Monday 18 September 2017

REVIEW | Primark's My Perfect Colour Foundation


Hello my lovelies I hope you're all well and have had a good week. You know I'd normally say weekend but I literally haven't spoken to you in a whole week. I'm very sorry for that. Two out of three of these posts you're gonna see this week were meant to go up last week, but I'm gonna be honest I just couldn't find the motivation to do anything last week. I don't know why, mentally I just didn't want to do anything. But I'm feeling more productive now and I think it's because I've planned this week out in my planner. Either way, the most important thing is I'm back and you guys are gonna get more content this week. 

Anyway, as you can see from the title today I am doing another review for you guys of a new product that has appeared in Primark recently. I think it might be apart of a new range they've brought in but I could be wrong. But either way, when I went shopping a couple of weeks ago I went to the Primark in Milton Keynes which is one of my favourite ones to go to. Now I don't know if this range (if it is an actual new range) is going to have more added to it but when I was in the shop they only had foundations and BB creams I think. 

But if you guys want to know if this £2.50 foundation actually works, then keep on reading. 


























Firstly, I actually really like this packaging. It's really light weight and easy to fit in your makeup bag which makes it great to travel with. I like the simple colour scheme of black, white, and then the space of the foundation colour and it has a screw top. Plus when you take the screw top off it had a little silver peel back seal which is fab because it means you can be sure that no one has used this or tested it before you buy it. 

You get 35ml in this which for £2.50 is actually insane considering I think the average amount of foundation you get in a bottle is 30ml. It also claims to be perfect finish foundation with medium coverage and has a semi-matte finish with vitamin E. Some strong claims considering it's so cheap, now I think about it I think this is the cheapest foundation I've ever tried. I also got the shade porcelain and I'm not joking they had so many shades from as pale as snow to as deep as dark chocolate. 


second application - concentrated areas: cheeks,
around the nose and mouth, and on the chin
one application - all over the face

 Just a heads up guys, this autumnal makeup look you're gonna see in this post will be coming soon so keep your eyes peeled for that one. But anyway, I applied this with my Real Techniques sponge like I do with all of my other foundations and I used my Benefit That Gal brightening face primer on this day as it's what I've been using most recently under my foundation. 

So I just squeezed a bit on the back of my hand but it took me a while to get it out. It honestly feels like the tube is half full but it might also be to do with the hole that's been pierced to get the foundation out is so tiny. But I got it out eventually and that's all that matters. When it eventually came out I just dotted it all over my face and blended it in and it's got a really nice smell - something sweet but I don't know what the smell specifically is. It's actually a really good colour for my face but as you can see in the two images above it doesn't match my neck that well. I'm having real trouble at the minute with finding foundations that match my neck or go with my neck. As I feel like my face is the same colour as my chest but my neck is a completely different shade. Is this just me that has this problem? Let me know if you guys do in the comments below. 

Anyway, this has definitely got pink undertones in this foundation but I think it's got warm ish pink undertones which might be the reason why it looks so crazy in these two images in comparison to my neck because my skin has cool toned pink undertones. It's not that noticeable once I've done the rest of my makeup but it's just something I picked up on. Also just to note, this doesn't oxidise one bit. 




























As for the coverage I was pleasantly surprised. I was putting it on and I was like 'oh damn, that actually covers' and that is just because we know that Primark's makeup has not been the greatest in the past, especially their base products. But I feel like they've really upped their game. It is definitely light-medium coverage but you can build it up to be medium. It covered the majority of my imperfections, i.e. the redness on my cheeks and my nose as well as a few breakouts I've been getting recently. However, it didn't cover the side area of my nose very well or under my eyes that well. But that isn't a massive problem for me considering I always put concealer on those areas anyway. So overall for £2.50 the coverage is not bad. 


Then I just went ahead and applied the rest of my makeup like I would normally do. The foundation did set semi-matte so it might not be for you guys who have dry skin but if you have oily or combination skin like me I'd recommend giving it a go. But everything else I put on top of the foundation sat nicely like it does on any other foundation I've used. So no problems there for any of you guys wondering. And as you can now see, when my full face of makeup is on it matches my neck absolutely fine. 

So this is how the foundations looks after my makeup is finished and then I decided to check back every 3 hours to see how we're looking. 





So this is how my face is looking at 6:00pm, three hours after I'd finished my makeup. There wasn't much change other than my face felt a bit tacky in my t-zone which is where I always get natural oils slightly coming back through during the day, you know like how it feels before you powder it down. So overall, not much change. 







At 9:00pm I took this in artificial light because it was dark outside by this point. But you guys can see that my face has become much shinier than earlier and especially much more oilier in my t-zone areas than before. Where my glasses sit my foundation and concealer etc has worn away but that always happens because I wear my glasses all day long. The area it got most oily and started to break apart a bit was definitely on the sides of my nose and around my mouth, specifically my smile lines. My whole face at this point as well did feel quite tacky but it was mainly my nose and mouth area that felt the worst. I'm hoping you guys can see that as it was hard to focus the camera on.  










And finally at 12:00am (yes I take my makeup off super late) firstly, I am not naked, I have a towel on. And I didn't realise the tail of my eyebrow had come off even though I'm gonna take my makeup off after this anyway. But at this point I honestly couldn't wait to take this makeup off. It was past the point where you could fix this oily mess with powdering with a brush or a makeup puff I think. It felt really oily and wherever you touched it and it left a lot of residue from the oiliness on my finger tips, settled into my smile lines quite a bit, and you could feel that it wasn't set in place anymore. 

BUT...

Before you guys assume what I'm gonna say. Later that week I actually wore this foundation again but this time I used Rimmel's Lasting Finish primer, which is one of my favourite drug store primers by the way. And I sadly didn't get any photos of my face on this day hence because I wasn't really testing it. But I noticed half way through the day (I did my makeup at about 10:00am that morning), around 3:00pm that my face felt much more settled and smoother to the touch, i.e. not oily. I also then noticed as the day carried on that the only places that got a little bit oily was just the sides of my nose and my smile lines which is where I normally get oily the most by the end of the day. 

So overall it goes to show how important primers are in relation to if a product works or not. Benefit's That Gal primer is a brightening primer and it sinks into your skin to give you that inner glow. Maybe that is the reason it didn't get a long the best with this foundation as this foundation is a semi-matte finish. Or maybe the two formula's didn't get on. Whereas Rimmel's Lasting Finish primer is more of a smoother consistency which feels like a layer on top of your skin to blur all of the imperfections, almost like a mask but not thick like an actual face mask. I would say this one doesn't really sink into your skin, just sits on top of it to give you a smooth base for perfect makeup application. Which this foundation loved and got on with much better than the Benefit one. 

Originally when I used the Benefit primer I was going to say this foundation isn't for long periods of wear because of how oily it got after 9 hours of wear. But, after using the Rimmel primer my opinion has completely changed. I don't think this foundation is going to be the one I reach for when I go to a party or on a night out or just when I want my skin to look completely flawless. But, is it good for every day to go to school, work, uni, college, run errands etc. Yes it is. It definitely works and does the job it is supposed to. Is it medium coverage? yes, is it semi-matte finish? yes, and even though it doesn't claim to, does it last the majority of the day? yes. You just need to experiment with your moisturiser or your primer you use it with. It's also worth noting that with both primers, the application looked exactly the same on the skin. It also shows that sometimes high end doesn't mean high quality with every single product. This is also a great option to consider if you need a new foundation and you haven't got enough money to get your usual one or if you want to try out a new one considering it is only £2.50 so it isn't going to break the bank. 

Am I going to use it again? Definitely, I'll use this as an everyday foundation for when I'm at uni or just going out for the day. I love finding things that work when they're such a cheap price. Am I gonna recommend it? 100%, guys go and give it a try as for £2.50 you can't complain at trying a new foundation as it's so inexpensive. And let me know what you think about it in the comments below. 


Well my lovelies, that is it for this post. I hope you enjoyed, I know it's been two reviews in a row but I've been trying a few new things lately that I just had to share with you! 


As always guys, don't forget to follow me on all my social media so you can keep up to date with things I'm doing on my Twitter @katielouj0hnson, my Instagram @katiej0hnson, my Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and my Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson.

Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you soon for another!


Love,

Katie


2 comments:

  1. £2.50 for a foundation is incredible! Even if it was just average, I would still probably use it! the thrifty in me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! That's what I thought. Yeah I would recommend giving it a go considering it is so cheap!

      Love,
      Katie

      Delete