Thursday 30 June 2016

Mini Haul: Newlook, H&M, Primark, and Boots


Hello my lovelies, I hope you're well and today I have a little haul for you as it's been a while since I showed you guys anything I've been purchasing lately. So a few days ago, I went shopping with a couple of the girls and treated myself with a £30.00 voucher I had for my birthday! Which was well spent on the majority of these lovely treats a part from the things I bought from Primark as the voucher wasn't eligible to spend there. 


Firstly I'll start with the beauty related items, so I got some more Stay Matte powder by Rimmel as you guys know it is my go to powder and I use it every day to set my makeup and bake my face with, as well as wearing it everyday just to give a more even appearance to my skin when I'm not wearing a full face of makeup. I go through this stuff extremely quickly and I've always gotta keep on repurchasing it as when I run out, it's a crisis, haha. 

I also picked up the BarryM Gelly Hi Shine Plumpy Topcoat as I really needed a new topcoat but kind of didn't want to go back to my Sally Hansen Double Duty one as it takes quite a while to dry. I normally paint my nails in the evening and even when I go to bed they appear dry with that topcoat on but the next morning I have bed prints all over my nails from when I've been sleeping. So I decided to try this one as for one, it's cheaper, and as the Gelly Hi Shine polishes are such good quality anyway, I thought the top coat must be the same. 

So when I repainted my nails a few days a go I used this top coat and I'm really impressed so far. It's made my nails super shiny, super hard and strong, and there's been no chips as of yet. Super impressed with this top coat and I'll definitely repurchase it once I've run out. 

The final makeup product is this High Colour Lipstick Crayon from Primark in a metallic gold shade. Now you guys all know I love out there lipsticks and when you love makeup and experimenting as much as I do, you need a gold lipstick in your collection. I have no idea what I'm going to wear it with, but I think it would be great for a simple makeup look with the focus on just the gold lips or it could come in useful for a Halloween look this year etc. Either way, I can't wait to use it

It's not an overly bold colour as it is metallic which is why I think metallic lipstick shades are becoming such a hit, as they're not super bold, just different. But from this swatch you can see it compliments my skin tone well and it's super creamy, which makes it easy to apply. I can't wait to use it properly. 





Boots
Stay Matte Powder - £3.99 
Gelly Hi-Shine Plumpy Topcoat - £2.99 

Primark
High Colour Lipstick Crayon - £1.00 


I really needed and wanted a new makeup bag, so what better place to look for one than Primark. They had a lot of lovely patterns, slogans, prints on them, as well as the Disney ones. But in the end I went for this one that states, 'Brows Before Bros' which couldn't be more true for me. I just thought it was girly and fun and sort of sends a positive message to girls and women about how you should put your beauty and the way you feel before guys. I loved the message and the print. 





I also loved the baby pink colour mixed with the baby pink metallic pink shade along with the rose gold zip with the rose gold star. I just really love it. It feels like really good quality and inside it's just black and has quite a bit of room in for more than what the average person when it comes to carrying makeup in their handbag. Which is perfect for me. 

Primark
£3.00 


I then bought this top which a 3/4 length sleeve top with burgundy/berry horizontal stripes going across it. It fits really nicely, it is kind of fitted but not overly tight causing me to feel uncomfortable. I think it is a bit of classic piece to have in my wardrobe for autumn, there was also bright red and white and blue and white stripes hanging on the rail, but burgundy is one of the colours that suits me best as I'm quite pale and burgundy seems to go with my skin tone well. 
























It also has this little pocket detailing and I just think it's a nice touch as it is a very casual top. But you could easily dress it up. I'll most likely wear it with jeans or leggings for the day time, but if I ever choose to wear it on a night out, it'd probably be with black jeans and black boots, or black skater skirt and tights with black boots. 

Newlook
£8.99


Finally I got these absolutely gorgeous shoes. I saw these and discovered they were in my size and they were half price, it was just one of those moments where I was like, "Oh my god, I've got to buy these". I didn't really need them, but I couldn't walk away from them when they made my feet look so good and they fitted so well like Cinderella's glass slipper.

I was quite surprised that I liked them and I could walk in them because if you know me, you know I don't do well with kitten heels as I always feel like I'm going to break them whenever I take a step as I feel like my weight isn't evenly supported. So I normally stick to my chunky heels because they're easy to walk in and my weight is supported evenly on both feet, and my feet are supported by the blocked heels. 

But these shoes are actually the easiest pair of kitten heels to walk in that I've ever owned. It's definitely because they're a lot smaller than normal heels, which means I can wear them both out at night and in the day time casually if I want to. 






I love the design, they feel quite nautical as the stripes are navy and white; I can wear them all year around as stripes aren't dedicated to one season and one style trend. I'll more than likely wear them with jeans than tights because they make my feet look and feel good. And, my feet are on my favourite body parts about me, so why would I wanna hide them? 











I just love how well they suit me as you can see and because of the pointed toe part at the front, I feel really feminine in them. I can't wait to wear them out in the next few weeks. I may even wear them tomorrow when we go for goodbye drinks before I go home for the summer. 

H&M
£10.00 


That is everything I got in my haul my lovelies, I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading and I'll talk to you soon!


Love, 

Katie 
















No comments:

Post a Comment