Tuesday 6 May 2014

A Haul That's Not A Haul...

Hello everyone, I am sorry for no April Favourite's but I only had about 2 or 3 and I didn't think it was worth posting, therefore I didn't but I am definitely doing one for May, otherwise I wouldn't have done one for nearly 3 months! 

But in other news, a lot has been happening recently. I had auditions for a musical I am going to be in August this year called 13 The Musical and it's all about this boy called Evan who needs to get people to come to his Bar Mitzvah and in the process he has to make a choice whether to be popular or a loser and tries to keep everyone happy but in the end he learns who his real friends are etc. But the girl parts to audition for were: Patrice, Kendra, Lucy, Cassie, Molly and Charlotte and I auditioned for all of them except Molly. And in the end I got Charlotte! I am so proud of myself as I took part in the groups production of Seussical last year and now I've got a bigger part this year and I am so proud. As I was told my singing voice and confidence has improved and I am very happy! The first workshop is in 12 days and I am over the moon and cannot wait to get started! 

Also so many other things are happening but it is my birthday tomorrow and I am going to be turning 17 this year! I will be doing a 'What I Got For My Birthday' if you guys would like to see that :) and lots of other things are happening but not quite yet! But May is a very busy month for me, I will try my best with posting, sorry if I don't post loads though.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is to show you the new things I'd been given recently but I didn't buy them, the majority were my mums and she didn't want them anymore (usually I always take them in the end ;D) I don't know if these products are still around, I know that some of them are as they aren't old but I have no idea on any prices everyone. 

1. Cream Eyeshadow in Soft Mauve















I really like this eyeshadow as it's easy to apply and its a really pretty pink colour. Much easier to apply with a brush than figners due to the way the pot is shaped and unfortunately it is a bit flaky when you apply it to your lids but I think that might be because its a bit old and hasn't had loads of use. But it's a super cute colour so if you can get your hands on it, you should! 



2. L'OCCITANE Hand Creams 

These hand creams are lovely! they smell so delicious and keep your hands super soft! They are great for on the go and having in your makeup bag or just your handbag. My mum let me have to two she rarely uses and I am currently using the rose one a lot more as it smells amazing. 








3. Dolce & Gabbana Body Lotion 

Personally, I don't really like the smell of Dolce & Gabbana The One perfume but the body lotion smells lovely and smells a lot nicer than the perfume in my opinion. 

It makes your skin feel so soft, it's not sticky like some body lotions as you could put it on dry or wet skin. It leaves your skin with a nice glow due to its pinky toned colour and moisturising sense. It just smells really light and feminine and would work just like a perfume if you didn't have one. 







4. Nail's Inc Hero Shades 

I absolutely love this brand anyway because they have lovely colours and they take about a week or more to chip off but I do not buy much Nails Inc because it is too expensive. But I bought mum a set of nail polishes with these in for Christmas and she doesn't use these shades, so she said I could have them. 

The first one is called Porchester Square and it's not quite a nude but not quite a grey so it's in-between but I adore that shade! It is definitely one of new favourite natural colours, it could be worn with anything and I just love it. 

The second colour is called The Thames which is a lovely grey which is perfect for autumn/winter but you could wear it whenever you like. Once again I love it because it is a natural colour and goes with anything. The best thing is about both is your could have them with a matte top coat or have glitter over the top for a party and I just adore both shades. 


5. Nail's Inc Glitter Set

My mum was given these at Christmas but now she doesn't really use them so she offered them to me. And the colours are (left to right): Covent Garden Market, Regents Park, Fleet Street and Danvers Street. 

I think all of these colours are great for layering, doing an alternative french tip, falling glitter from the top of the nail etc. 





6. Rimmel London in Blue My Mind 


To me, this is more of a violet purple and will be a really perfect colour for summer as it is bright and noticeable. However, from when I just tested the colour it is quite thin so I think you need to apply lots of layers to get good colour coverage.   








7. Rimmel London In Space Dust: Luna Love

I really love, love, love this colour! I have two of the other Space Dust collection - Aurora (light pink glitter) and Total Eclipse (black/green glitter) but I really love these colours and the texture of them because they're so different. The only thing that disappoints me is that they chip quite easily, they don't seem to last as long as you'd want to! But they dry fast, great colours for parties, and I want to buy the rest of the collection! 





8. Rimmel London Pro 

I absolutely adore these two polishes! They look shiny, feel smooth on the nails and are great colours! I'd really like to get some more of these. These two are called Desire (dark shimmer red) and Posh Trash (light smooth nude/beige) I really love both these colours I think Desire is lovely for autumn/winter as it is very dark but in the light has a red tone shimmer glitter. Posh Trash is such a pretty smooth nude colour with a slight beige/maybe pink tone- great for natural shade. But I adore both of them! 



9. Maybelline Colour Show 

I loved these colours ever since my mum bought them as they remind of stones or speckled eggs. The colours I have are (left to right) Rain Forest Canopy (green), Chalk Dust (black/white) and Speckled Pink (pink). I don't know what it is about them I just really like them as there is an effect on and you don't have to do any kind of nail art what so ever - saves you time. 




  10. Ted Baker 

 My mum was given these for her birthday and there was a golden shimmer shade but my mum kept that shade. As she didn't use these shades, she said I could have them. (left to right) a baby pink, glittery silver and a super black black. I really love all of these, especially the black as it is extremely black, there is no see through bits even with one coat. The glitter shade is really fine, therefore it doesn't take forever to dry and you can build it up easily. The baby pink shade I haven't used yet but it is gorgeous. 



11. Seventeen Quicker Slicker Colour 
I don't know specifically what colour this is but it's a shimmery green colour and I love this colour. These dry so quickly, in less than a minute which is what is great, you can paint your nails on the go if you don't have a lot of time. But they do not last ages as of their special dry quicker formula. But great for if you can't wear nail varnish for long or you just want a quick colour on your nails. 





12. Technique Metallic Blue 

I have no idea if this brand is even still out in way or form but I really like this colour. It is really lovely for a toned down blue as it is in Metallic, really shiny and just a lovely blue tone to wear in the spring time. I don't know how well it lasts as I've never worn it but I really love this colour. 








13. Barry M Nail Effect in Countess 

I really like this colour it is a pretty deep copper brown glitter and it shines different glitters of gold, red and copper to give a pretty brown toned effect. I wanted to get some more of these as I have the white one in Lady. I just think they are really pretty and you can wear glitter whenever you want for any event etc. 







14. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Virtual Violet 

I adore this colour, it is a beautiful purple with a tone of blue as it shimmers in the light and I think it is one of the most prettiest colours for spring I have ever had. In the bottle it looks slightly metallic coloured but when it is on your nail it is a cross between shiny smooth and metallic. I've never had a nail varnish that mixes both, but this is definitely one of my new favourite colours and it looks gorgeous on your toes! 




 
15. Revlon Brilliant Strength in Captivate 

This colour is absolutely gorgeous; I love it! I think it is perfect for autumn as it is a proper shimmery copper bronze and it glides onto your nails so easily and smoothly. This is one of my go to colours in autumn as it is a bit more of a natural shade with the prettiness to have a shimmer! I love it!  




Alright everyone, thank you very much for reading my haul that wasn't a haul! The next post coming will most likely be, What I Got For My 17th Birthday. So much is happening for me in May: birthday, final project for college, Katy Perry concert, workshop for 13 The Musical, and going to see Grease with my girlies. 

Anyway, I will talk to you all very soon! I hope you are having a lovely start to May! 

Lots of love and hugs

- Katie 

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment