Thursday 13 April 2017

Collective Haul: Primark, Superdrug, Peacocks, & More!


Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a good week. So as promised in my last post, it's time for this gigantic haul. I really am not exaggerating, there are so many things and I am realising this is why I never have any money... 

Anyway, worth it because of how many good things are in fashion at the minute! I just need to make clear that I did not buy these all in one go. All of these were bought in small doses and have now come together for this massive haul. So, if you do wanna see what I've been purchasing for Spring then please keep on reading! 


At the minute in the UK, the weather is a bit all over the place. Some days it's warm and dry and then the next day its cold and wet. Which is no surprise as that's the classic British spring/summer time weather. But either way, on those warmer days I don't want to go out in a super thick cardigan. If I have them on at the minute I'm too warm and if I take them off then I'm too cold - I cannot win! So as much as I love them I think it's time to move on and find some different kind jackets to wear as we move into the warmer months of the year. 

























Firstly I've got this stunning black duster coat/jacket which I absolutely love! It's a thin chiffon type of material - so it's going to keep me nice and cool on those warmer days and nights but still give me a little bit of material to keep my arms warm. If you know me well, you'll know I am a sucker when it comes to anything with lace on and this lace around the hem gives the jacket a bit more of an edge instead of just being a classic black jacket. It's crazy how a small detail to a piece of clothing can really make it eye catching.

I love this, I cannot wait to wear this - I'll wear it most likely during the day and on nights out as well. 

From: River Island
Price: £20.00 




























I have another gorgeous jacket. It's looking a bit washed out in these photos, but in real life its a really pretty blush pink which is just me all over. It's definitely more of an everyday jacket - it has some nice fake pocket detailing to give it a bit more depth. It fits me really well and is super soft and comfortable to wear. I'm really looking forward to wearing it. 

From: Very
Price: £30.00 

Now moving onto a big bulk of this haul which is of course Primark! Whenever I go into Primark I always come out with something. I can never just go in there to "browse", I always end up buying something. I have to say though Primark are doing some incredible fashion pieces for this years Spring/Summer collection that I desperately want to buy all of. I can't get over how many good things they have in right now - nice one Primark. A lot of fashion items in there feel very 60s esk which I am absolutely loving. 



























So the first item I've bought is this simple lilac top. I've been really into shorter length tops at the minute and I have no idea why - I normally don't like them but for some reason at the moment I am really feeling the vibes. This top is ridiculously comfortable and it's so soft - I absolutely love wearing it. I also love the little tie at the front. 

From: Primark
Price: £6.00 



 Next we have this adorable tshirt. This screams summer to me which is what I thought when I picked this up. I was just extremely drawn to the pattern - again I feel like it's very 60s esk which I love! Again it's just a really nice soft material and super comfy to wear. It's not a super long top, it covers just below my stomach. It looks really nice with a pair of blue jeans and a pair of white lace ups. I love the little sleeve detailing and it's just a really nice casual tshirt. 

From: Primark
Price: £6.00 



























Another fashion item I've been really getting back into are playsuits. I haven't had a playsuit that I really like and feel comfortable wearing for a couple of years. But recently Primark have been bringing loads of different ones in for their new collection. There's a lot of different ones in there at the minute with different patterns and materials - again a few of them feel very 60s inspired. My friend Jen got a red and white gingham one which looks absolutely stunning on her and that one was like a more of a cooling material - not soft. I'm not sure what you'd describe it as. I tried a blue stripe one on in the same material as Jen's and that was just too tight and did not look flattering on my body at all. 

So I found this plain black one which is just really nice soft cotton material with a bit of V neck to give a nice feminine touch. It just has an elasticated waist band which makes them super comfy to wear. These playsuits are super easy to dress up and to dress down. You can pair them with absolutely anything and they just work. Perfect for casual day to day or for a night out paired with some tights, heels, and a nice jacket.

I love it and I've already worn it so much already. I loved it so much, that I got another one!


























I absolutely adore this pattern! I am a true floral girl at heart. Again, really comfy cotton material with an elasticated waist band. Once again, super easy to wear day to day or to dress up to go on a night out. I love these playsuits, I hope Primark bring out some more! 

From: Primark 
Price: £6.00 (each) 


























I got a mint green/turquoise hair towel simply because I needed a new hair towel. I had two already but I've had them for quite a few years and they get used every other day, so it was time for a new one. I love this colour and the little heart gem sealed the deal. 

From: Primark
Price: £1.30 


























So this next purchase was extremely random. I was in Primark with my friend Katie and we were having a browse round their holiday section - there are so many nice swim wear options so go and definitely check those out, but anyway we were around the sunglasses bit and we saw this case. I absolutely fell in love with it, I loved the pattern and the colour scheme but unfortunately this case is a sunglasses case and I can't wear sunglasses because I wear glasses every day. So we were stood in front of the stand thinking, What else can we use this for? I pulled my phone out my pocket and drop it in - perfect. 

It's the perfect size to fit my iPhone 6 comfortably and keep it safe. This is so much better for me as I usually just throw it in my bag and then I can't find it. Whereas keeping it in this little pouch means I always know where it is, it's another layer of protection for it, and it makes my phone look even more adorable. 

From: Primark
Price: £2.50 





























As summer is approaching it means it is time to whack out one of my favourite types of shoes - sandals! I love sandals, I think I have more sandals than any other type of shoes if I'm being honest. Whenever it's a nice day I'll always whack the sandals out because my feet are one my favourite parts of my body, most people hate their feet but I love mine because they're not too small and not too big - in my opinion they're quite feminine. So I love getting them out in pretty sandal shoes. 

So I saw these and at first I didn't know what to make of them, they're not like any other sandals I've really had before. Something within me was telling me to buy them so clearly I bought them and I am so happy I did. Since I bought them I've been wearing them non-stop which is why they're a bit dirty at the front (apologies). I've been quite obsessed with denim at the minute and the straps as you can see are like a classic denim blue - so to me they feel like every day summer sandals. Nothing too fancy but nothing too boring. The straps are kind of a suede like material - super smooth and super soft which I love. And the most important factor they are ridiculously comfy! They have a bit of a raised sole which makes them extremely comfy to walk in. Considering they're cheap most of the time with cheap sandals the soles are pretty thin but these aren't which are a massive bonus. I'll be wearing these all through summer - I love them. 

From: Primark
Price: £8.00 






























I got a new bag at last! Backpacks are officially the biggest trend of 2017. I never thought I'd ever use a backpack again after year 7 (let's not be reminded of that era of our lives, I'm sure most of you will know what I mean) but here we are again in year 15 (university 2nd year) back with a backpack again. I did have that red one from Debenhams if some of you remember that one and I really loved it. But now I've used it so much that it's just wearing away a bit now. So I decided it was time for a new one and I'd been searching for a while for the right one. My friend Em has a backpack from Primark, one of those smaller more compact ones - they're £7.00. Although they're really nice they're just not for me. They're just too small for me, I carry a lot of stuff around day to day and those small compact bags just wouldn't fit my daily essentials in. 

I saw this one and instantly fell in love, I just had to get it. The size is perfect for day to day - it fits in my phone, my purse, my makeup and daily essentials bag. That is all I carry every day so it's a perfect size. It also has enough space to fit a notebook in which will be perfect for next term as I'm only carrying around one notebook as we're doing one unit for 6 weeks. 

I adore this blush/baby pink colour - it's just me in a bag, the size is perfect, the material feels really nice and it feels good quality therefore hopefully it'll last a while, it hangs really nicely on my bag, and best of all it's practical. I don't have to swap arms all the time as the weight is evenly distributed on my back. 

From: Primark
Price: £9.00 


Natural Daylight 
No Light

 I think these are new as I haven't seen them in Primark until now. But they've brought out these lip kit type products which includes a lip liner and a liquid lipstick. I'm assuming they're trying to do their own cheaper version of the Kylie lip kits. 

 They have either matte or metallic ones but I love metallic products so I bought this one from the metallic range and it is in the shade Molten Lava. 

As you can see it's just a gorgeous metallic copper golden rose colour and on your lips is just gorgeous. This shade would be absolutely beautiful on darker skin tones. I'll be honest, the lip liner doesn't really work as a lip liner. It looks really pretty to look at in swatches but on the lips it just doesn't really do anything. I'm not sure what I'm gonna use it for, I may test it as an eyeliner or an eye glow type thing. But the actual liquid lipstick is really good. The colour is really opaque and it doesn't dry matte but it does dry slightly - it's quite satiny. Either way, I'd recommend them if you're looking for a lip kit that is not Kylie's because they are hella expensive. But I think this range has some nice colours and for the price you can't complain. 

From: Primark
Price: £3.00 


























I bought another pink lip product, yes I am obsessed. This is another one of their Velvet Matte Lipstick Crayons to add to my growing collection. If you guys haven't ever used these, where the hell have you been? These lipstick crayons are ridiculously amazing for the price they are. They are so pigmented, opaque, the dry quickly, they're super easy to apply, and they last all day. This is the shade Ballerina, it's more of a mauve pink colour, it's actually a shade darker than their Nude as that's more pink toned. But I think this one is more of a mauve brown kind of pink toned shade. Either way cant wait to wear it, I love it already. I also got Chloe one for her birthday. 

From: Primark
Price: £1.00


This next purchase was definitely an impulse buy. I did not need to buy this as you can clearly see that it's a gift bag but look at it. They were selling all of these bags off for 50p! I couldn't not buy it for 50p! It has my favourite Disney princess in the middle and the bag is just adorable so I had to have it. I will actually use it though, I'm gonna use it as a bag to put extra things in that wont fit in my bag or take it to town and carry bits of shopping in. Obviously nothing too heavy as it is a gift bag but it is beautiful and was totally worth it. 

From: Primark
Price: 0.50p 




Right this is the final thing from Primark, I promise. I know there has been A LOT from Primark but they've just got so much good stuff in right now. So I got these really pretty gold rings in a pack of six. As you can see there's some floral, diamond, and coloured gem rings. I'm not normally a fan of gold rings but ever since I bought these I can't stop wearing them. Especially the two on my ring finger in the photo on the left. I wear these everyday at the minute and I've worn each ring at least twice. Big, big, big fan of these. If you can find them go and buy yourself a pack. 

From: Primark
Price: £1.00 




These days I am always on the hunt for new jeggings that look good and more importantly that are comfy. I absolutely hate feeling really restricted and tight in a piece of clothing I'm gonna wear all day. I used to hate jeans and jeggings that felt like jeans. Waaay back a few years ago my holy grail jeans were the H&M soft jegging type things - they looked like jeans but were leggings when you put them on. those were the comfiest things ever but unfortunately they were discontinued. Which mean't I really needed to find some new jeans. I have a huge mix of different ones now which are all really comfy and perfect for casual day to day wear. 

Recently these ones in the style of Kate from Peacocks have become my new favourite things. I've had this pair for quite a while now and they're my new favourite jeggings. They're super comfy to wear and just scream casual. Plus, they're not super short on me for once! As I'm tall I have major issues with jeans and jeggings being too short for my legs as I have quite long legs. But luckily, these sit right on my ankles which is where I need them to sit!

I love them, I love their fit and I love their colour. They're really good quality. If you're looking for a good pair of jeggings, take a trip to Peacocks. 


Love them so much I got them in the same blue as above, just cropped for the warmer months of the year and of course a black pair. Everyone has to have at least one colour of each denim jean - light, medium blue, and black. I'm gonna get so much wear out of these. 

From: Peacocks
Price: £12.00 (each) 



Continuing with the leg wear items of this haul, I've got some more snazzy trousers! I am obsessed with these. They are extremely comfy and cool - perfect for summer time, I love the colours and the pattern on the trousers, again they sit on my ankles so they're a good length for my legs. I wore these the other day with my cropped Lilac top and denim sandals mentioned above and I felt so 80s esk. I bloody loved it. 

I feel like my fashion style is becoming a bit more out of the box and creative whilst still being into the same type of clothes. Just the way I'm choosing to wear my clothes is more fun and I love it! There are so many of these snazzy trousers out and about at the minute, there's a few in Primark that I want and I wanna find some other places that have things like this, so if you guys know anywhere that has any. Let me know in the comments!


From: Matalan
Price: £12.00 


























I got some notebooks! I have a ridiculous amount of really pretty notebooks that I love. It is a goal in the future to have a book shelf full of really pretty notebooks like these filled with creations, ideas, opinions, plans, journals etc. These were both from The Works. I am obsessed with that shop right now, I am getting some many nice little things from there for an amazing price. If you guys are into planning, scrap booking, crafting, or bullet journaling. I'd highly recommend you go in there and have a look around. They have so many nice notebooks that I desperately want but do not need. 

From: The Works
Price: £3.00 (each) 


Popping back to the beauty side of things now, I got some more Micellar cleansing water. I love this stuff, it is one of my holy grail products. I'd highly recommend this to anyone it's just that good at what it does and more it's ridiculous. 

From: Superdrug 
Price: £3.00 


I feel like these Colorista hair dyes from L'Oreal are all over the place right now. Everyone is talking about them and raving about them so I just had to get some. If you guys follow me on Twitter you'll know I did have 3 hair dyes. A peach, pink, and a lilac. But I've already tested the lilac colour and it definitely worked and it looked so damn nice, I really loved it. I wanted to review these for you guys but I am waiting until I get my haircut and when I put my ombre back into my hair as you have to have blonde to use these colours in particular. 

But these are great as they have colours for blondes and brunettes so it's catered to more than one hair colour which is nice. I feel like most of the time these kind of things are only catered to blondes. The lilac worked well so I have high hopes for these two shades. It's a great idea for something fun to have for the summer months for festivals and things and it's also great if you know you'd never dye your hair a permanent bright colour but you can test one that lasts a week and washes out. It's not going to do any real damage to your hair because it's just a bit of fun. L'Oreal have released these at a great time as I can tell loads of people will be raving about these for spring and summer. 

From: Superdrug
Price: £6.99 (each or 3for2 in Superdrug) 


Carrying on the obsession with the colour lilac, I got a lilac nail polish. This is from Maybelline in the shade 21 Lilac Wine. This colour is a proper opaque beautiful pastel shade - absolutely sublime for spring. I've been meaning to paint it on my nails all week but just haven't got round to it yet. It's currently on my toe nails though and it's gorgeous. Super bright and feminine. Considering it's only a 60 seconds polish, it's lasting really well on my toes as I've been out in sandals and open toe shoes a lot this week. 

From: Boots
Price: £2.99 



I finally got a new mascara! Unfortunately I just wasn't feeling my Maybelline Colossal Spider Effect mascara anymore, I needed a change, my lashes we're over it. I have tried other mascara's but I always go back to Maybelline. In my opinion they are the best drugstore mascaras. It doesn't matter what mascara it is, I will like it because I just think they are really good for drugstore. One mascara that is probably my ultimate favourite is this one. Every time I go back to it I wonder why I left it or I didn't repurchase it when I went to buy a new mascara. Maybelline The Falsies I feel like was in everyones makeup bags in the early 2010s - everyone raved about it and honestly it's still worth raving about. It makes my lashes super long with just the right amount of volume and it separates them perfectly. And because of the shape of the wand I get a nice curved lash effect. I adore this mascara. 

From: Boots 
Price: £6.99 






 These next three items I have to do together because I purchased them together. I got these three makeup goodies from the Chester Market place on the beauty stand. I cannot remember how much they were each, however in total it was £3.90 or something. 

So I got two lip liners from Laval and I've never tried this brand before but there are loads products form this brand on the stand so I thought I'd try some. I saw thesr two gorgeous lip liners in Coffee and Spice Rose. They are absolutely stunning. As you can see in the swatches on my hand they are really opaque. I wore Coffee the other day and it was actually really creamy and easy to apply to my lips and blended really easy with the lipstick I put over the top. I really like these so far and I'm excited to see how they look with other colours.






This next product is also from the Chester Market beauty stand and it is a lipstick from Rimmel in the shade Vintage Kiss. It's absolutely stunning as you can see. It is this gorgeous deep rich mauve neutral pink with a small hint of metallic shine as you can see in the swatch. I love Rimmel lipsticks - extremely pigmented, extremely creamy, simply stunning. 


 
























From: Chester Market Place 
Price: £3.90 (total) 




This top I technically didn't buy but I decided to include it anyway because I think it's gorgeous. If you know me and know me well you'll know this is me in a tshirt if there ever was one. This top is right up my street: floral, duck egg blue background (one of my fave colours), pink and white roses (fave colours and fave flower), cute peep hole detail (just too adorable to not love) = KATIE J. 

So this top actually used to be my mums and she asked me if I'd like to have it as she's only worn it like twice and she thinks I'll get more wear out of it than she will which is very kind of her. I love this top I think you could wear it with jeans for a casual look or you could dress it a little with a white pencil skirt and some heels maybe. 

Thank you mother. 





Well guys that is finally it for this massive haul. I know it was long and I had quite a bit to say but I hope you enjoyed. I love watching and reading long hauls as I find them interesting so I hope you found this interesting. 

I shall see you again Friday when I am joined with Chloe for a Q&A! Until then, bye for now. 

Love, 

Katie 


No comments:

Post a Comment