Monday 19 May 2014

WHAT I GOT FOR MY 17th BIRTHDAY!

Hello everyone! It has nearly been 2 weeks since it was my birthday (it was on the 7th of May) and I am sorry this has taken so long to post but I've been busy with college deadlines, went to see Katy Perry last week etc. Mainly the fact I didn't have every present from friends so I thought might as well wait until they could get them to me etc. But we are finally here and I do have some good things coming to you soon! Fingers crossed I find times to post them, anyway, here is what I got for my 17th birthday! 

1. Mandarin Turq Jewellery 



I got this set of beautiful matching jewellery from my mum and dad; this was the first present I opened. I absolutely love this jewellery and it's from Accesorize which is my favourite jewellery store as they have lovely items and they're not too expensive. But I love the colour and the design as it's turquoise which is one of the colours that really suit me and I am so happy that I got these! 


2. Accesorize Nail Varnish 




Next up are these nail varnishes from Accesorize also from mum and dad. I really love these because there is different colours for every season and occasion! I'm not sure how long they last without chipping as I didn't wear a base coat with one of the first time I wore one of the colours. 

Top row: Mint Whisper, Idol & Celebrate. 
Middle row: Ivory Lace, Coralicious & Paparazzi. 
Bottom row: Indigo, Storm & Sugared Lilac. 





3. Newlook Bag

Close up of the pattern





Inside the bag
 This is the first bag I got and I asked for it a few months ago and I am so happy I've got it! I absolutely love everything about it: it's size, the pattern, the looks of it etc. For a small bag it is also quite spacious inside and you'd probably have enough room to fit notebooks inside and stuff etc. It also comes with a strap if you wanted it as a satchel but I find that weird if there is already proper handbag straps on bags, so I most likely will not use the strap. But cannot wait to use this bag this summer! 



4. Dorothy Perkins Denim Shorts 

 


 These have got to be my favourite item of clothing at the minute, I don't wear them out all the time at the moment as the weather is still a bit unpredictable. However, when I come home and it's warm or if it is not cold I will just slip these on because these are extremely comfy which is quite a shock for denim shorts as I can usually wear them out but can't lounge around in denim shorts because they're tight when I sit down. But, these ones are super stretchy and not tight at all, they're stretchy on the legs and the waist which means they are easy to move in. You could probably do anything in them: go out, exercise etc. Also I love the detailing on the belt straps, I just think the braided denim is a really lovely piece of texture and makes the shorts a little more unique.    


5. Now 87


Okay, I don't have loads to say about this because I just like getting all the Now albums to play in the car as I love listening to current songs in the car over the radio. As I hate all the adverts on the radio and half the time they don't play songs I like (well, the radio station that my mum and dad listen to don't) but I just prefer to listen to these kinda CDs in the car because it's a mix of artists etc. 

7. Newlook Underwear

I love getting new underwear because when I get new underwear I usually wear the same ones all the time as I grow out of them quickly as they get tight and worn etc. But all of these are really cute and comfy and I really like them! 


8. Frozen

Originally I wasn't too bothered about this movie but virtually everyone at college is constantly singing 'Let It Go' and talking about Frozen and I am fed up of not knowing what all the fuss is about. So I told my mum that I wanted to watch it and my parents got it me for my birthday. However, I am still yet to watch it but I am very excited to see it! I watched Tangled about a week ago and I absolutely loved it! I am obsessed with I See The Light and I cannot stop singing it! But Frozen was created by the creators of Tangled so no doubt it'll be amazing! 

9. Jelly Beans 

These were a completely random present from my mum and dad. They are just peach and strawberry jelly beans and I have never had them before as I don't eat a lot of sweets, I eat more chocolate. But they are really tasty together as its very fruity, sweet and freshing. 


10. Katherine Pierce's Daylight Necklace 

Now, if you know me by now, you will all know I am obsessed with The Vampire Diaries and I absolutely love their jewellery because it is so vintage and pretty and I just love it. I was given Elena Gilbert's vervain necklace for Christmas from my girlie Heather and for my birthday she gave me Katherine's daylight necklace and I have wanted this necklace for such a long time and I absolutely love it. It's so beautiful in real life and it's a beautiful blue gem as you can see from the photo. I think it'd be nice to wear out to a party and you wouldn't need any other jewellery because it is stunning. 

11. Hair Accessories and Earrings 

I got these from my other girlie Jess and really love them! I think the earrings are gorgeous, I pretty much wear them daily and you can just wear them with anything and they still look lovely! I mainly wear the hair band when I tie my hair up and pin it into place because I feel weird wearing head bands that go all the way round and having my hair down as I prefer my hair to sit around my face and not away. Also some daisy grips the same as the headband, I just love daisy things! I have so many daisy items: bag, clothes, shoes, jewellery etc. I haven't worn them yet but there will come a point when I shall. 

12. I love... Strawberries & Cream 

I was given these by my best friend Chloe and she also made me some birthday cupcakes and is meant to be giving me The Vamps CD but it hasn't made it's way to her yet! But either way, I haven't used the bath/shower cream yet as I have so many others to finish using. But the body butter is so nice, it makes your skin feel so soft and it smells like strawberry calpol which is just heavenly. 

The hand cream is also to die for because it makes your hands moisturised and soft and your hands don't feel sticky just soft and nice. You don't need to squirt too much though or else there is just too much to rub into your skin, but even when I used to much it still wasn't too overpowering or sticky etc. It also lasts for ages because when you wash your hands you can still feel it on your skin and bearing in mind that was a few hours later; it keeps your hands nice and soft for hours. 

13. Reb'l Fleur by Rihanna 

Next gift is from my good friend Charlie and I already have Nude by Rihanna and I love it, so I fancied trying another one! I do want to get Rogue by Rihanna. Also Katy Perry's Killer Queen: Oh So Sheer at some point before it doesn't sell anymore. But this smells beautiful! It is summery, fresh and floral and it is so lightweight. It is not an overpowering perfume and I could smell it all day. It doesn't smell that great when you first spray it on because it is strong and a bit much but after about 10 minutes it fades out into a beautiful floral smell. 


14. Beauticology Bath 

These were from my friend Lana and I haven't smelt or even tried these yet but they look adorable! So looking forward to using these!


15. Turkish Delight

These were from my good buddy Reece and I love a bit of Turkish Delight every so often. I also was given a Chocolate Orange from my other good buddy Tom but I already ate that on my actual birthday!







16. Sweet Pea & Honeysuckle Shower Gel and Body Cream

This was from a family friend and I haven't smelled these yet either but I assume they'll be lovely. 


17. Nail Varnish and Nail Beads 

I got these from my cousin, auntie and uncle and they're just some glittery nail varnishes, a plain coloured nail varnish and some coloured beads. 








18. Newlook Bag

 I was also given this bag for my birthday from my other auntie, uncle, and cousins. I absolutely love it! I just find it so classy and grown up. I've been using it for college recently as I don't have loads to carry anymore because we've completed all our work and our final project so we're currently just chilling. This bag only becomes heavy when there is a lot in it, otherwise it is quite light. But I really love this bag!




There was also some other items I received: more chocolate, a Newlook voucher, and lots of money from family members, my parents, family friends etc.

Okay everyone, that was everything I got for my:  What I Got For My 17th Birthday! I am not trying to brag about any of this everyone, I just wanted to share with you what I got for my birthday! My next post will probably something to do with when I went to see Katy Perry! So stay tuned for that and I will talk to you all again soon!

Bye for now,

Katie

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment