Friday 14 July 2017

HAUL | Newlook, Primark, M&S, KIKO, and more!


Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all well and have had a lovely day. So here it is at long last, this well awaited haul post that I've been going on about for ages. So if you wanna see all of the lovely bits and bobs I've been adding to my wardrobe lately then please keep on reading.


So this first item I actually got to go with my skirt that I wore to the Moscars - Midsummer Oscars for our celebration of Performance Practice. We all had a really lovely time and everyone looked absolutely fabulous. I felt gorgeous in my whole outfit to be honest, from head to toe I felt stunning and I wish I had more opportunities to dress up and go to events like this one. This went so well with my skirt and it definitely pulled the whole look together. 

Now those of you who know me, know that I don't really wear crop tops or bralettes because I am not slim in the slightest so if I wear shorter tops or crop-esk tops I have to be able to tuck it into something, whether that is a skirt or trousers etc. It just makes me feel more confident than having it all hang out if you know what I mean. But this crop top bralette style top, I think it is just gorgeous and I had to have it.

 The main thing that drew me to this was the scallop pattern around the boobs - which is so flattering by the way. This is a really nice fit and it is essentially like a sports bra and it sits in the middle area between under my boobs and my belly button if you know what I mean. Which means it's great to wear just as a normal crop top/ bralette or tuck into skirts and high waisted trousers or jeans etc.

The material is also really nice, it's really fitted which is definitely what you want in tops like this as I don't want my boobs falling out. When I wore this I wore a bra with it which you can do, it might be better to go for a strapless bra if you're bothered about things like that. You can definitely go braless with this if you wanted to and were comfortable with that as it is the same shape as a bra and will hold you in because of the material and the tightening of the straps at the back. But for me personally, I feel really weird not wearing a bra and going out without a bra on. I just don't like it personally. 

But I love this crop top bralette style top. Perfect for summer and definitely will be able to be style for winter with trousers and a cardigan or a skirt and tights etc. They also have one in black which I think I'm definitely going to have to also go and buy. 

From: Newlook 
Price: £9.99




This next item I didn't actually buy. I was kindly given it by my friend Meg as she said it was too long for her and her mum and she knows I like tops like this one. So she gave it to me and it actually fits, which I was very surprised about considering its a medium. And it is super nice on, so I thought I'd include it in this haul. 

So it's just this really simple burgundy oversized top with long sleeves. The material is slightly thin which means it'll be handy to wear during autumn but also through the end of summer when it starts to get colder again. I'm not sure if you can tell but on the back it has this small triangle cut out with a more chiffon type of material which just adds a nice touch. It fits really comfortably, I'll definitely be wearing this for uni in the autumn with a pair of leggings and my doc martin style boots or my brown ugg boots. If you're shorter than me (5'10/11) you could probably get away with wearing this as a dress. I'm also not sure if you can still buy this anywhere because I'm not sure how long Meg and her mum had it before they gave it to me. 

From: Newlook
Price: £22.99 


So this next item seems to be one that everyone has and that is a bardot top. Now my only trouble with these is they don't actually stay sat across my shoulders they just end up riding up to the top of my shoulders. Which is still fine as that feels nicer to wear for me personally. So this is from the curves section and it's really soft and super comfy and a nice bright pink colour - perfect for summer. I can't wait to wear it. 

From: Newlook 
Price: £9.99




Now we have got these beautiful pink patch work tapered trousers and I am obsessed with them. I absolutely love them. I love all of the colours and the patterns within them. They are also so comfortable and fit really well. The material isn't thick, it's just crepe ish if any of you guys know what I mean, but either way I felt really cool in these trousers when I wore them to my auntie's party last weekend. They also have these cute little pom pom/ tassels detailing which is so cute. They sit just above my ankle and I love them. I'm definitely gonna wear these a lot during summer. 

From: River Island
Price: £28.00 



Apologies for the images being in different places. I actually took those other pictures a few weeks ago whilst I was still at uni. But this jumper is what I actually bought when I went to Oxford on Wednesday with my mum and how gorgeous is it. It's this beautiful pink colour, it's actually looking really light and baby pink on camera due to the weird lighting today, apologies. But it's actually a really warm toned light pinky coral colour and it's stunning. It's that proper heavy slouchy feeling material which I love in my jumpers, those are my favourite kind of jumpers. It's got this gorgeous peep hole detail on the back with a small ribbon to tie together. 



Yeah as you can see, the camera and the lighting just kept changing the colour. But the picture on the right is the most true to it's actual colour. But seriously look at that detail! It is absolutely gorgeous. Honestly it's just me in a jumper as pink is my favourite colour and floral patterns and details are my favourite. I'm so excited to wear this with a pair of jeans and some boots etc. A really nice transition piece to go from summer to autumn and plus, it was in the bloody sale! 

From: M&S
Price: £17.00 (sale price)


 

Moving on from clothes to home ware. I have become really obsessed with home ware lately, must be to do with the fact that I'm growing up. But one thing I love at the minute is pretty pillows. As you can see from both these images I've got a load of pillows behind this one. But anyway, this is my newest addition to the family. It's a gorgeous mauve pinky suede material with these beautiful gold triangles all across it. It's so soft and comfy to lay on as well as looking gorgeous on my bed. Plus, it makes a great laptop tray for me. 

From: Newlook 
Price: £5.00 (sale price) 


I absolutely love stationary and cute notebooks; and lately I've been feeling really appreciative of everything in my life and so I got this beautiful little thankful diary. You don't have to write in it every single day which is good, it has a blank space with 'date' written and gives you three blank spaces to write up to three things you're thankful for on certain days. I don't use this every single day but when I'm feeling a certain way or in a certain mood, that's when I'll usually reach for this and write whatever I'm feeling thankful for on that certain day. 
This is such a nice idea for presents or to tell your close friends and family that you're thankful for them. I'm also looking forward to reading back through this in a years time or however long as a nice keepsake. 

From: Wilko
Price: £2.50



Moving onto jewellery now, this is my new favourite piece of fashion jewellery. You know for those days to go with a certain outfit to when you're in the mood to spice up an outfit with a certain jewellery. My go to jewellery colour is silver, I don't own loads of gold and when I do it's normally really bold statement pieces like this. 

This ring is actually so comfy to wear and fits perfectly. I was surprised how easy it was to go about my everyday life - it didn't get caught on anything or pull on my clothes etc. I just love the details within the moon and the star, it shines gorgeously in the light and I absolutely love the moon, the stars, and space etc. I find it also really compliments my skin. 

From: Accessorize
Price: £5.00 



Continuing with jewellery, I got this really pretty gold hamsa hand necklace with like moonstone pearls in and it's so pretty. I love hamsa hand jewellery and tattoos and things like that as it's all very spiritual and I want to be more spiritual and care free in my life. I absolutely love this, again the gold compliments my skin, and it's a perfect piece for summer. 

From: Primark
Price £0.50p (bargain!) 




I saw this little trinket dish and I just had to have it. It's a gorgeous shinny rose gold colour with really pretty patterned details on and when I saw it I just couldn't not buy it. I find trinket dishes really handy and add cute little details to your room. This is currently sat on my bedside table and just looks adorable next to my flamingo candle holder. 

From: Primark
Price: £3.00 


Another cute room accessory is this gorgeous marble patterned hexagon photo holder with a gold spiral to hold the photo. There were other shape sizes, such as square and a triangle I think but I thought the hexagon looked the most appealing. I may get another to match but this is currently super cute just sitting on my bed side table. It's just a really nice home ware decoration to add to my room. 

From: Primark
Price: £1.50


I got this gorgeous nail varnish from the Chester market on the beauty stand. I absolutely love this colour; metallic shades are super big this summer and funnily enough, the shade name is metallic. This colour in particular really compliments my skin and makes my nails look longer (even though they're long anyway) which you can see better in the ring and necklace images above. I am obsessed with this shade and when I had it on, it lasted for a good week or just over. I really like the W7 nail polishes and would love to get a few more. 

From: The Chester Market 
Price: £1.99 


Recently I have been thinking about how I want to use my filofax next year. As I currently am using a week on two pages which is fine but during Performance Practice, I had one specific notebook that had everything in, including a diary of the time from May- mid June that I made a bullet journal and had one day per page as I didn't know how busy we'd be on certain days and how much space I would need to plan the days. I really enjoyed that way of working as it meant I could fit everything on the page for the day. So I need to make a decision as to whether buy another week on two pages diary or buy a lot of plain filofax paper and do a bullet journal style monthly planner within my filofax. 

But because of all of that and I know how busy I'm gonna be in third year, I've been browsing around to find really nice planner accessories to use to plan (obviously), and I found this tropical sticky note set that I thought was lovely, and it's got flamingos on which I am absolutely obsessed with right now. I've been using these a lot lately to plan and I love them, they're working in my planner really well at the minute. 

From: Poundland
Price: £1.00 



 Continuing with the planner accessory vibes, I found these absolutely adorable cat post it notes and cats are my favourite animals. They're just absolutely adorable and there's 8 different cats post its to choose from and there's 15 sticky notes in each design. So considering how cheap they were I got a lot for the price. 

I currently have these guys sitting in the pockets at the front of my planner similar to the way they're sat in this packet. They look so adorable and it's like their my planner pals, haha. I'll definitely be buying some more.

From: The Works
Price: £0.79p (bargain!) 



























I got this really pretty bandana simply because I really liked the pattern and the material is so soft and silky. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to wear it in my hair or as an accessory. But either way, I'm not too fussed as it was in the sale.

From: Primark 
Price: £1.00


























This was another kind of impulse buy but this is a lunch bag which will come in quite handy because half the time my lunch takes up so much space in my bag at uni and I saw this and felt this would be really handy for third year when I need more space in my bag for actual uni stuff and not food, haha. Plus, it's got cactus' on it and it's baby pink. I just couldn't say no to that!

From: Primark
Price: £0.50p (bargain, again!) 



























Moving onto some makeup items, firstly apologies for the bed sheet cover change. I bought these items on Wednesday as well. 

I finally got a rainbow highlighter! I've been wanting one for absolutely ages and recently Makeup Revolution came out with this one, so I decided to get it to give it a try. I Heart Makeup also have one out which I was tempted to get as it's in the shape of a heart, however they have the same amount of product in and Makeup Revolution's one was slightly cheaper so I decided just to go for this one.

Look at that glimmering shine on all of those colours, I'm so excited to use this and give it a go. Now there's actually going to be no swatches of this in this haul because I want to do a first impression of it when I first use it. Although I was very tempted to have a cheeky sneaky preview of all these, I held back for when I do a first impression which will be coming super soon! Promise, just hang tight my lovelies. 

From: Superdrug
Price: £4.00 


























And finally, some more makeup! Firstly, apologies for the colour change in both of these photos, I've only just noticed but never mind, let's move past it. 

But if you guys remember a little while ago I tested out some KIKO makeup and I was so shocked at how good the smart eyeshadow range was so good considering the price. I was so impressed. So like the makeup addict I am, I bought some more. I never knew Oxford had it's own KIKO shop so of course I went in and there was a sale! So everything was on sale, literally everything was on sale in the shop and I love KIKO because the price range really varies and I really wanna try more of their products such as foundations, lip sticks, and mascaras etc. But I picked up some more eyeshadows in the shades 12 and 25. 



























The shades swatched; Shade 25 is this really pretty pearly yellow and it's gorgeous. I never use yellow eyeshadows and I thought why not? So I'm gonna have a play around with this stunning yellow shade and if not in the summer when can you wear yellow on your eyes? 

Shade 12 is again this really gorgeous in between rose gold and bronze shade. It's very soft and subtle which will be nice for everyday if you didn't want to wear anything too heavy.

I'm really excited to play around with both of these shades. If you guys haven't tried KIKO eyeshadow I'd really recommend them, they're so good. They're normally £2.50 which is incredible anyway, but they were like 40% off or something like that. 

From: KIKO
Price: £1.75 each (bargains at their finest)


Right guys, that's it for this haul. It was a pretty long one and I hope you all enjoyed. Let me know in the comments what all you guys have been purchasing lately. 

Don't forget guys if you want to keep up to date with me then you can follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest which are all linked in the header at the top of my blog. And don't forget to #katielouisejohnson on Twitter and Instagram as it will help you guys to find me much quicker to see what I'm up to and will help me notice your comments and things faster as well. 

Also, if you missed my last post, you can now follow me on Google+ via my little box in my side bar, if you have a Google+ account all you have to do is literally click the button that says follow and voila, couldn't be easier. 

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed and I will see you in my next post which is going to be a get ready with me for a summer party! Stay tuned and until then,


Love,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment