get many kinds of autumn leaves. So I've decided to do 2 looks. This first one is based on the more pink/plum shades of autumn leaves. Then the next one is going to be the really light golden yellow shades. 

So everyone, just a little heads up. I swapped around my eyes and my base because I was using a lot of eyeshadows and this look to a lot of blending. However, because they eyeshadow pallet I used is so amazing, there was hardly any fall out. But the pallet I used is by my new favourite makeup brand and I am desperate to try more of their makeup. And that is Makeup Revolution and the pallet I am using is their Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection. Here is the link to buy it in Superdrug: http://www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-144-Eyeshadow-Collection/p/270841#.VE1ppPl_uw0

and to Makeup Revolution's website: http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/


Step 1: 


Please ignore my awful skin, it's not doing too amazingly right now. But first, I applied my primer all over my face and then this really light pearly pinky shade on my inner corners and I applied this on a flat eyeshadow brush. (row 5 in the pallet - shade 1) 

Step 2: 


Then I took a pinky toned brown/light plum shade and applied it into the middle of my eyelid; (row 5 in the pallet - shade 2) I blended it in with the pink by gently rubbing in the middle between both for it to flow really nicely as leaf colours flow into one another. So all you do is your take your flat eyeshadow brush and put a colour on each side. Then you blend them both together where they meet in the middle mixing both colours on your brush onto your lid. 

Step 3: 


Now, do not panic about this because I clean up the shape later. But I applied a matte plum shade on the outer half of the lid on a flat eyeshadow brush and took it up over the crease. I then blended it to smooth out the edges with a blending brush. (row 6 in the pallet - shade 5). 

Step 4: 

  
I then applied a gorgeous plum shimmer shade over the plum matte shade on the outer part of the lid with a flat eyeshadow brush. (row 6 in the pallet - shade 9).


Step 5: 


Next I just went back in with my flat eyeshadow brush and all of the shimmery shades and just went over them to intensify the colour and really blend the light plum brown shimmer shade with the plum shimmer shade. 

Step 6: 


I ran some of the matte plum shade along my lower lash line and smudged it out. Then I took a makeup wipe and cleaned up the edges and made them neater; along with a lot more wearable. 

Step 7: 



Next I applied my base: foundation, powder and eyebrows. If you guys would like me to to an in detail post about how I do my foundation base etc. Let me know in the comments or on my instagram. But after I applied my base I applied my two mascaras: Lash Extreme Volumising mascara and Maybelline's The Falsies. 

Step 8: 



Finally, I applied some of MUA's highlighter on my chin, the highest points of my cheeks, my cupids bow, the tip of my nose and the bridge of my nose, and my forehead. 

Then I applied my lipstick which is Sleek's Smother; a dark plum purple shade. I made sure the darkest part was in the middle of my lips and it faded out into more of a plum to represent the deepest colour in the middle like some leaves have. 

Then I just took out my plaits and pinned back some parts of my hair. And then this is the finished look! 

I absolutely love this look because it is extremely fall like but it doesn't have to just be as a seasonal inspired makeup tutorial. You could wear this to a formal event, a party, on a date etc. Now, obviously this look is pretty dramatic and it wont be for everyone, which is why I am doing another one which is not as dramatic colour wise. 

But, I hope you all enjoyed my take on purple autumn leaves and like the fact I am doing a makeup seasonal series. If you do, let me know in the comments below and leave me some other seasonal looks you'd like to see for autumn/winter time. Obviously in winter I am going to be doing a snow/ice inspired makeup look, but if there's any others you guys would like me to do. Please let me know down below! 

Thank you all so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon! 

Bye for now, 

Katie 
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment