Saturday 25 June 2016

Summer Evening Beautifully Bronzed with Gold Glitter Liner and Brown Lips Makeup Tutorial



























Hello my lovelies! I hope you're all well and having a good week. So everyone it is finally the time to do a makeup tutorial as so far this year my blog has really lacked them (sorry!) but wahey for the first makeup look of the summer! So this look was pretty much improvised, but I knew I wanted to do a bronzed/contour complexion and use gold glitter liner on my eyes. So if you want to know how to get this beautifully bronzed makeup look, then please keep on reading. 


Firstly I blended some concealer onto my eyes just to have a base and then I placed tape along the outer corner of my eye to get a crisp clean wing. I took this warm brown shade from the MUA Undressed palette on a small fluffy brush and took it all over my lid and created a big wing. 


I then took my Miss Sporty eyeshadow in Sense which is just a really pretty light gold and did a mix of blending out with a brush and my finger. It took a bit of time to get the blend seamless but it was worth it to get that smooth ombre of both colours. I actually really liked how just this eyeshadow looked without the liner, so you could wear it just as it is if you wanted to. 





This golden yellow glitter liner is from Studio London and I just applied it like you would with normal liner and the tape was a big help as I'm not a very precise person with eyeliner. I applied about 2-3 coats just so it would be opaque, I had to let the coats dry in between each application so be careful regarding your eyelids when applying this liner as even I got it on my lids a couple of times. 


I then just went ahead and removed the tape from my eyes, you can see how lean and crisp that cut it. I then applied my everyday makeup like always do: 

  • Rimmel London Lasting Finish Primer 
  • Maybelline Better Skin foundation in the shade 0.5 Light Beige 
  • Collection Lasting Perfection 24HR concealer in the shade 1 Fair 
  • Rimmel London Stay Matte powder in the shade 001 Transparent 
  • Set all that down with my Makeup Revolution Finish Spray - Pro Fix for Oil Control 
  • Rimmel London Eye Shadow Duo in 424 Brulee for my contour  
  • Miss Sporty Eyeshadow in the shade Sense for my highlighter
  • Maybelline Satin Brow in the shade Dark Brown 
  • Maybelline Brow Drama Mascara in the shade Dark Brown





I then added my mascara which is W7's Queen Bee: The Queen of Lashes in the shade Blackest Black (the pink bottle) which was a stuggle might I add due to the liner that was on the end of some of my lashes, haha. 

Also, just a note, this is the first time I've properly contoured my nose so this was an experience, it does not look this dark in real life. 


Then I lined my lips with Primark's lip liner pencil in the shade Brown (these lip liners are so good fyi, go buy yourself some for only £1.00!) 


Finally I applied Collection's lipstick in the shade Hot Chocolate. I'm loving this combo of liner and lipstick together as they're virtually the perfect warm brown tones to fit together. 




And that's it! I absolutely love this look, it took a little while for me to do as i was improvising but I think it turned out really well and perfect for summer evenings and you could easily wear this in autumn/winter as well. 

Because I loved this look so much, I took a lot of selfies with it on, so enjoy my beautiful self *sassy hand* 



I feel like my hair colour is looking so good these days, even though I've desperately gotta get it cut when I go home. 












Well my lovelies thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed watching how I created this look. 

I've got a few more makeup based posts planned that should be up in the next few weeks. 

I shall chat to you all soon!

Love, 
Katie 







No comments:

Post a Comment