Saturday 2 December 2017

BLOGMAS | Christmas Decor Haul


Hello my lovelies and welcome to Blogmas day 2! I hope you all enjoyed yesterday's post and your Christmas planning is off to a good start. I've been buying lots of lovely Christmas bits and bobs lately for such cheap prices as well that I thought I would share them with you. I love all of those elements of Christmas that you would regard as accessories for your home and those little bits and bobs you buy to enhance your present wrapping quality. Before we get into this, sorry if some of the photo colours look a bit off, I had to take all these in artificial lighting. 


I love hanging signs. They're such small details but I really like them to make a room feel more homely and have more character. I saw this one in Home Bargains for only 79p and I had to have it! As you can see, it just simply says 'Merry Christmas' in this fancy calligraphy covered in purple/pink glitter with a little pink ribbon to hang it up with. You can see on the 'Y' the glitter has come off ever so slightly, it wasn't like that when I bought it, it accidentally came off on the journey home but as it was less than one pound I'm not too bothered. 

They also have a larger size and other colours: gold, blue, red, and silver. So quite a bit of variety and this looks lovely in my room hanging on the wall. 


Another recent purchase that I'm in love with are these Christmas tree lights and these were actually from Poundland and were obviously £1! You get 10 lights on this wire which is such good value for £1 in my opinion. They have so many other lights as well, they have standard warm lights, multicoloured, snowflakes, berries, stars, and some other's that I cannot remember. These lights I have them sitting around my draws and they look so cute and festive. And, they're so bright considering they were only £1! These would also be really nice as little add ons to go with peoples Christmas gifts. 


Continuing with the Poundland theme, I bought a tinsel tree. I love tinsel trees because they just add a little sparkle and festive spirit to any room they're in and they come in so many different colours. I got a silver one as I feel silver accents go the best with the cool toned colour themes of my room when I change my bedding (pinks and purples and blues and greens) and also because I prefer silver to golds. But these little tinsel trees come in gold, red, blue, purple, and deep purple, as well as silver. This little guy is now sat on my bed side table with my advent calendar. And of course it was also £1! 





Can't go wrong with some ribbons and bows! I go through so many of these every year because of the way I wrap my Christmas gifts and if you guys are interested in how I wrap my gifts then check out this post from last year's Blogmas where I show you how here. Obviously this will not be enough to decorate all my presents with (don't worry, I've got many more stocked up in my wrapping bag) I really like these ones though as they've got that holographic gleam that you can see on both the ribbons and bows. I like how these come in a little box with a handle, and these were only 79p from Home Bargains also! 


And as those ribbons weren't enough, I purchased another packet to be on the safe side. These ones aren't holographic but they're still lovely and shiny and make fab accents on presents. These we're also from Home Bargains and we're only £1! 



Onto wrapping paper, now choosing a wrapping paper is always hard for me as there's so many I love but there never is a lot on a roll for the price you pay. I had this wrapping paper last year too and used the majority of the roll by the time Christmas day actually came so I bought another one. The best bit is it's a 12m roll for only £1! Most rolls that are £1 you only get 3m. Which isn't that bad but if you can get more for a cheap price it's better value. But there are a couple of 3m rolls that are £1 that I do actually really want to purchase. But for the majority of my Christmas gifts I'll be wrapping them in this. 

As you can see it's a light brown background with red, green, gold, and white reindeer's all over it and reindeer's are my favourite winter/ Christmas animals. And all the colours of the ribbons and bows will go with this paper; this was from B&M


























Something else I love is Christmas bags. I take great pride in what I buy for people as well as how I present it to people. I've been loving a lot of silver and white bags this year and my mum bought me a few of these from Wilko for only £1.50. I absolutely love them, I think they're really pretty. Silver and white seem to go together really nicely and as you can see it just says 'Merry Christmas' on the front with these mandala pattern type hanging baul bauls and a pink ribbon to carry it. The one thing to note though, it's not got loads of room inside so you're best off using this bag for gifts that aren't extremely wide, better for ones that are more flat. 



























Love how I just said that I've been loving silver and white bags and now we've gone opposite with green and gold. I discovered this bag randomly in TK Maxx for £1.99 I think and I bought it just because I really loved it. I love the Christmas tree illustrations and the different shades of green as well as the gold glitter stars and 'Merry Christmas' banner across the top. This bag definitely fits wider presents in which is good, especially because the person's present I'm using it for is getting a pillow and it fits perfectly. 



Jumping back to the silver and white vibes now. This one is pretty simplistic but because it's simplistic that's why I liked it. Silver and white once again with 'Merry Christmas' across the front with glittery holographic dots going down, almost looks like snow falling. These bags are quite short in width but are very long in length so great for gifts that are really long in length such as a vase or cosmetic set etc. These were also from Wilko and I think they were either £1 or £1.50. 




Carrying on with the present decoration theme; I also love tissue paper. I think tissue paper is lovely to put into gift bags to make the presents look more appealing or to wrap small dainty gifts in. Both of these were from Poundworld and were each £1 - you get 15 sheets in each packet and they're super long and wide which will be fab for outlining bags as well as all size presents. I'm actually really excited to use these, they had another colour pallet with reds and brighter greens I think but I've already got some other tissue paper left over from last year that I'm going to use so I didn't need to go overboard. 








And the final thing in this decor haul are these adorable paper stars! I adore hanging paper stars, I saw some at the Liverpool Christmas Market last year and I fell in love with them but they were a bit expensive so I sadly didn't buy any. But I saw some recently in Poundland and I thought they were so lovely so I bought some. Proceed with caution if you guys decide to purchase these because tying the string together was hard work because they're meant to go over light bulbs but I just wanted to use them as general room decorations. After a good 10 minutes of trying to tie these two pieces of string together I got there eventually and they look adorable and festive. They would look lovely over some kind of light but they also look nice just hanging on hooks by the strings which is what I've decided to do with them. 


Well my lovelies, that is it for this post. I hope you've enjoyed and are getting ideas and inspiration of what you might want to buy this year. As you can see from this haul there are so many good bits and bobs in Poundland, Poundworld, Home Bargains, and B&M - I'd highly recommend going in and having a browse. There's loads of other things, especially in Poundland that I've got my eye on so you never know. 

As always guys don't forget to follow me on all of my social media so you can keep up to date with everything I am doing over this festive period! You can follow me on Twitter @katielouj0hnson, Instagram @katiej0hnson, Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson.

Thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow! 


Love,

Katie




No comments:

Post a Comment