Sunday 25 May 2014

Smokey Pink And Brown Toned Eye Makeup Tutorial



Smokey Pink & Brown Toned Makeup Tutorial 


Hello everyone I hope you're all well and today I have my first ever proper makeup tutorial for you to recreate and wear with just a few simple steps. I think this look is perfect for a day time casual wear or you could wear it to a party, a date or any kind of evening event. I absolutely love this look because in my opinion, pink and pinky toned shades compliment any eye colour, especially blue shaded eyes like mine. I find for me pink is just such a girly and flattering colour. So if you want to know how to get this eye look, please keep on reading. 



Step 1 everyone is to apply your base as normal but if I'd have shown you that, this would've gone on all night. But I used my everyday makeup right now which is: Collection's Primed & Ready makeup primer, Rimmel London's Lasting Finish foundation in Ivory, Rimmel London's Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory, Rimmel London's Stay Matte powder in Transparent due to my foundation being too orange toned, and finally my brown pencil from Primark in the shade Brown. 

From the image, I look extremely pale, but in real life it isn't as pale as it is showing. It is just due to the lighting in my room. 






Now for this look you will need the MUA Luxe range and the pallet called 'Pretty Edgy' which is such a beautiful pallet. If you want to see swatches and more about this pallet, look at my post below as I hauled it because I bought it yesterday! 









We're only using three colours to achieve this look which are: Antique, Bow and Flounce. 

(Antique - the white shimmer shade) 
(Bow - the pink shimmer shade)
(Flounce - the brown toned shimmer shade) 








Now that we've got our pallet and colours, step 2 is to apply Bow all across the lid on a flat eyeshadow brush. Due to it being quite shimmery and sheer I think I applied the colour over the lid about 3-4 times to get a better pink pay off. 


Now that we've applied Bow all across our lids, we're now taking our brown toned colour called Flounce and following the our outer lash line. Almost as if you are apply a winged eyeliner effect but instead were using eyeshadow; and I am using an angled eye shadow brush to create this. Also, take it slightly above the pink but not completely into the crease. (as you can see above) 


We've got our basic outer line and now we're blending it to make it less harsh but also to create that smokey effect. You also want to take it more into the crease and stop when there is only 1/3 of your eyelid left and just leave that pink. To create the smokey effect I am just taking some more brown on that angled brush and colouring the outer V that I have created on my eyelid. I also took the pink shade Bow and blended it up to where the brown shade Flounce ended. The reason you must do this is because the key to a smokey eye is for it to look all blended and seamless; one colour beautifully flows into another. 



The next step is really up to all of you as it takes a bit of time because to create a smokey effect you have to keep blending the two colours together until you are happy with the way it looks. But all I did was I took the two colours on the same flat eyeshadow brush I used for the pink shade Bow and I dipped in both Bow and Flounce and gently blended near the outer V where both the colours meet. Keep doing this step until you are happy with how the blending of the colours look. 


Eventually, you will get a pink and brown toned eye that looks like this. To add more of a smokey effect I took both shades, Bow and Flounce, and blended it underneath my lower lash line on the same flat eye shadow brush. Now using the last colour, I am taking Antique which is a beautiful white frost shimmery shade and I used this as my inner corner highlight. But I took it slightly along the lower lash line and blended it into the pink. Also I took it above over the pink where the pink meets the brown just to make everything above the crease look blended and soft. I'm sorry if that was hard to understand as it is quite hard to explain, but I hope the picture above helps you to see what I mean. 


Now everyone, your eye makeup is pretty much complete. Whe you are happy with all the blending and the colour pay off. Just do any clean up around the edges of your eyeshadow to make it look the same on each eye. What I mean by this is take your powder colour on an angled eyeshadow brush and perfect the shade you want. Personally, I always have to do that step because my eye makeup is always to far our or not the same shape because I am a messy eyeshadow person normally. Now all that is left to do for your eyes is apply your favourite mascara. 

The mascara I use is Collection's Volumising Mascara 10x and to get the best effect I start off by applying upwards and using the head of the brush to make sure my eyelashes on the outer part of my eye are long and dark. But to get the more false lash effect, after going up with the brush once. I brush all my eyelashes down with the mascara brush and then go back up to get the best effect. (which you can see in image 3 above) 


We are just one more step away from having a finished looked so you can go out for the day or party etc. Now you don't have to pair it with this specific colour, I just fancied a girly pink lip. You could pair this with red if you really wanted to, I probably would for a party pair this with a red lip. But for a day time look, you could go for something like I've done. 

So to make sure the lipstick applies smoothly and not cracked on my lips I just prep them with some Vaseline. (picture one)

Secondly, I outline my lips with a small lip brush and the lipstick colour I am using which is Collection's lipstick in Sweet Tart. I just outline all the way round my lips and then fill in the middle with the actual lipstick. (picture two) 

Finally, I apply some lipgloss in a colour that matches the lipstick. The lipgloss I used was one from Colour Couture and it was just a bright medium girly pink, pretty much exactly the same as the lipstick. The lip gloss step is optional, I just prefer glossy lips to matte. (picture three) 



And everyone, that is the finished look as you can see above! I really love this look, I think it is really easy and simple to do. If you don't have the colours I used specifically you can choose your own or similar ones to the shades I used. As you can see I don't contour my face as I just don't like to and nor do I bronze. I also didn't use a blush because I didn't want to, but if you want to wear a blusher you absolutely can and of course you can bronze and contour your face if you wish. I think I am going to do another look using the 'Pretty Edgy' pallet but one that would definitely be for an evening event. 


Thank you all so much for reading and if you do this look or recreate this look tag my Instagram: @katiej0hnson or if my twitter: @omfgitskatiej as I would love to see all your own ways of creating this look. I hope you all have a wonderful day and are enjoying your half term, if you are having a relaxing week off. Lots of love and hugs! 

Bye for now, 

- Katie 

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment