Monday 17 July 2017

GRWM for a Summer Party | Sultry Golden Maroon Makeup Tutorial






























Hello my lovelies I hope you're all well and are having a wonderful day. So today I've got a brand new get ready with me for you guys! So about a week ago I went to my auntie's 50th birthday party and I had such a good night with my family. So I decided to do a get ready with me as I really enjoy doing these and watching other people do them. They always seem to turn out really well when they're not a planned out look and this one was no different. 

As you can see in the images above its just a super sultry smokey eye with burgundy/ maroon in the outer crease and V and a gorgeous brightening gold sheen on my lids. I absolutely love this look, I'd 100% wear it again, but if you guys want to find out how you can get this look to wear for yourself then you know what to do. Keep on reading. 

So for this look I took the I Heart Makeup Chocolate Vice palette, which is one of my all time favourite drugstore makeup palette's. I apologise if in some of my previous blog posts I've referred to it by Makeup Revolution, it is in fact by I Heart Makeup who work closely with Makeup Revolution. Sorry about that guys. 

But anyway, this palette is absolutely perfect and well rounded. It's one I reach for all year round regardless if it's Summer, Autumn, Winter, or Spring. In my opinion it has every colour you'd need to create a multiple amount of looks which also makes it perfect for travelling.

As I wanted to do a bronzey look I ran the neutral brown shade, Convert through my crease just to help with blending those warm toned shades later on. And I took that on my Makeup Revolution E103 brush. 



Now I'm deepening up the crease and outer V with the shade Fancy which is this gorgeous pinky burgundy shade. I took that on my Real Techniques deluxe crease brush and just buffed the shade in circular motions into my outer V and crease. 
I wanted something to deepen up the outer V and give some definition but I still wanted the whole look itself to be on the warmer side. So I took a mix of the shades Treat which is a deep chocolate brown and Maleficence which is a more chocolate caramel/ toffee kind of colour. 




I took a mix of those two shades on the same brush I used to apply the brown shade, Convent, and I just focused the blend in the socket of the outer V. This took some blending of those two brown shades, Treat and Maleficence, as well as the burgundy shade, Fancy to get the perfect amount of blend between all of the colours and tones and to make sure it looked seamless and smooth. 
As my main lid colour, I wanted gold but I didn't want a gold too light or a gold too warm. So I took a mix of the shades Habit which is a mid toned metallic gold and Vice which is a really pretty light gold, (perfect for highlighting the inner corners by the way). 



























I took a mix of the two on my Real Techniques base shadow brush as well as my fingers to pack on that colour. I also took the remaining product, Fancy, on my deluxe crease brush to gently blend those shades together. Again, to make sure there's no harsh lines and to look completely seamless. And you can see how much that gold shade is glowing and how stunning it is.

 























I then went a head and applied my everyday face, you guys know the drill by now. But just in case you're new here... 


(if it's in 'bold' writing it means there's a new edition to my everday routine) 
  • Maybelline Better Skin in 05 Light Beige 
  • Then taking my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes drawn in a triangle and taken down my cheeks, along my nose, on my forehead, around the sides of my nose, on my cupids bow, around my lips, and on my chin. Then of course on any blemish areas that I want to cover. Using my beauty blender from Real Techniques for both my base and my concealer. 
  • Then using another holy grail of mine, the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder in Translucent. Powdering all over my face with my Real Techniques duo fibre face brush.
  • Then I am taking my Ben Nye Banana Powder and just baking under my eyes using the Real Techniques setting brush. To really lighten up the area where I put my concealer and then I buff that bake out with my Real Techniques duo fibre face brush. 
  • Then moving onto my eyebrows, I'm taking my classic Maybelline Satin Brow and just filling in my eyebrows in their natural shape with the arch over drawn slightly. Then applying Brow Drama brow gel also in Dark Brown to just set them in place. 
  • Then shaping my face with the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Rosy Flush Cheeks palette. Taking the shade, Beach Bronze as my contour shade. Just taking the contour to sculpt and bronze my cheek bones on a basic angled brush and just lightly sculpting and buffing my cheeks, my temples, and my nose. I've been using this palette every time I put makeup on, I love it!
  • Using that Real Techniques setting brush again with Ben Nye's Banana Powder to bake that bronzed shade. So it is still sculpted but is slightly softer for the summer time. 
  • Taking Makeup Revolution's F103 stippling brush to apply my blush from the same contour kit, a pretty flushed rosy pink with a bit of shimmer on the apples of my cheeks in the shade Pretty Peony.
  • Finally taking Real Techniques cheek brush to apply my highlighter, Oyster Shell from the same palette. Placing it on the high points of my cheeks, my forehead, down the bridge and on the tip of my nose, on my cupids bow, and on my chin. 
























I smoked out my lower lashline using that mix of Treat and Maleficence with whatever was remaining on the brush all across the lashline. I also took some of Fancy on the same brush I used to apply it before and took that on the outer part of my lower lashline. 

I then added some of the gold highlighter called Oyster Shell from Tanya Burr's Rosy Flush Cheeks Palette to my inner corners and lightly on the lower lashline. I've been absolutely loving golden highlighters and a really golden highlighted inner corner lately. 

I then just applied my current mascara, Maybelline's The Falsies. 


Taking my current favourite lip product, the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Cannes, all over my lips. It's my natural lip colour but 10x better - I love it. I've pretty much been wearing it every single day when I've had makeup on. 

My current favourite trick at the minute is to apply a highlight shade in the middle of my lips. I feel like this a popular makeup trick at festivals but it's crept it's way into my everyday makeup routines. Perfect trend for summer makeup. So in the middle of my lips I took Primark's metallic liquid lipstick in Molton Lava. I really like this liquid lipstick, I think it's really good considering how cheap the kits are. I really want to try out their holographic kits. Let me know if you guys want a first impression or a review of one of those kits. 

Finally I took that pretty light golden shade Vice on my Makeup Revolution E101 brush to brush on the product and then I took it on my finger to make that colour really pop on my lips. 



And this is the completed look. Once I finished my makeup I just straightened my hair and got changed into my outfit. Sorry I haven't got an outfit picture for you guys. But there's a couple of pictures on my Instagram of me in the outfit. So if you wanna see it, you can check it out there. 

But anyway, I am in love with this makeup look. It's so smokey and sultry and I felt so glam. If you guys recreate this or something similar to this then don't forget to hashtag, #katielouisejohnson, so I will be able to find it quicker and so you guys can keep up with everything I'm up to on Twitter and Instagram. 

Also, if you want to, don't forget to follow me on my social medias linked above in my header. 

And, Blogust is going to be starting super soon, if you guys have any suggestions on what I can do or what you guys want to see. Don't forget to leave me a comment in this post down below. 

As always, thank you so much for reading and enjoy a bunch of selfies of me wearing this makeup look because I am obsessed with how I looked wearing it. 











Love,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment