Tuesday 28 July 2015

Rocking Rossetto!




























Hello my lovelies! I hope you're well and today I am doing a review for you all which I haven't done for exactly two months. But this review is something I've really wanted to do ever since I bought this during my holiday because I've been using it non-stop ever since! But, before we get into what I'm gonna be reviewing and raving about for you guys today. I just thought I'd show you this makeup look above. This is my natural everyday makeup that I always go to these days as it really doesn't take too long. 

























So recently I've been wearing on my face: 
  • Base: Morning Baby! BB Cream from Miss Sporty in Light (absolutely love this!)
  • Concealer: Lasting Perfect 24HR from Collection in Fair
  • Powder: Stay Matte from Rimmel London in Transparent and then Matte Maker from Maybelline in Classic Ivory over the top 
  • Blusher: Mosaic Blush in English Rose from MUA
  • Highlighter: Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter from MUA
  • Eyebrows: Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Dark Brown from Maybelline (normally fill in with Brow Satin in Dark Brown from Maybelline as well but wanted something more natural today) 
  • Mascara: Colossal Volume Express Mascara in 100% Blackest Black. 
  • Lipstick: Kate Moss Nude Collection in Rossetto from Rimmel London 
And judging by the title, that lipstick is what I am reviewing for you guys today! 



I bought this on the first day of my holiday because many makeup stands had deals on and Rimmel happened to be one of them. I decided to try out one of Kate's lipsticks because I've never tried one of her lipsticks before. So I thought as she had brought a new collection out why not try and find a good nude to suit my skin tone. 

I wasn't expecting to ever own a nude lipstick purely because I am so pale and have cool toned skin, therefore many nude lipsticks look absolutely ridiculous on me. The majority I've ever tried have made my lips look like I've got concealer lips and no one wants that look! 

So I found this one in the shade Rossetto and I quite liked it because it was a more pink based nude. It was good for me as I also have pink undertones to my skin. So I swatched it in Superdrug and really liked it so I decided to get it. 

Obviously firstly what attracted me to it was the packaging. I really love the packaging. I think the colours are really lovely together and it is very feminine but not overly girlie so it will attracted all ages of women. I love how Kate's name is on it in white with a little heart because it's just a small detail that I really love. 











Here is a close up of the lipstick bullet and you can clearly see how much I've used it because it has gotten so short which means I'm gonna have to buy another as soon as I go shopping. 

The swatch is this muted pink taupe sort of shade and it's really complimenting if you're like myself: pale, cool toned skin, and has pink undertones as well. When I put the colour on I was surprised with how much it suited my skin because normally no nude lip colour does and after using it only twice I think, I fell in love with it completely and haven't stopped wearing it. 



Here are some close ups of me wearing the shade and you can already see how lovely it combines with my skin tone. The pigmentation is really good considering it's a nude lip shade and one thing this lipstick really does do well is it makes your lips appear bigger than they actually are. I only fill slightly over my natural lip line just so both sides of my lips are evenly rounded. When I first wore it I couldn't believe how big my lips looked but they still looked natural at the same time. 

Another thing I love about this lipstick is how easy it is to apply from the bullet. Most of the time I have to use a lip brush to line my lips first and then fill them in. However with this I can just load it straight on because it is a lighter colour and it's not much of a big deal if I slightly get it on my skin. I can wipe it away easily with my finger, whereas with a colour such as red if you try and remove it with your finger it stains more into your skin and makes your foundation appear pinky. 

Something else I love is how creamy this lipstick is but dries kind of matte. It's quite interesting as it's nice and creamy when you put it on and you can easily add more throughout the day but it sort of half dries. So it isn't rock hard on your lips but also not all over the place either. 

Here's a shot just to show you guys how big my lips appear to be with this lipstick and how lovely it looks with my skin tone. (both colours are the same it was due to different lighting)
I also think that this lipstick colour is a really good dupe for Velvet Teddy by MAC. I do not own Velvet Teddy but a couple of my friends do and this colour looks very similar for a fraction of the price. I would highly recommend this colour and the rest of the range to everyone to find the shade that is right for you. When I go and purchase another one this colour, I think I will look to see if there's anymore in this collection that will compliment my skin. 

From: Superdrug/ Boots 
Price: £5.49 


I hope you enjoyed this review my lovelies and I will see you in my next post!
Bye for now, 

Katie

xoxoxoxoxo

2 comments: