Sunday 5 April 2015

Lush: Hoppity Poppity Bunny Bathbomb Review


Hoppity Poppity Bathbomb Review 



Hello my lovelies and Happy Easter Sunday to everyone! I hope you're all having a great day in however you're celebrating. I am just sat at home eating my Easter egg and drinking some pepsie as we don't really do anything on Easter Sunday apart from eat chocolate. 

However, first and foremost I need to say to all of you I am very sorry for not posting anything for almost two months. I just needed a break because I've been so busy with drama school and uni auditions with learning monologues etc. Not to mention, I've still got some still to learn for Friday. But auditions are almost looming to a close within these next two weeks and I am really excited for them to be over because I've realised that drama school at the moment isn't for me because I'm not completely used to learning and studying monologues. I'd rather go to university or an arts university for the next three years of my education. I really wanna go to Bournemouth Arts University because their course looks really good, I love Bournemouth in general, and I can see myself fitting in there nicely. Anyway back to what this post is actually about. 


Lush Description: 
Sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you're down, bounce back with this fantastically fizzy little bunny, who has been burrowing amongst fresh violet leaf and lavender. Drop this restorative rabbit into the bath for a fresh, herbal experience which will leave you feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Popping candy adds a little fun.

Ingredients: 

Sodium Bicarbonate 
Citric Acid 
Popping Candy 
Violet Leaf Absolute 
Lavender Absolute 
Perfume 
Limonene 
Linalool 
Alpha Isomethyl Lonone 
Benzyl Alcohol 
Benzyl Benzoate 
Benzyl Salicylate 
Citronellol 
Colour 45410 
Colour 14700
Colour 17200 
Frosty Holly Lustre 

I don't know what every single one of these ingredients do, but these combined some how made this adorable little bunny. So as you can see he is white with green specks in along with a pink heart nose and pink eyes. This little bunny he looks really cute and I don't really know what I was expecting from it, I thought because it was apart of their Easter range that it would leave a bit of an impression, but it didn't to be honest. 

From this picture you can see, even though it was fizzing away, it didn't really do anything to the water. It didn't change it's colour despite it being blue and pink inside the bathbomb. The only thing it did to the water was add a bit of a sheen to the top layer which you could only see in certain lights which is why I couldn't get a photo to show you guys.

However, even though it did nothing amazing to the actual bath, I really liked the smell of it. I was unsure of the smell when I first bought it but as it fizzed away and the particles broke down it smelled lovely. It's main smell was lavender with lime oil but it wasn't super over powering as lavender is a dominant scent. I also enjoy it because the smell lingered in my bathroom after, it didn't completely go away like I find some of the scents do. I really loved the smell in the end and I would recommend this bathbomb for men actually. 

The reason I'd recommend it for men is because the smell isn't sweet and the water doesn't turn a super bright colour with it. So if you're a guy or have a boyfriend/husband/partner who isn't into super strong scents or colourful things this would be a good bathbomb to get them even though it's in a certain collection. It doesn't look manly whatsoever but for what it does I think it is a more man's kind of treat than a women's in my personal opinion. 

Overall I did like the smell but I didn't like that it didn't really do anything amazing to my bathbomb and most importantly, it didn't make me want to repurchase it in the future. 

Price: £2.50 

Katie's Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment