Monday 24 July 2017

TRY ON HAUL | Newlook, Primark, Next, and more!



Hello my lovelies, I hope you are all well and have had a lovely weekend. Now if you follow me on Instagram you'll know that I went away for the weekend to Great Yarmouth. I left Friday and came back yesterday, so Sunday. I'm not going to talk too much about it as that's going to have its own dedicated post this Wednesday. But I shared a lot of my little weekend away on my Instagram story, so if you guys want to keep up to date with what I am doing and have behind the scenes to my blog posts etc, then don't forget to follow my Instagram katiej0hnson which is linked in my header bar above. 

So today as you can see by the title I have a haul post for you and I know I literally just uploaded one but who doesn't love a good haul post? I love making them for you guys and reading/watching other peoples too. Plus there are too many fabulous pieces I've bought recently to not share with you guys. But to make this a little bit different I decided I wanted to do a try on haul as I love it when other people do try on hauls as you can physically see how something looks on someone and makes a piece of clothing look more attractive to imagine what you can wear them with in my opinion. Also, there are so many incredible new bits and bobs in shops at the minute as well as sales all over the place. I'm gonna say now there is a lot of pictures of me in the clothes in different angles to show the pieces as well as I can for you guys. So I'd suggest get a drink and snack and if you want to know all of the bits and pieces I've been purchasing lately then please keep on reading. 

(note: the leggings I am wearing are not apart of the haul) 


































So the first items I got were these pyjamas and they are a set but they were being sold as two separate items. I think you can also buy long pyjama bottoms to match with this top but as it has been quite warm lately I've been wearing pyjama shorts much more often. 

So this set is a really pretty black and white rose pattern on a duck egg blue/green ish colour, with black accents of lace on both the top and the shorts, and a piece of black fabric on the shorts to tie into a bow just like I've done in the image to the left. 

I wore these pyjamas on my weekend away and I'm still wearing them now and my god, they are so comfy and soft it is ridiculous. These pyjamas are from Primark and I own a lot of different Primark pyjamas and they are always really comfy, fit really well, and of course are always so pretty. I absolutely love them and feel really confident and happy wearing them even though they are just pyjamas. 

From: Primark
Price: £9.00 (top - £5.00, shorts - £4.00) 






























So whilst I was away for the weekend I popped into Asda and just had a browse around the clothing section and came across this top. It's just a basic grey t-shirt but with a pleated hem around the bottom and the small stitched in print that reads 'waiting for the weekend' with a cocktail glass. I think this really gives a basic everyday outfit option something a bit more eye catching than just, in this case, a plain grey t-shirt. 

It's a really nice length and really comfortable for everyday casual wear. I will probably wear this to uni a lot; on an acting course we do a lot of physical work and we have to be in comfortable clothing and this example above is perfect. I will probably wear this with jeans or leggings like I am above, with some converses or some boots, and a cardigan. Just really cute and casual and I really like this top. There was two other colours and styles, pink with a flamingo on which I really wanted but they didn't have my size, and light purple and I can't remember what the pattern was on it. But there was not many left so if you want one or want to go and check them out you better work fast.

From: George, Asda
Price: £8.00 





























This next top is this really delicate looking floral patterned blouse with beautiful lace detailing and a little draw string to tie into a bow. I saw this and instantly fell in love with it. It's just so beautiful and has the combination of my two favourite things - floral print and lace. 

This blouse is quite thin as you can see from the images, you can see the outline of my bra when you look closely and can see my leggings too. Personally this doesn't bother me, but if it bothers you then take caution when buying blouses these days as the majority of blouses that are top based, like this one, are very thin/sheer. 

Anyway, I think this is so pretty and delicate and is me in every way. This top is quite short but it is not cropped. When I lift my arms it does come up quite a bit but it is fine when wearing high waisted bottoms.This top could definitely be worn all throughout the year. It could easily be worn with high waisted jeans, boots, and a leather jacket in the winter or with shorts and sandals in the summer. I feel like it is completely versatile and it means I can definitely get a lot of wear out of this. 

From: Primark
Price: £10.00 











I am already obsessed with this top and I've not even worn it properly yet. 

Last week when I went shopping with my mum, there was so many sales on it was crazy. We went into Next and the sale in there was strong. Half the store was literally just sales. I love Next, I have a lot of jeans, tops, and jumpers from there. Therefore it's no surprise that I picked up some more bits and pieces. 

So, I saw this top and I was so drawn to it. I love the colour of the top, it's like a warm cream ish shade and then in the middle has a big white and pink floral print design with the words 'NYC Soho Nyc Fifth Avenue Established 1993' over the top. It also has this cut out V section with fabric to give the appearance of a lace up V which you can see in the images above. 

I absolutely adore this top, I think it was the lace up section that drew me to it the most. I feel like it is a really easy top to wear but because of the attention to detail it adds more to give this basic top a bit of edge. I personally wouldn't wear it with leggings just because it is slightly more fitted than what I normally go for. However still comfortable enough to move in and go about your day in. I will more than likely wear this with black jeans and black boots or black converse. I think this top is going to look so cool and edgy with my high heeled lace up boots with a leather jacket and black jeans. I can also imagine myself wearing this on a casual night out or a house party with fancy flats or high heeled boots. I'm really excited to wear it. 

From: Next 
Price: £10.00 (sale price) 
































Continuing with Next, I saw this jumper from the front at first and I thought it was alright, a really nice caramel kind of colour for the autumn/winter. Then I turned it around and I was shook people. Once again, it's just a really staple basic jumper, perfect for the colder months of the year. But by adding something small gives it a bit more edge and a makes it more controversial in my opinion. Which I've just realised it's happened a lot in this haul with this jumper, the previous top, and the grey top from Asda. Super lovely staple pieces with an added extra detail or accessory to make more of a statement and I love it when fashion items do that. 

Like I said it's just this nice caramel colour and is that knitted feel that is cosy and quite heavy. Perfect for autumn and winter to keep you warm. With these cute white bows on the back with a small slit at the bottom at the back. I was so happy that this actually fit because this was the only one they had left in a size 18 and I'm normally a size 20 because it's more comfortable for me as I don't like when clothing is too fitted. But I am so happy this does fit because I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. I can easily wear this with leggings, black jeans, blue denim jeans etc with my brown boots in the winter. I can't wait for the colder months to roll back around so I can wear all of these beautiful jumpers. 

From: Next 
Price: £10.00 (sale price)




































Carrying on with the jumper theme, whilst on holiday we popped into Peacocks and once again, there was a massive sale on and I found this really nice jumper. Once again, it is knitted material which makes it quite weighty and cosy. Again, perfect for winter. It is this off white creamy colour and is a really nice fit and is just once again, a staple piece for autumn and winter. Can easily be worn with leggings and jeans, boots and converses etc. Just really easy to throw on and go and if you know me well, which you guys should by now, an item like this is classic Katie J fashion. 

From: Peacocks
Price: £8.00 (sale price) 












































I know there's a lot of pictures of this top but it is just because I am already in love with it and once again I've never worn it out. Today was actually the first time I tried it on and I fell even more in love with it. So this is from the curves section in New Look. Which means if you have more of a curvy body shape or are slightly bigger like myself you can find clothes that are made to be bigger and more flattering on curvier body shapes. 

The first thing you notice is clearly the gorgeous white lace detailing along the top of the chest area and the cut off sleeves. And on the main body of the top it has this small square like dot detailing. It also has an under layer of fabric to make it slightly more opaque. 

I absolutely love the attention to detail in the whole top, I love the length of it, I love how floaty and airy the top is, I love how it sits so comfortably on my body shape, and I love the little sleeves. I know they might not be everyone's cup of tea but I really do like the cut off shoulder sleeves and the bardot styled tops and dresses etc. I think it's a really nice summer trend however I do feel it is going to fizzle out after this summer simply because it has been so overly popular this year. I do really like the style however sometimes it doesn't look right on me and I think it's because of my pale skin tone. Sometimes I find the bardot style looks better on more tanned or darker coloured skin tones. But I'm really happy that this top suits me and looks good on me. In a picture above I tried to see what it would look like without the sleeves and it looks fine but I think the sleeves make it look much prettier and ties the whole look of the top together. This can easily be worn with a pair of jeans or shorts and some sandals - really easy piece of clothing to pull of for the summer. 

From: New Look
Price: £13.00 (sale price) 


















Again quite a few pictures for these new beauties. If you've come from Instagram, hello, thank you for reading, then you'll have seen these earlier and I asked for you guys to guess where these shoes were from. And if you guessed New Look, you'd be correct! Yes these are from New Look and I absolutely love them. 

They are just black flats with a buckle and embroided pink flowers and green leaves. I think these shoes are so classy and I don't actually own any shoes like these. I think they are perfect for when you want go smart casual. You could easily wear these out with a dress and a jacket or you could wear these on a casual day with jeans and a tshirt. I also think these are easy to wear for different seasons. For example right now, in summer, you can wear them just like I am above. Then in the winter you could wear them with tights and with socks in the spring etc. The options are endless and to me they are so versatile. 

I do really like them, they are really easy to wear however they do need to be worn in a little bit so when I go out this week I'm considering wearing them as I'm not going to be doing loads of walking. Blatantly if I do they will rub my heels. I know a lot of people don't like their feet and depending on the size of your feet depends on the kinds of shoes you wear. I have quite small feminine feet and I like my feet. To be honest I would consider them to be one of my best features which is why I love wearing shoes where my feet are exposed like sandals, heels, and flats like this pair. I would encourage you guys to flaunt your best assests whatever they may be.

From: New Look
Price: £11.00 (sale price)




Moving away from fashion items and now moving onto home-ware. At the minute I am obsessed with the tropical vibes so flamingos, pineapples, and of course cactus'. The obsession has definitely been heightened because those three things are everywhere. They're all over the high street fashion industry at the minute as it's summer and they are also all over home-ware items in shops especially Primark. 

So I saw these adorable little cactus pots with a little pink flower at the top and I just had to have them. They look so cute sat on my bed side table and I'm just such a big fan of these. 

From: New Look
Price: £1.00 (sale price)


























This item was a bit of a random till purchase in Primark. But all I've been seeing lately is flamingo, unicorn, and doughnut inflatable rings for the pool. And I noticed in Primark they now have the large size that you'd float in and these little ones to put your drinks in and I just cant. It's such a cute idea if you want to take your drink in the pool and just a fun idea for summertime. So of course I got the flamingo one as I am obsessed and my drinks look so cute just chilling with my new flamingo friend. 

From: Primark
Price: £1.00 


  For those of you who remember a couple of years ago now, I ombred my hair and I used this jelly bleach stuff which works within 5 uses and lasts for ages. Which it really does, I can't rave about this stuff enough if you want to ombre your hair blonde. So I haven't lightened it since Christmas which is still the case right now and it near enough has all come out of my hair now. Very recently I dyed my ombre a couple of different wash out colours which took all the ombre out when it did wash out and when I got my hair cut shorter quite a bit did get cut out. And for ages I haven't figured out what I want to do with it and I've spoken about it before. But recently in Superdrug and Boots I can't find this product any where, like I don't know if it has been discontinued but I just can't find it any where. 

So whilst I was on holiday, I was in a shop called ROYS and it's just a massive store full of everything from clothes to bags to shoes to accessories etc. And I was in the hair care section and I noticed this sitting on the shelf and I immediately picked it up as I have no idea if it's been discontinued but if I wanna lighten my hair again, Im'a need this. So I am so happy I managed to find it so I can still lighten my hair again soon. 

From: ROYS 
Price: £2.99 


Okay, I'll admit the flamingo and cactus obsession is running wild but how can you blame me when you look at these adorable LED lights? I still haven't got them out of the boxes yet and I am so excited to have them sit on my desk or my bed side table. I'll defo show you guys on Instagram when I've got them set up. There was also a pineapple one which I also really wanna get as well! Such cute little room decor ideas for summer time. I hope Primark bring out some more little LED lights like this with different designs and patterns as they really are such nice little things to add to your room. 

From: Primark
Price: £3.00 each



I have been following Primark on social media for absolutely ages and I noticed recently that they we're stocking new products from this brand called Holler and Glow. I'm unsure whether it's a within Primark brand or whether it is it's own brand but Primark are just selling it in their store. But I mainly noticed it as a lot of the beauty YouTuber's I watch were actually sent packages and got talking about it which got me wanting to try it out. I haven't seen many reviews or first impressions yet so I don't know what to expect. But in the Primark I went to, they had a few bits from sheet masks like this one and hand and foot treatments. So they have come out with a nice range of bits and pieces. I know there's a load of different sheet masks for different things and in my Primark they only had this one, the unicorns exist illuminating sheet mask. I think I'm definitely going to do a first impressions of this, whether that'll be on here or on my Instagram. But stayed tuned for that guys, but I'm really looking forward to giving this a go and to see what Holler and Glow bring out next. 

From: Primark
Price: £3.00 





Moving onto accessories; recently I have been really obsessed with buying new jewellery. I don't know why, I think it's because there's a lot of different style of jewellery that's really popular at the minute and I especially feel like gold jewellery is really big this summer. But we'll get to that in a minute.

So firstly, I got this ring in Next's sale and I am obsessed with it already. If you guys follow me on Instagram you'll have seen a post which this is featured in. I got this in a size small as I have very small hands and it is actually too big for my ring finger which is strange but it does fit my middle finger which is good. So I've been wearing this recently with my everyday Pandora ring and my Warren James ring. If you guys know me or have followed me for a long time you'll know what rings I am talking about. But if you have no idea, here are some pictures for you. 




So if you guys didn't already know I am a big fan of moonstone rings. Moonstone is one of my favourite gem stones and I think it's partly because I love space but mostly because it looks gorgeous in silver jewellery. Although my new ring doesn't say it is a moonstone ring, the stone definitely resembles a moonstone gem I have similar in one of my rings. On this ring in particular I love the details and it is a really comfortable fit on my middle finger and it really flatters my skintone. I think that is why I favour silver jewellery over gold because I have cool toned skin and silver is a cool toned shade compared to gold. Which is why gold jewellery always looks insane on tanned and dark skin tones. But anyway, I love this ring, a perfect every day item to add to my jewellery collection. 

From: Next
Price: £3.00 




More jewellery, I actually found this adorable little bracelet in Outfit in the Miss Selfridge section. Who also had a sale on! So I saw this and I love little pieces of jewellery like this that are really sweet and dainty but I don't wear them that often because when they're dainty chained jewellery I find them to be too delicate and I just know I'll break them. But when it's like this with a draw string type of rope to pull to make it tighter it feels more comfortable to wear. But I just think this is so cute and it turns out this piece of jewellery means spiritually according to the cardboard slab it came on which I really liked the thought of as I personally am spiritual and want to become more spiritual. So I just thought it was cute that a piece of jewellery could potentially mean that.

From: Miss Selfridge, Outfit
Price: £2.00 




Also from Miss Selfridge I found this necklace in the sale as you can see from the cardboard, what a bargain this was! 

As I said, I feel like everything gold is in this year and it's really rubbed off on me. I seem to be really drawn towards gold jewellery and golden champagne highlighters at the minute. So I saw this necklace and immediately fell in love with it. This is obviously a high fashion piece of jewellery and not an every day wear item. But it fits really nicely and sits really nicely on my skin. I'd definitely wear this just on it's own with no other jewellery apart from maybe a gold ring and I would most likely wear this with a cut neck type of top, playsuit, or dress etc to make it all about the necklace as it is clearly a bold statement. Perfect for a party or an event if you want to stand out. I can't wait to wear it and to discover the best ways to style it. 

From: Miss Selfridge, Outfit
Price: £3.00 (sale price) 




I have another gold jewellery accessory, but this time it is a set of necklaces. These have been so popular this year, I always see people wearing them and I always wanted to wear my necklaces like that but I didn't really have any that went together in like a theme that would look good together. So when I was in New Look the other day, I saw these in the sale and was so drawn in by them. They're almost a bit like elements and kind of universe inspired with there being the sun and a star with a coin and horse shoe shape but could be the moon if turned the other way and little balls that could represent little planets. Clearly the theme of space has been on my mind a lot lately. But I thought these worked really well together, they sit a nice distant apart from each other when on the skin, they aren't super tight on my neck, they'd look fabulous with a V neck top, blouse, or playsuit etc, and the best bit is they are separate necklaces! So if I ever want to wear just one or switch around how many I want to wear I can. 

From: New Look
Price: £3.00 (sale price) 



Finally, the very last item of this super long haul is, surprise surprise, another piece of jewellery that is space themed. So if you guys didn't know by now I am obsessed with space. I find it absolutely beautiful and fascinating. I love all of the galaxies and planets etc. I think the universe is the true definition of beautiful and I love it when you can find pieces of jewellery that capture that. So this is a really pretty crescent moon necklace with filigree detail on the moon itself with a beautiful round shaped glimpse of the universe in. It looks like a galaxy of some kind with coloured clouds. It doesn't look that amazing up close but then once it's on and it's further back from the camera it really makes an impact in my opinion. It looks like the moon is holding that part of the universe and it just looks amazing. I am so mesmerised by it every time I look at it. 

We actually discovered this at a crafts fair going on in Great Yarmouth before we came home and sadly I don't know who made it but they had loads of different designs similar as well as different to this one. 

From: Craft Fair
Price: £2.50 


Well my lovelies that is officially it for this haul. My god it was massive and a long one and has taken forever to type up but it was definitely worth it to share with you guys all of the lovely bits and pieces I've been getting my hands on lately. 

But I hope you guys enjoyed and if you got all the way to the end, thank you ever so much, I really appreciate every one of you guys who reads my blog. It really means the world. 

Don't forget to follow me on my social medias - all linked above in my header. And don't forget to let me know that you like these posts; let me know in the comments what you guys have been buying recently and what your favourite thing in my haul was. 

As always thank you guys so much for reading and I shall see you on Wednesday for another!


Love,

Katie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment