Wednesday 5 April 2017

LIFE UPDATE: Where have I been?


Hey my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a lovely Easter break if you've already broken up. So I suppose you're main question is, where the hell have I been all month? I've already tried to do an update type of post about what has been going on, however I decided against uploading it because the post itself felt a bit too harsh because at the time I was writing it I was in an emotional state of frustration and unhappiness. Overall, all you guys really need to know is that March was a really tough month for me and I was almost at the point of breaking and falling apart. Which is not referring to all the assessments and essays I had due in last month, I got through all of those and they were fine. I had deal with, what felt like, a lot of unnecessary situations which was affecting my happiness in general. Basically, March was a massive tough test as to what I can handle and I am more than happy to see the back of and move onto April. 

So I've been doing really well recently on my assessments and average (which is good for me) on my essays. Been getting 2:2 in my essays and marks ranging from 2:1 to 1:1 in my assessments, which is fab! All of the work over this term seems worth it for those marks. Aside from my course, my role of President of Drama Society has officially come to an end. It was a road full of highs and lows but in the end it was all worth it.  


Drama Society 2017

I am insanely proud of every single person in this photo above. It has been a joy to guide them and see them all improve as performers from the very start of the year before we did the Christmas show up until this very moment now after we just finished Made in Dagenham. The road was never easy to get this point, but it was all worth it. Knowing that these guys had fun and enjoyed themselves in the process is all the fulfilment I need from doing this job over the past year. It's crazy to think it's all over, it still only felt like five minutes. Thank you to all of the society members, the help we had along the way, and of course to my other amazing team members, I couldn't have done this without you. I learned a lot form this opportunity and I would do it all over again if I had the opportunity. It definitely has made it easier to define that I'd love to have my own theatre company one day in the future. This experience has been a joy and I will treasure this forever. 

I am excited to see where the new committee take the society next year and even though it will be strange to not be running the society, I am more than excited to come back to be in the shows next year. I've missed performing for the pure joy and happiness it makes me feel. 

Apart from my course and Drama Society, you may be wondering what's happening next term? 

Well next term is going to be super exciting as we're starting Performance Practice! Which is where we are going to work for six weeks to put together a Shakespeare classic, A Midsummer Night's Dream. Set in 1969/1970 at a festival full of rock'n'roll - it's going to be insane! I am so excited to get working on it. We had the choice of auditioning for an acting role or interviewing for the production team. I was originally going to go for both but we learned if you want to go for production you have to 100% commit as once you've decided what you'd rather work on for the next six weeks, you can't go back. I wasn't striving to be a certain role in the play compared to some other people in my year auditioning and I've been in a lot of different shows, so I decided to do something different for a change and decided to go on the production team. I am costume designer/manger along with one of my other friends. There's only ten of us in total on our production team, so we're close-nit which is quite nice and I think we're gonna work together really well. All of us are so excited to get started it is unreal, next term is gonna be incredible! 




Another exciting and quite terrifying event next term, my 20th birthday! Exactly a month away. I can't believe I'm 20 in a matter of weeks, the teenage years are officially coming to an end - what a crazy six years of my life, haha. So to celebrate my closest friends and I are off out for a meal at my favourite place, Nandos. Then we're gonna go out and have lots and lots of alcoholic beverages with even more of my uni pals and drama society family. I'm super happy and hopefully everyone can come along - it will be a fab day! 

As for plans for my month off, there's not much going on other than meeting up with Chloe, Heather, and Charlie and catching up etc. Let me know what you guys have planned for the Easter holidays and what you're planning to do for Easter. 

I've got a lot of blog post ideas planned and some I just need to do in general. I've been going out and shopping a lot recently, with limited funds so that's always good, but it does mean I can do a massive haul post for you guys. Just let me know if you'd want to see that. I'm trying to think of some Easter based posts for you guys, so if you have any suggestions let me know.

Well that's it for now guys, I will talk to you again soon.  



Love,

Katie 


No comments:

Post a Comment