Saturday 18 October 2014

Black and Blue Toned Silver Party Look!


Hello everyone, I hope you're all well, and welcome back to my blog! Today as the title suggests, I have a party makeup tutorial for you as some of you have asked me to do a party look, so here it is! 

Step 1 


Apply your base as your normally would: 

- NYC Perfecting Primer
- Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25 HR Nude Collection - Light Porcelain (applied with a beauty blender and I used two coats as it's medium coverage) 
- Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory (applied with a beauty blender - desperately need a new concealer as it is too dark for this foundation!) 
- Rimmel London's Stay Matte Powder in Translucent 
- Rimmel London's Brow Pencil in Dark Brown 

Step 2


Firstly, take a light matte black on a fluffy brush and gently go back and forth above your crease. Be extremely careful when applying black eyeshadow because it is hard to correct if it goes wrong, and if you press to hard or go in with it too viscously it won't look right. So with black, just be careful. 

Step 3 


Next on a flat eyeshadow brush I took a silver and applied this all over my lid. I also used to finger to press on some colour to get a stronger silver coming through. 

Step 4 


Thirdly, I took a matte silver/grey colour and applied it to the area in between the black and silver shade across the middle of the lid (image in step 2). I applied this on a smaller eyeshadow brush which is shorter and more precise to pack that colour into the gap. 

Step 5 


Then I applied more of the silver shade that I applied in step 3 with the eyeshadow brush and my finger. I also took my blending brush again with the light matte black shade and linked it up to the outer corner of my eye. 

Step 6 

 
This step, which is my favourite step. I took my smaller eyeshadow brush again to get a more defined shape of the black above my crease and to get a darker colour - ultimate daring smokey eye. So what I did was I took a darker black and went over the lighter black and I linked it to the bottom lash line by smudging it along. 
As you can see, I also made the outer corner link to the bottom lashline by making it thicker and winged out in a V at the end. 

Step 7 


Then I cleaned up the edges and sorted out the black lines at the top and connected both into the silver shade. 

As this is a blue toned eye look. I found a Cinderella light blue glitter shade in the pallet and applied this over the silver lightly to give a nice mix of both shades.

I also took the black on the smaller eyeshadow brush again and defined the shape of the silvery blue shade into more of a mini V shape to match the black V.  

Step 8 


Finally for the eyes, apply your favourite mascara, mine is Lash Extreme Volumising mascara with Maybelline's The Falsies on the top. And then your eyes should look something like this! This look is all about blending and making the colours flow as if it wasn't blended it'd look awful. 

Step 9 



Finally I added a neutral lipgloss colour and took my plaits out and then this is the finished look! I decided to not add any real colour on lips because there is so much going on with the eyes that the lips were not needed for this look. 

I also decided to keep my face pale because I felt like it looked nicer without a blush as it was a really silvery blue and I don't think the blushes I have would've looked right. I also didn't apply highligher - I could've done but when I was doing this look it was before I went out today, so I didn't have time to add any. 

Thank you everyone so much for reading! I hope you liked my take on a party look, obviously there are so many different things you can do with black eyeshadow as it goes with every colour. If you wanted to change it up you could just change the silvery blue to whatever colour scheme you're going for, for the party or the reason why you want to wear this makeup look. 

But anyway, I will being doing some more posts soon as I don't know what is next on my list to post. But until then, bye for now and speak to you soon! 

Katie 
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment