Monday 25 December 2017

BLOGMAS | The Last Three Days Before Christmas - What Have I Been Doing?


Hello my lovelies and welcome to Blogmas day 22, 23, and 24. As these last 3 days have been so hectic and busy in the run up to Christmas Day, I thought I'd just share with you what I've been getting up to in the last few days before Christmas. 


 D A Y  2 2 


























On Friday I went into town to meet my friend Charlie to exchange Christmas gifts and have some lunch. We went to Pinto Lounge and had very delicious paninis and chips. I had tomato and mozzarella and Charlie had something with chicken in, I can't remember what it was called though. Either way, lunch was absolutely delicious and we had a lovely time sat in there. Whilst we were waiting for the food, we decided to exchange Christmas presents. I didn't take any pictures from exchanging them at the time, I took them when I got home. 


























The first gift I kindly received was the Snow Fairy box from Lush. Snow Fairy is honestly one of my favourite scents; that's when you know Christmas is coming, when this gorgeous sweet and fresh smell comes out of hibernation. 


























The box is absolutely gorgeous, just like it's products inside. The first product included in the box is probably one of the top if not the top Christmas exclusive that the scent Snow Fairy is known for and that is the Magic Wand Bubble Bar. I love this, it's so beautiful, smells insane, and lasts for absolutely ages. Charlie kindly gifted me one of these either last Christmas or the Christmas before and it lasted me till at least Easter. So it was a good chunk of time to enjoy this. Can't wait to use it again!




The second product in this box of goodies is the body conditioner. I've never really tried much of Lush's skincare products, simply because I just never gravitate towards them. I'm too obsessed with the pretty bath bombs to want to buy anything else. But this smells just as strong as all of the other products and look at that gorgeous iridescent glow on that butter. Can't wait to give this a go. 


The next pressie is a more recent range of products that have come into Lush and that is their jelly bombs. I feel like everyone can't make up their mind whether or not they like them or whether they're just a bit too much for a bath bomb. I've been really meaning to try one of these and now I can. I'll have to let you guys know my thoughts once I get round to it. 


You can't have a Lush gift set without the shower gel. I know so many people that rave about this shower gel and love it. That includes my friend Em. I'm so excited to finally use this and to try out a shower gel as I've never had a shower gel from Lush. 




This next beautiful present, I actually picked out and it's one of Makeup Revolution's new palettes. They've been bringing out makeup left, right, and centre at the minute and I just can't keep up. But they brought out a range of 'glitter palettes' (I'm only calling them that because the lids are gold, silver, and rose gold). I loved all of the palettes in this little range they've got going on but the gold one is my personal favourite because of the shades in it. They're a good mix of warm tone colours from light to dark. I also love all of the names of these shades. I'm honestly so excited to play with this palette. After Christmas I might just do a post where I play with a whole bunch of new makeup. If that's something you guys want to see then let me know down below. 


And finally, this is also something I picked out too. Charlie has quite a few of Zoe's beauty products simply because he likes them, he quite enjoys using them. Every year since she started her range he always gets her handcreams, so I decided I'd get him one for Christmas. Then I really fancied trying it myself, so he got me one for Christmas too. I absolutely adore the scent of this range and maybe in the sales I'll buy a little bit more from this range because the smell is so fresh and crisp and I love that. Plus, the packaging of this range is my absolute fave. 

I adore all of my presents from Charlie, I'm honestly so grateful. But the best part of all was seeing him open his presents and he loved them all which I'm so happy about! I absolutely love gift giving, it's my favourite part of Christmas. 

Once we finished our lunch and exchanging presents, Charlie actually needed to get a few more Christmas presents for his boyfriend, so that's what we did. And along the way, I took loads of photos of all of the Christmas bits and pieces in every shop going which now means my phone storage is almost full. But worth it, hope you guys enjoy these as much as I do. 



















D A Y  2 3 

So on Saturday my parents and I kind of just got things done that needed to be done. For example delivering gifts to family, going to the cemetery to put wreaths down, doing some last minute shopping just before Christmas, and doing the last few bits of wrapping. I have no pictures for this day but we got everything done that we needed to so that was good. 

D A Y  2 4 

A more exciting day for you now! So on Christmas Eve Chloe and I always meet up. It has become a tradition since I don't know when, but we always meet on Christmas Eve without fail to exchange Christmas gifts and catch up. As she's been working a lot lately I haven't been able to see her until Christmas Eve anyway; she had the whole day off which was nice so we had the chance to spend the entire day together, which we did. 

So in the morning my parents and I went and saw the last couple of people around the village to deliver gifts to and to deliver some cards and then we were officially done for Christmas! 

Chloe and I decided to go to Costa for a lunch date, of course. Would we go anywhere else? 


We both had a hot chocolate (how can you not on Christmas Eve?) but as you can see I had a standard hot chocolate with cream and chocolate dusting and Chloe had a black forest hot chocolate and we both had a brownie. It was such a nice afternoon, we just had a proper chat and a catch up which is what we 100% needed. It always surprises me how Chloe and I never run out of things to talk about and I'm really not exaggerating. We can talk for hours and hours and not get bored. 




We took a little trip into Primark, which is sort of another general tradition whenever we go out together. Luckily we didn't go too overboard; there were a lot of things already reduced in there, Christmas and non-Christmas products so you guys should go into Primark soon and treat yourself in those sales. 

So the first thing that caught my eye were these gorgeous boots! They're black soft sort of velvet material with beautiful embroidered gold butterflies all over. So I tried them on, I'm a size 5, and they fitted my feet perfectly but they were a little bit tight on my ankle when I was zipping them up. But I got them on and had a little walk around the shop with them on and they sort of eased into my feet. Plus, they're so comfy to walk in and not too high! If that wasn't already good enough, the price of them was an absolute steal! They were supposed to be £16 and they went down to £6! I would've bought these regardless but Chloe kindly said she would get me them as an extra and early Christmas present which was honestly so lovely and thoughtful of her. I am entirely grateful so thank you Chloe!

As for the rest of the bits, some of these were essentials and some were just general early Christmas treats for myself! So the essentials; I needed some more Hydrating Mist simply because I've ran out. I'm honestly obsessed with this stuff and I've only been using it since end of September/ start of October. I even convinced Chloe to try it so I'll have to update you guys on her thoughts. It just makes my skin feel fresh and awake and I make sure I put it on every day, you know, when I haven't ran out of it. Would highly recommend guys! 

I needed some new tweezers because I really need to pluck/ re-shape my eyebrows because they're getting out of control at the min. But I have no idea where my other tweezers have gone, I've checked everywhere I could think of. All of my handbags, makeup bags, big makeup bag that I brought all my beauty things home in. Absolutely no where to be found, so I decided to buy some more because they were only £1.00. And something else I had to get because some how within a day I've lost mine when I'm certain I put it back in my makeup brush pot. So I decided to get a new beauty blender because I've lost my Real Techniques miracle sponge - the pink one. I'm so annoyed because it's my favourite, I might see if I can buy a single one out of Boots as they had some within their Christmas gifting range as a single mini present. But until I have the time to do that, I got a new one. I didn't want to get one of those packs for a £1.00 though because after using a better quality one whenever I go back to a cheap one I see the difference when I apply my makeup. Primark's PS Pro range has been quite successful, so I thought I'd pay that extra pound to get a slightly better blender. I'll let you guys know what I think of it when I get round to using it. 

And for the fun stuff that I purchased, as you can see it is literally all lipsticks, I bought these just because I wanted a treat and they were all in the sale! The majority of these were £2.00 and under. Firstly, this nail varnish is from their peach range and it's like a nude peach. I already have one of these but I left it at uni and it's one of my new favourite colours. Even though the one at uni I didn't buy very long ago; I'll still use both, plus all the nail varnishes from this range are only 50p at the moment! 

Secondly, I bought a grey lipstick because I've always wanted to try one. I feel like cool toned colours can be quite a harsh look because there's always the risk of looking like you've got drag makeup on. There's nothing wrong if that's the look you're going for but if you're not there is a chance it could be a disaster. But I think it will be fine if I do really simple eyes. I was thinking really white fine glitter (that Tanya Burr one I got last year) as it's really soft and pretty. So I was thinking that might look quite nice with that. And, this lippy is in the shade 'insta glam' and was in the sale for £1.00!

Our next one along is the lip lacquer liquid lipstick, a really pretty pink nude shade, which I can't tell you the shade of because something has been printed over the name on the barcode. My friend Katie actually bought me one of these liquid lipsticks for Christmas in the shade 'obsession' which is a deep burgundy/ purple shade. I really like it, I love it when lipsticks dry but don't feel dry on your lips which is how these lip lacquers feel. I'm really excited to use this pinky nude and this was also £1.00!

Finally in the lip product squad is this beautiful crushed metallic lipstick. It doesn't actually have a shade name but it's just a really pretty neutral pink with a beautiful golden copper shimmer in it. I had a play around when I swatched them all when I got home and this looks really pretty on top of the pink nude lip lacquer shade - so I can't wait to wear those properly on my lips together. But I love, love, love this packaging the clear plastic with the gold metallic writing on and the textured looking outer packaging of the wand. There was also a purple one which I thought was so pretty but I didn't get it as I didn't think I'd get much wear out of it, but now I've seen the pink one I wanna go and buy the purple one. These lipsticks remind me of something from the Kardashian beauty ranges; but the best part about this one, it was only £2.50. 

Now I also included this spray as I got it very recently, like 4 days ago if that. This was not from Primark, this was actually from Body Care. I didn't know that the brand So...? had recently brought out some new and pretty packaged body mists. If you know me well then you'll know that I love rose scented products and my skin adores rose scented and infused products. Side tracking a little, Chloe is my favourite perfume and I was given it last Christmas from Charlie which was so nice of him. But I'm slowly running out as it's a little bottle, but not even joking, this body mist smells exactly the same as the Chloe perfume. Which is so good that I've found the perfume in a body mist. It smells so beautiful, I'm already obsessed.


After our lunch date and then a spot of shopping, Chloe and I eventually went home and came back to mine to exchange Christmas gifts before going to her boyfriends to exchange presents with him. But we don't open each other's presents until actual Christmas day. 

Well my lovelies, that's it, everything is done and dusted and ready all in time for Christmas. It has all flown by once again, don't know where December has gone really. But I hope you guys have an amazing Christmas Day filled with love, happiness, laughter, and joy, and of course lots of special goodies. 

I will see you guys all again soon, I am going to blog every day still until the end of the year, apart from Christmas Day. So I will see you guys back here on Boxing Day, not fully sure what I'm gonna upload. Will either be my what I got for Christmas post or me playing around with new bits of makeup that I've bought recently/ been gifted for Christmas. 

Thank you guys so much for reading and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! 

Love,

Katie





No comments:

Post a Comment