Friday 10 July 2015

Dare To Go Bronze!

Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all doing well. Today's post is finally make up based. It's been ages since I hit you up with a new makeup tutorial or something properly to do with makeup. So today we're going to be talking about the eyeshadow colour bronze. I think bronze has got to be my all time favourite eyeshadow colour because it compliments blue eyes (which is my eye colour obviously) and every single lip shade. Which means it is an all year round wearable colour. 

What is the best Bronze eyeshadow? 

I've used many, many, many different bronze colours but I always go back to my Maybelline 24 HR Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze. It is my favourite colour all together to be honest because I can just wear it on my lid and it be pure bronze. Or, I can take my finger and blend out into my crease and you get this really pretty muted red brick kind of effect which I absolutely love.

So this post is actually going to be me showing you the bronze eyeshadow effect I mean with the Maybelline On and On Bronze colour tattoo and showing you how it can go with every lip colour. Ranging from natural to deep dark purples. 



So here is the bronzed eye look I am referring to and this lip I've got going on here is just what my natural lip colour actually is with just some glossy goodness to give them shine and make their natural colour stand out. 



So here is a closer look at my eyes. It's mainly all of completely bronzed on the lid and then using all of that bronzed colour to blend into my crease and then shape them round to link to the lower lashline. I've really been into rounding them recently instead of going for a cat eye effect and it think it's because it takes less time as you don't wanna be doing your makeup forever in the summer. 

So to achieve this eye look above all I do is blend with my ring finger and my fluffy Urban Decay brush up into my crease and add more colour to blend with if I need to and shape the sides. I just do it until I'm happy with the shape and the colour. The best part is how it looks like I've used another colour in the crease when I haven't. 

If anyone is interested on my cheeks I've got this sunkissed bronze blusher shade on them and no highlighting powder as to me highlighter is just more of a winter thing. 

As well as lip colours to go with this eye look. I've added an extra idea for all of you. I have this lipgloss from Seventeen and it doesn't have a name but it is a dark pink shade with a lustre glimmer in it. It's really cleaver because it mutes colours out if something is too bright and can change your original colour to something really pretty. It's this one on the right. If any of you know the name of it do let me know because I absolutely love it and would love to buy a full sized one when I run out.

 Sweet Tart - Collection

Sweet Tart on it's own 
Sweet Tart with the lip lustre over the top



























From these two photos you can see how pretty the pink looks with the bronzed eyes as well as how the colour has completely muted out to a dusky rose shade. I absolutely love both colours but the winner for me out of both is definitely with the lip lustre for this colour.


Sugar Plum - Collection 

Sugar Plum on it's own
Sugar Plum with lip lustre over the top





















For this one, the colour stays exactly the same. I was quite surprised when I first used this over the top of this lip colour because finally I had found a perfect match to wear over a lipstick as sometimes you just want to keep the same colour but for it to just looked glazed over and not so matte. So for me, it doesn't matter which one for this lipstick because the colour is an identical match. I would still probably go for the lip lustre though purely because I like to put gloss over my lip colours so they look seamless and all blended to create a lovely colour. But that is my personal preference, you don't have to do that if it's not for you.

Just a little note, the rest of these lip colours kind of go out of lines a little bit now because when you keep putting colours on and then taking off it ruins your makeup a little bit. So sorry if it's not all completely neat. 

Mango Tango - Collection 

Mango Tango on it's own
Mango Tango with lip lustre over the top






















Now again in this one you can see a huge difference just like the pink. I adore Mango Tango as a general lip colour because it's not quite a coral, it's not quite an orange, and it's not quite a red. It sits firmly in the middle of that spectrum which makes it the perfect summer colour in general. I'm not sure which one I prefer out of the two, I'm swaying more towards without the lip lustre for this one. Purely just because when you put that on it goes more coral based due to the dark pink glimmer in the lipgloss. But I don't know, I do think they both look gorgeous but I'm swaying more towards without lip lustre for this one. 

Enchant - Makeup Revolution 

Enchant on it's own 
Enchant with lip lustre over the top 





















Now this one in photo number 2 isn't showing up true to how much the colour changed. It went from a pretty pastel purple to literally a normal rose pink. For me hands down, the winner is without lip lustre for this one just because I feel like this purple is so pretty and beautiful without anything else on it but I'm only showing it you with it because the majority of the others look amazing with it on. Don't get me wrong, they both still look pretty but this completely changed the whole colour whereas in the others it's enhanced that colour.

 This lipstick might be daring to some people as it's a pastel baby purple but if you like pastel colours I urge you to get it because it wont break the bank, Makeup Revolution lipsticks are only £1. Therefore you can just try it out even if you don't like it. 

I think this compliments bronze eyes in a different way. I think just purple tones look gorgeous with bronze eyes and I'm not quite sure why that is. Maybe it's just me. But all of the purple colours I used looked really stunning with eyes. 

I Wasn't Mixed Up - Makeup Revolution

I Wasn't Mixed Up with lip lustre over the top
I Wasn't Mixed Up on it's own





















Now this lip colour is the one that actually inspired me to make this post. I did a post on instagram, I don't know if any of you saw it. But it was when I first did these bronze eyes with this colour. But what I did was place the lip lustre in the middle so it looked like it ombred out instead of all across.


I felt like it works better with being in the middle of the lip but I took it all across just to show you guys. But overall, I feel like without lip lustre looks better for this purple shade. 


Smother - Sleek 

Smother on it's own 
Smother with lip lustre over the top 





















Now as we're getting into the super dark colours, I had to use my finger to blend them out a bit otherwise the colour, especially for this shade, was exactly the same just with some shine over the top. So this one of my favourite lip colours ever because it's so dark and I love, love, love dark lip shades. I just adore autumn and winter therefore that's probably why. I don't know which one would win this purely because I like both of them and think that they look lovely super dark or slightly more blended. But the best part is when this shade is more blended it's a bit more wearable in spring/ summer. 


Lady - Makeup Revolution 

Lady on it's own 
Lady with lip lustre over the top






















Of course we can't forget about red! It is the most classic colour in every colours collection and I'm 99.9% sure every girl has a red lipstick. For this one there's no major change, other than the fact it becomes more of a pinky toned red. Which I think just makes it more wearable for summer which I like. But the eyes still look stunning with just the pure red shade anyway. So for this one, they're both my winners. I genuinely love both and I just love red, clearly. 

So that is it for this post my darlings, I hope you enjoyed this and it gave you some confidence that you can wear a colour that is viewed as an autumn/winter shade when it doesn't have to be. It just depends on what lip colour you pair with it and what blushers and highlighters you use etc.   

But for me, I just wear what I want when I want regardless of what the weather is doing outside. You are your own person and you do what makes you happy. 

Thanks for reading everyone and I will talk to you super soon! 

Lots of love, 

Katie

xoxoxoxox











No comments:

Post a Comment