Friday 10 July 2015

How To Make Strawberry Chocolate Pops and Mini Strawberry and Banana Skewers!




Hello everyone, I hope you're all well and are enjoying the sunshine! Today I am doing a very different kind of post, something I've never ever done on my blog before; I thought, why not do some 'How To' tutorials related to things that are really easy. If I can do these, then you all can. So today we're here making these 2 delicious treats in the pictures above, Strawberry Chocolate Pops and Mini Strawberry and Banana Skewers! 



For this tutorial you will need: 



  • Dairy Milk Chocolate 
  • White Chocolate (I went for Milkybar) 
  • Strawberries
  • 1 Banana 
  • 2 Bowls
  • 2 Spoons
  • Cocktail Sticks 
















Strawberry Chocolate Pops

Step 1: 


Take your milk chocolate and put it into one of the bowls. I took about half of that big bar above which was far too much, but, better to be safe than sorry. Then once it's in the bowl, place it in the microwave for 2 and 1/2 minutes to melt. Whilst that's melting, let's move onto the preparation of our strawberries. 


Step 2: 


Whilst our chocolate is melting, it's time to prepare the strawberries. To start off, remove the green part at top of the strawberry and stick your cocktail stick through the middle. 

Tip: Once you've stuck the cocktail stick through once, don't keep playing with it and moving it. I did it a couple of times and the strawberries kept coming loose and falling off the sticks. 

You can do as many as you would like, I did about 10 as it was for a picnic for me and a friend. 

Step 3: 

Once your chocolate it melted give it a mix with your spoon and now get the chocolate onto the lower half of the strawberries. The best way to do this is to pick up the strawberry and hold it to make sure it doesn't fall off. Then take your spoon and spread the chocolate over the lower end of the strawberry. That way you can cover all of the area. 

Step 4: 


Whilst your chocolate is setting on your strawberries go a head and melt your white chocolate for 2 and 1/2 minutes in the microwave. 

Tip: White chocolate is thinner than milk chocolate, therefore you don't need as much.


Step 5: 


Give your chocolate a mix and then spread it onto your strawberries. What I did was mixed it and let the chocolate run back into the bowl until the running chocolate was what it was like in the picture above. Then I just held my strawberry underneath the running line of chocolate and ran lines onto the milk chocolate. 

Step 6: 

Here is a better example of what I mean by running white chocolate a long the bottom. And then you're finished. Just put in the fridge to set for about 30-40 minutes.


Mini Strawberry and Banana Skewers 

Step 1: 


Take your strawberries and your banana and cut them into medium sized chunks. For the strawberries just cut them into 4 bits per strawberry. 


Step 2:


Now place your cut strawberries and bananas onto your cocktail sticks.

Tip: The banana works better if you cut the chunks quite thick. Don't cut them so thin like I did for a few of them because they're hard to place on the sticks otherwise. 


Step 3: 

Now take your white and your milk chocolate from earlier and spread in vertical and horizontal lines over the banana and strawberry skewers. You don't have to put chocolate on them but as I had lots left over I decided to use my resources. 

Tip: If you are using your chocolate again, make sure you give it a good mix with your spoons otherwise it will be smooth anymore, it'll start to go solid again. 


Step 4: 


Once you've spread the chocolate all over and have as much as you want on there and then just place in the fridge to set for 30-40 minutes. 


Then you're all finished! And that guys is how to make Strawberry Chocolate Pops and Strawberry and Banana Skewers. Super easy and super simple to make for a garden party, a picnic, a bbq, or just to have a delicious summer treat for yourself. I know I'm definitely going to be making these again sometime soon. 

Let me know if you guys like posts like this because then I will do more of them. If you want to see more posts like these instead of just beauty related things let me know in the comments and give me suggestions to what else I should show you guys how to make. 

Well guys thank you for reading and I will talk to you soon. 

Bye for now, 

Katie 

xoxoxoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment