Tuesday 7 October 2014

September Favourites 2014!

September Favourites! 

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog, I hope you're all well and are enjoy the crisp cold weather. I have been loving that autumn is finally here, I can now wear all my beautiful jumpers and cosy boots, which will most likely be in my October Favourites! But here are my current favourites for September... (ps, ignore the iPad shadows on my photos, haha) 

1. Lady Gaga - Fame


I got this 15ml bottle of Fame by Lady Gaga free with a purchase I made a little while ago at Boots and it is so beautiful. Even though it sprays out black, which I think is really unique, it smells quite light but at the same time it has a strong scent, but it's not overpowering. I love the bottle as I do not have a bottle like it at all in my celebrity perfume collection and I really think everyone should buy this or put it on your Christmas list. 

2. Alien - Theirry Mugler 


I also received this as a free gift in a mini set of designer perfume from Boots. I am absolutely in love with this perfume. I think I am going to buy the perfume in the full size bottle when this runs out or ask for it for my birthday or something. But it includes an amber fragrance which contains jasmine and it smells light but completely feminine. I am very obsessed and would recommend it to every girl/woman who wants to smell gorgeous and feel feminine and sexy etc. 

3. Sinex 


This nasal spray has been a life saver this month, as I've had a cold since about the second week of September and still have it a little bit now. But a week ago or so, it got to the point where I couldn't breathe through my nose and I blew it all the time and it was still blocked. But I used this and then I could actually breathe finally and got rid of all the cold and now I am 100% better. So if any of you have an awful cold, get some of this because it is really helpful. 

4. Vaseline 


 Following on from having a cold and blowing my nose all the time, my skin just under my nose suffered a hell of a lot. It got extremely dry and sore because I was constantly trying to clear my sinuses. But Vaseline helps for so many things: chapped lips (which will blatantly be the next winter drama for me), dry skin, making your hands softer. Vaseline has been in my favourites many times before, which clearly shows how good it is. It is very versatile so get some Vaseline for the winter time if you get sore/dry skin and chapped lips!

 5. Baby Lips Electro 


This is probably my main favourite of September, Maybelline have now brought out a green one and a yellow one, so I need to buy those asap! But absolutely love all of the original 4 electro collection. It includes: Berry Bomb which is a subtle dark purple and merges with the natural colour of your lips; but not as intense as a lipstick would be, which would be great if you want purple lips but aren't confident enough to wear a lipstick or completely dark colours aren't you. 

The next one is Pink Shock which is a beautiful bright, almost Barbie pink but it is still very wearable for everyday. This was the first one I bought and I love it because I feel like it really compliments blonde hair and chestnut brown hair (which is what I have). 

The third one is Oh Orange, which is a bit of a strange one because sometimes I think it looks great on me and then there are other days where I am, oh god no. But overall it is still lovely, it is not a bright orange. It has orange tones in that mute out your natural lip colour ever so slightly, which is great for school if you can't wear very bright colours or any colour on your lips at all, but you want something moisturising. But my favourite part about the orange one is it smells like Terry's Chocolate Orange which is one of my favourite chocolates ever. It just makes me so happy to know I can smell Terry's Chocolate Orange whenever I apply it to my lips. 

Finally, the last one is called Strike A Rose which is the lighter pink version of Pink Shock. It is very rosey toned as it's named would suggest and I think it is a very natural pink for everyday wear, even though you can wear all of these everyday. It even smells really rose like and fresh which is also one of the best parts about this one. But you could easily wear this one to school as it is so light and pretty. 

But overall, all of them smell amazing and make your lips so shiny. They really are brilliant because you can have some subtle colour on your lips, whilst them being moisturised, and they're so cheap so they won't blow your budget. 

6. Quattro Razor 




I know this is a bit of an odd favourite, but this razor is amazing. They last for such a long time because they have 4 blades instead of 2. Also, they have these blue bits along the top and bottom (which you can see in image 1) which protect you from cutting your legs when you shave. They are also amazing as you can do it so quickly and your legs don't get razor burn, which is great if you need to quickly shave them and you didn't have time the night before. Even though they don't work in water with shaving foam as they are made for you to shave your legs dry, they still make your legs feel as soft as they would with foam and water shaving. So if you can find some of these, get them!

7. BarryM's Diamond Glitter 






It is no surprise that a nail varnish would creep it's way into my September favourites because, during September I begin to paint my nails in all autumn shades as I get very excited for autumn. Hence, I took all of my summer stuff out of my wardrobe at the start of September (I think we can see I am more of an autumn kinda girl). But anyway, glitter nail varnish in autumn/winter is kind of a bare essential for me because I always end up using them; glitter nail varnishes remind me of all the lights at Christmas time as in the light they actually shine shades of the rainbow.

In the glitter itself, it has small grains of glitter, along with large chunks of silver bits and medium sized ones which gives a gorgeous illusion and pretty effect on your nails.

8. NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer


I really like this primer, it's in my favourites for the fact it does it's job. It keeps your make-up on for the majority of the day and it's only between £2-3 in Superdrug which is great if you don't have a lot of money to spend on bare essentials. But for me, primer is sometimes similar to moisturiser but it has better staying power if you have flaws that you want your make-up to stay on and cover.

I've noticed recently as I've only been wearing concealer and powder because of my cold, (no point wasting my good foundation), that the primer is very glittery, it glitter's through your skin which I actually really like because the sunlight will radiate of your skin. But I know duey and glittery skin products aren't for everyone, but I have really liked that about this primer because once I put my foundation on, that usually doesn't shine through.

9. Sleek Lipstick in Smother 



I have been wearing this lipstick for most of September until I got a cold and I will eventually go back to it when I am fully recovered. But it is just a gorgeous dark plum shade which I've been looking for, for ages. I saw one in MAC that was the perfect shade, but I am too poor for high end make-up products. So I always go for drug store, which I hope is beneficial for you guys.

But it's really dark but you can chose to intensify the colour with the lipstick head or you can just fill it in with a brush to give a more lighter feel to your make-up look.

I am going to do a make-up look soon including this lipstick and I am going to incorporate it with a grey and white eye, so the main focus is on the lips as it's darker than the eyes. But I am also going to do a party look with this lipstick as well to show you guys different ways to wear a purple lip in the autumn.


10. P.S. Love 8 Eyeshadow Palette from Primark






I'm not going to go in too much detail about this favourite because my next post is a review on it. Right, what I am going to say is, for £2.50, you get some gorgeous shades in this pallet. It is definitely a pallet for autumn as they are all very neutral shades and there is only one really light shimmery pink shade in there, which looks stunning with the dark brown as a cut crease.

Personally, my favourite shade is actually the white as it is a perfect matte highlighter. I normally only put it on my brow bone or my cupids bow, but you could easily put it anywhere else you like highlighting. I haven't used every shade in the palette, but that's just because some of them are a little darker than others and whenever I use the palette daily, I just use the brown in my crease to give me some depth and make my eyes bigger. Along with the white shade highlighting my brow bone.


11. Soap and Glory Mist You Madly Spray 


This spray by Soap and Glory is a re-occurring favourite, especially round the time of autumn winter because it is quite a strong scent for a body spray, but in the summer I love wearing light fruity smells as body sprays. But for autumn, I like going into the strong floral smells and this is very much that. The bottle is also a great size as you could take it in your handbag if you wanted to. I've had this specific one for over a year now and I use it pretty often and it still has loads in, so it lasts a long time. I really need to get the 2 other sprays they do, but I don't know if they only come in a set of all 3 or if they come separately. (but if anyone knows about that, can you leave me a comment to say where I can get the other 2 in England, thank you!)

12. Frilly Socks


My final favourite has been more like an obsession throughout September. It's only because during 13 The Musical, we had to wear frilly socks as the cheerleaders and ever since, I've always wanted some as they are absolutely adorable to pair with outfits, especially in the spring. So I got loads of them from Newlook in: white, black, black with flowers on etc. The only annoying thing is, they keep getting holes in at the front and I thought it was because my toe nails were putting to much pressure on the socks when I had my shoes on. But my toe nails aren't even that long, so I don't know why that happens. But it's only the black ones that have done that, so the white ones are much stronger, yet I wear them more often! Aha, which makes so much sense.

Well everyone that was my September Favourites, I know I am so awful at favourites but I always feel like I improve in the autumn/winter. As newer things come out and it's a complete change of style as spring and summer style is similar but autumn and winter are relatively similar but different at the same time.

But thank you very much for reading if you did, as you can see I've got a lot of posts planned that I just need to make time for. But I promise guys, I will do all your requested posts as soon as I can and ones I have planned!

I will talk to you soon,

Katie

xoxoxox

  

4 comments:

  1. Awh you've got a cold come find me and i look after you were not that far apart ;) xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, please can you stop commenting these kind of things on my blog as it makes uncomfortable. I do not appreciate it, so can you stop.

      Thank you,

      Katie.

      Delete
  2. Hello Katie,

    As you're aspiring to become a fashion/beauty blogger; I would like to suggest some flowing things:

    1. Although brands such as 'MAC, Smashbox, Naked' may be expensive, but in the long run they're so much more beneficial as you don't have to apply throughout the day. Also your start to find that they last much longer due to the minimum amount you have to use to achieve a large amount of coverage.

    2. Start shopping in different places and don't stick to the same shops; explore, go out and see different shops and go out your comfort zone with your style! Don't sick to basic trends in the shops.

    3. Make sure you aiming at a range of people not just teenagers; the most people who see your blog will be in there 20s and they want different aspects of makeup and fashion. Or you can stick one theme and continue it thoughtout.


    I'm only trying to help you achieve a better more successful blogging career, best wishes
    Rae x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rae,

      Thank you for the suggestions. This may seem completely random to reply to now considering you posted this comment on my blog nearly three years ago. But I've actually only just noticed it, apologies for not seeing it sooner.

      Katie x

      Delete