Tuesday 1 April 2014

No March Favourites? ...

Hello everyone, first of all, I know this is becoming a massive habit! But I am so sorry for not posting for almost a month, truth be told college has kept me so busy and I've had pretty much nothing to post. 

Unfortunately, I do not have any March favourites because I haven't bought anything new or tried anything different out since my February favourites, so instead I am going to share with you my current makeup favourites and these are pretty much what I've been wearing lately or all the time. 



1. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

This product is constantly one I go back to for the spring/summer time because it's light weight and I don't need to necessarily have to wear a primer underneath it and it's really easy to layer more on. 

My only downfall is the fact that throughout the day it kind of fades and goes a little shiny around my t-zone. But I can easy fix it with apply some more powder. 

But overall I would recommend everyone buying this because it's just lightweight and definitely a win for the hotter months of the year. 

You can buy these in two colours: Pink (what I have) or in a Blue coloured bottle and this is because the Blue one is Pure and the Pink is in Fresh. The Blue one is Oil Free so if you have oily skin I would recommend you buy that one. But if you have normal - combination skin like me go for the Pink one.    

(£7.99 from Boots and Superdrug) 


2. Collection Lasting Perfection 16 Hour Concealer 

I have been using this product since I was about 12 years old and I haven't ever tried a different concealer because it is just amazing! It highlights so you don't even need to highlight your nose or the highest points of your cheeks. 

But it also covers really well and it's amazing for dark circles under your eyes etc. I just absolutely adore this concealer, I always use it and I would recommend anyone to buy it. 

(£4.19 from Superdrug) 




3. Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder 

I bought this back in February I think because I needed a new powder as I ran out and everyone says how incredible this is, so I went and bought one. I absolutely agree with all the reviews, it is an amazing powder to keep your face matte and it gives a beautiful finish to your makeup. 

My colour is in 003 Peach Glow but you can get many other colours even lighter and darker and I would recommend everyone to buy this if you want that beautifully perfect matte finish. 

(£3.99 from Superdrug and Boots) 



4. MUA Mosaic Blush Shade 3 - English Rose

I've had this product for about a year now and I still adore using it. This blush is a very shimmery and frosty blush, it's not one of those blushes that is a noticeable pink. It is a very natural and pretty simple frosty pink tint and I really like that about this blush. 

I love it!! 

(£3.00 from Superdrug) 







5. MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter

I got this a few weeks ago as I have been trying to get it for such a long time and it was extremely worth it. It is such a good highlighter and is extremely pretty as it shimmers when it catches the light. 

The only down side for me is it sometimes makes down my nose look slightly cakey and I don't know whether that it just the product or my skin on that particular area. But for me: forehead, cheeks, cupids bow, end of nose and chin are all fine for this product. 

It really is a beautiful highlighter and worth buying if you want to try out a highlighter but do not have much money. 

(£3.00 from Superdrug) 


5. Only Way Is Essex Shimmer Brick

I only started using this recently and it is another shimmer blush product, so if you aren't into shimmery products do not get this. 

It is very versatile as you can use it for eye shadow also and use individual colours for eye shadow and for blush I use all of the colours by swirling my blush around with my brush. 

It gives of a shimmery coral pinky colour which is great for summer time! 

(Unfortunately I do not know where this came from because I received it in a set a couple years ago) 

6. Colour Couture Lipgloss 

I have been loving all these lip glosses recently because at the moment for spring time I can't be bothered to wear lipstick because it is too much effort. Whereas I can just slip these on my lips and go. 

The colour furthest to the left, the reddish colour is the most natural and is what I wear mostly on a daily basis. 

Both pink colours I usually wear over similar lipstick colours but I do wear them on their own as well. 

Finally, the orangey/coral colour I have been wearing recently and it isn't as pigmented as the rest but I think it would look better layered over a lipstick. 

However, I love all these colours and on the whole they're really pigmented and are glossy and I love that! 

(I don't know how much these are as I got them for Christmas in a massive set, but if you can grab these, definitely get them!!) 


Okay everyone, that is everything I have been really liking makeup wise recently. I am sorry that I haven't been posting yet again and I am going to do loads more in the Easter holidays, I promise! Thank you everyone for reading if you did and I will get back to you soon. 

Bye for now, 

Katie 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment