Tuesday 14 July 2015

Ocean Blue Summer Mermaid Makeup Tutorial!



























Hello my lovelies and finally we are here today doing a makeup tutorial!!! This has been a makeup look I've been meaning to do for a long while now and as you can see my the title it is my version of mermaid makeup. I've seen many YouTuber's creating mermaid makeup and I really wanted to do my own. So this is an ocean blue and teal inspired mermaid look; capturing the beauty of ocean shades with the silver glimmer's on and under the eyes. So, let's get into the tutorial! 


Step 1


Firstly I took some tape and placed it where my lower lashline leads on from. This is just to give us a sharp straightline when we're finished with the look. Then once the tape is placed just take a white eyeshadow and apply it all over the lid. This is so our colours will really pop out as the blue's are very bright and we want them to be as vibrant as possible. 

Step 2


For this look I am using the pallet called Colour Chaos from Makeup Revolution, here is a link for you guys to go and check this pallet out and all of their other amazing pallets http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/3-for-2-salvation-palettes-pro-looks-palettes/salv-colour-chaos.html 

Go and check them out as they have some great offers on right now and their pallet's like this one linked above are on 3 for 2! 

So anyway, taking the colour Ammunition from the pallet, it's this gorgeous deep purple shade with shimmer in. I am just applying this all over the lid but not up into the crease, just on my main bit of the lid. Don't worry about the line along the tape because we cover this up later on. 

Step 3 
  
    



Now, taking a mix of On A Mission and Deliver Me on a flat shader brush I am taking this mix through the crease on the more rounder side of the brush, not the flat side. Again, do not worry about the neatness of the colours blending because we'll sort it out later. Just focus on packing that colour on your crease and shaping it. 

Step 4 


Now taking Over-bored (a bright sea blue) slightly mixed with On A Mission (the teal) I am blending that through the crease and creating a round shape across the top of the lid with my Urban Decay fluffy brush. As you can see from the image above it's created a really nice blend of the blue merging with the teal. 

Run the Over-bored blue along the tape line and take it over the edge of the purple that's along the tape line. 

Tip: Do not blend too harshly with the blue because it is super bright and you don't need to force it onto your eye lid. Just light and fluffy strokes with distribute the colour nicely, as well as making it look really beautiful along the way. 




At this point you should have 2 gorgeous sets of ocean mermaid eye lids. As you can see here, both the teal and blue have blended nicely together. Also, I ran some of the Over-bored blue on the outer lower lashline where it runs into that blue. 

Step 5 


Now carefully remove the tape and we have a gorgeous sharp line I was talking about earlier. This was actually the first time I'd got them placed pretty similar and I didn't have to go along the line and add any extra shadow or take any away with a makeup wipe. 

But whilst were at this point, if there is any certain colours your want to add a bit more of or blend more now is the time to do it. 

Step 6 


So I added a bit more of the purple shade and blended it into the teal as even though the look is mainly focused on the ocean tones, I still wanted the basis of the purple to be there. So I took a bit of time to build up that colour and blend the teal shade into it and vice versa. 

Now for a really fun part of this tutorial. As the sea has that glimmer that goes across the water when the sun shines on it, I decided to add that into this look because it would be more eye catching for the look itself, for people who look at your makeup, and make it look more pearly in the light. 

I am taking the colour Gleam which is a gorgeous pearl silver shade. I wet my brush and applied this on my lid so it would be brighter. However, to make it look seamless we need to blend it into the purple. But because my brush was wet, I took a dry brush I used earlier and re-applied the purple colour to that brush. The easiest way to do this is to wiggle the brush into the silver and then slightly wiggle the silver into the purple if you need to add more. It can take a bit of time but worth it for the result. 

Tip: Wiggle the purple into the edges of the silver because if you sweep it through you wont get the gradual ombre effect and that ombre effect makes it seamless.



 Now this is currently how both of our pretty mermaid eyes should look!

Step 7 


Taking Gleam again, I am applying it along the lower lashline and merging it into the blue. Taking Over-bored again, I am just defining that ocean blue shade by lightly merging into the silver and pressing the blue colour to make it deeper nearer the outer lashline. 

Step 8 


This next step is completely optional, you can always stop at the silver and just add your mascara and apply your face base. But as I love my glitter and I just thought why not go all out.

Taking my Model's Own glitter in silver and one from Primark which has colourful flex in different lights that you can see in the picture. I thought these could represent mermaid scales. 


























So you want to take a glitter eyeliner in silver or a glitter adhesive if you have one and apply it to your silver shaded areas. You can apply it on your lid if you wish to, I just didn't want to. I applied it to my bottom lashline. Then taking a applicator from the Colour Chaos pallet; get some setting spray or a makeup wipe and wet your brush and pick up your glitter within your pot and gently apply it to your lashline. Apply as much or as little as you would like. 

Tip: Do not throw the applicators away because they are handy for things like applying glitter to your eyes and coating up certain colours on your eyes. They are more dense than normal flat shader brushes which is why they are helpful for packing colour onto your lid.

Tip: If you are applying glitter be super careful not to get it into your eye. I've got it in my eye before and it isn't a nice experience. It's not so bad for the lower lashline because it can't fall through your lashes it will just fall onto your cheeks. But if you are applying it above in any makeup look, not just this one, be extra careful as the loose glitter that falls can slip through your eyelashes and fall into your eye. 

Then once you applied your glitter go a head and apply your base. If you all know me, I do not apply my base first because of fall out from the eyeshadow. It is easier to clear up if you do not apply your base first. I did get some fall out with the blue eyeshadow I used so just be wary of that. When you apply your concealer etc just be careful around your eye area to not smudge the glitter as it is still slightly setting into place. 

Step 9 


























Finally I applied my base. So for this I didn't use foundation just because I couldn't be bothered and I didn't want a super thick base as it was quite humid today. So I took my Collection Lasting Perfection 24HR Concealer in the shade 01 Fair and just took it in all your usual concealer places and over a few blemishes as I've been breaking out a bit recently. Then I just blended all this in with my Real Techniques Beauty Blender. After that concealer, I took another one that is more like a highlighting concealer as I went for more of a highlighted look due to the colour of the eyes, I didn't bronze anything out and I think my skin looks better that way. 

I took my The One concealer by Makeup Revolution and applied it on my chin, my cupids bow, the tip of my nose and the tops of my cheeks. It is super creamy so do not apply too much or else it'll never set! Then I took my Matte Maker from Maybelline and applied this all over my face. First using a huge brush and gently patting and then taking an actual sponge and patting in certain areas as I like my whole face to be set down. 

Next I filled in my brows using my favourite brow product ever, the Maybelline Satin Brow in Dark Brown along with Maybelline's Brow Mascara in Dark Brown also. 

Then I went back to the face, apply my Natural Collection blush in the shade Peach Melba. I wanted something really natural and nothing with too much colour. Just wanted to keep it really natural. 

As I felt the creamy concealer wasn't enough, I went back and highlighted my face with my trusty Undress Your Skin shimmer highlighter from MUA. 

Finally, I applied my lipstick. Now you don't have to use pastel purple if you don't want to, you can go for something more natural or more your style to go with the eye look. But I really wanted to as I felt like this pop of colour really complimented the colours used, my skin tone, and tied the whole look together. 

Then finally, you can't be a mermaid without wavy hair, so I took my plaits out and then I'm ready to go and be a mermaid! 


So that's it for this makeup tutorial you guys, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I loved creating it. I am so pleased with how well it turned out. I've been meaning to do it for ages and I am really happy I finally did. I've even still got it on right now and it's still looking pretty perfect even about 8 hours after doing it. I'm definitely gonna wear it again!

So guys, my next post is going to be 'My Summer Shoe Collection' and I am hopefully going to do all of that tomorrow. So fingers crossed! 

Anyway guys, thank you for reading if you did and I will talk to you super soon! 

Bye for now, 

Katie 

xoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment