Sunday 5 April 2015

Disney Series: Princess Merida - Brave Makeup Tutorial


Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well and are enjoying your two weeks off. I know I am because I broke up from college a week later than everyone else. My year and I don't know why but that's just our college for you. Anyway, I am finally doing this Merida inspired look for my Disney Princess makeup series. I am really sorry I didn't post this last month, just recently whenever I've had time to do it when I'm at home not doing anything special, I couldn't be bothered to put makeup on and I wasn't in the mood to do it. But I've finally done it you guys and this look is inspired by Merida's dress and hair. So I hope you enjoy. 

Step 1: 


Firstly I took a brown transition shade in my crease and then applied two coats of teal over the top and winged it out slightly on a flat eyeshadow brush. 

Step 2: 


I took the same shade of teal again and just made the wing a bit more prominent. 

Step 3: 


I then took a lighter teal shade on the same flat eyeshadow brush with bits of glitter in as every princess needs a little bit of glitter (if you look closely you can see small sliver dots which is the small dots of it in the shadow) 

Step 4: 


This next bit was probably my favourite of the whole thing. I took a bit of red with some copper to represent her hair and just ran that along my lower lashline and out along the wing. I blended it out a little bit underneath with a fluffy brush. 

Step 5: 

 

I applied makeup to the rest of my face: foundation, concealer, highlighter, and did my brows. 

Then I took a golden yellow shade and put it in my inner corners to represent the gold patterned cuffs on her dress. Then added mascara. 


Step 6: 





















Finally I applied a natural lipgloss colour as the eyes had a lot going on so we didn't need the lips to have a statement shade. I took my hair out of my plaits to get a Merida hair vibe (even though no ones hair can be as bouncy as Merida's) and that's it. 

This is probably one of the most simple disney princess tutorials as the colours are easy and the way they're put together is pretty simple. 

I hope you all enjoyed my inspired Princess Merida look and my next look is Princess Tiana from Princess and the Frog which I am really looking forward to because her dress is filled with different shades of greens and a light golden yellow which I am really looking forward to recreating into an eye look for you all. 

Bye for now but I will be back very soon as me and my girl Chloe are going to Oxford on Tuesday and let me tell you, there's going to be a big Primark Haul coming your way next week! 

Bye for now, 

Katie 

xoxoxoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment