Tuesday 11 April 2017

Blushing in Pink for Spring | Everyday Spring Makeup Tutorial



























Hey my lovelies I hope you're all well and are enjoying the Easter holidays. So I hosted a poll recently on my Twitter and my Instagram to ask you guys what you wanted to see next on my blog and although the votes were close, the majority of you said you wanted to see a Spring makeup tutorial. So here it is for ya! So this makeup look above I have been wearing constantly as an everyday makeup look since like mid January- till now and that is crazy considering I don't stick to the same makeup look for more than a month and half maximum. 

So if you wanna get this look and know what I've been wearing on my face for the past 3 months then just keep reading! 


As always, applying my every day base first: 

  • Maybelline Better Skin in 05 Light Beige 
  • Then taking my go to concealer as always, the Lasting Perfection concealer in Fair from Collection under my eyes drawn in a triangle and taken down my cheeks, along my nose, on my forehead, around the sides of my nose, on my cupids bow, around my lips, and on my chin. Then of course on any blemish areas that I want to cover. Using my beauty blender from Real Techniques for both my base and my concealer. 
  • Then using another holy grail of mine, the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder in Translucent. Powdering all over my face with my Makeup Revolution F104 powder. 
  • Then I am taking my Ben Nye Banana Powder and baking under my eyes, down my nose, in the middle of my forehead, on my cupids bow, and on my chin using a makeup puff. Baking every where I am going to put highlighter just to really lighten up those areas. 
  • Then moving onto my eyebrows, I'm taking my classic Maybelline Brow Drama brow gel in Dark Brown to just give them some shape, colour, and to set them in place. 
  • Then shaping my face with Makeup Revolution's Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kit in the shade Fair C01. Just taking the contour to sculpt out my cheek bones on an angled brush and buffing it out in circular motions and contouring my nose using my Urban Decay fluffy brush from their Smoky pallet. 
  • Baked both my face contour and my nose contour with Ben Nye's Banana Powder. 
  • Taking Makeup Revolution's F103 stippling brush to apply my blush, Bourjois Extrait 03 a glittery pink shade on the apples of my cheeks.
  • Finally taking Makeup Revolution's F105 angled brush to apply my highlighter, MUA's Pink Shimmer. Placing it on the high points of my cheeks, my forehead, down the bridge and on the tip of my nose, on my cupids bow, and on my chin.




With the base done, moving onto the eyes. I have been obsessed with using the Active Cosmetics interchanging pallet - you can get eyeshadow quads or lip colour quads. I'm only using it for eyeshadows just because the lip colours don't seem to give me any colour. But it's just a simple black pallet casing and can hold up to 4 eyeshadow quads. So you can carry around 16 eyeshadows in total which makes it a great travel pallet!


Unfortunately the colours don't have names but all am I doing is taking the light pink shade on my Real Techniques Base Shadow brush and using that to apply it all over the lid and throughout the crease. Then I'll just apply a bit to my middle finger to intensify that colour on my eyelid. 


























Once I am happy with the colour and the blending of the pink base; taking my finger, I apply some of my Bourjois Extrait 03 to give the eyelid some sparkle as there are small little glitter flecks which you can just about see in these two photos. 

That's the eyeshadow done!


























Next I am taking my current every day mascara which is the Maybelline The Colossal Spider Effect mascara on my top and bottom lashes. 


Moving onto my lips, firstly I am lining them with one of Active Cosmetics lip liners, unfortunately it doesn't have a name, but it's just a super pretty lilac/pink shade as you can see. It's really easy to apply - nice, smooth, and creamy. 


Then finally I am going over the top with an Active Cosmetics lipstick, once again, sadly it does not have a name. But as you can see it's just a super light nude/pink shade - perfect for spring and every day. I love this colour because pink makeup products always look really good on my complexion because I have pink undertones which means products like this really compliment my skin. But also because pink is my all time favourite colour. 





And this is the finished look! 


Well that's it for this post, I hope you guys enjoyed and you found this interesting. Let me know in the comments what makeup products you've been loving this Spring. 

There will be two more posts coming your way this week! Due to the poll results being so close I've decided I'm gonna upload the other two posts this week as well! So in a day or two you will have a massive haul (and when I say massive I ain't joking) and at the end of the week I'll be joined by a very special guest and one of my best friends, Chloe! And we're gonna be doing a Q&A with loads and loads of questions ranging from makeup, to food, to relationships, to sex, and even to conspiracy theories! It's gonna be a good one that you wont want to miss - so stay tuned! 

Anyway, thank you for reading guys and I'll talk to you soon! 

Love, 

Katie 


No comments:

Post a Comment