Monday 11 September 2017

REVIEW | Paradise Cactus Soap


Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all well and have had a good weekend! I literally did absolutely nothing all weekend, what a boring life I'm currently living, haha. But on the bright side, I finally tried out my new cactus soap which I bought from Superdrug. 


Now you guys all know how obsessed I have been with cactus' this summer so it's really no surprise that I wanted this. I mean just look at it. The temptation just to keep this and put it in it's own pot and have it sit in my window sill or something, was strong. Who knows may get another one and do just that... 

But anyway, I love the overall look and I really like this packaging. I know it's literally just pink ribbon with a tag that says paradise on but it just gives a little decoration without being too over the top. Plus the colours of the hot pink and the green go together really nicely. 


Once the soap is out of the packaging; just look at it. The attention to the detail is exquisite and I think it needs to be if you're going to make a soap in a specific shape like a cactus. It was the attention to detail that attracted me to this soap in the first place. 




So apart from the gorgeous look of the soap, you get 190g which is quite a lot, so it's going to last you a while. And originally it was £3.99 but I got mine for a 1/3 off which is £2.66 and it's currently still that price in Superdrug as we speak! 

It smells incredible. It's a lime scented soap and claims to "satisfy your senses!" and I think it definitely does. I really like citrus scents because I find they just satisfy my senses and really make me wake up - make me perkier and more alert. As I always find my brain is more active at night anyway. Considering it's shape it wasn't actually too difficult to hold, it only slipped out my hand twice. And with it's shape and size it's easier to just apply the soap straight to your skin instead of using a wash cloth etc. The lather has a bit of colour, a duck egg green/ blue, however that doesn't stain your skin and washes off easily like any normal soap. 




Sadly the deep green colour and ridges detail doesn't last but then what did I expect? It is a soap and soaps do get smaller with each usage. However one thing it did do which I actually didn't expect, it changed my bath water from clear to this kind of tropical baby blue colour and I honestly felt like I was bathing in the Bahamas sea or something. I really liked this little extra feature as it made my bathing experience with this much more fun. 

Overall I do like it. It does everything a soap should do: clean your body and make you feel fresh. I feel like you can't fault it because it is just a standard soap but jazzed up with a fun shape and a colour. The only con I have, if you can even call it that, is the lime scent doesn't cling onto your skin. Which it's not a big deal but it smells so nice that it would've just been nice for the lime scent to cling even just for an hour or two after my bath. 

Would I recommend it? If you use your bath a lot, like fun shaped soap, and enjoy citrus scents then 100% yes. If you wanna check it out and buy your own click here


Well my lovelies that's it for this post. I hope you enjoyed! I feel like I don't do reviews that often but I've actually got two more coming up for you within the next week or two. A new foundation and some benefit products! So stay tuned for those. 

But until all of that don't forget to follow me on all my social media so you can keep up to date with things I'm doing on my Twitter @katielouj0hnson, my Instagram @katiej0hnson, my Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and my Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson.

Thank you guys so much for reading as always and hopefully I'll see you on Wednesday for another one! 


Love,

Katie







No comments:

Post a Comment