Saturday 24 May 2014

Collective Haul: Newlook, Superdrug, Sainsburys, and H&M

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! I hope you are all well and are very happy that you are all on half term now! The next post I do will probably be my Katy Perry concert post, but I need to make sure I have everything for that! 

This haul wasn't planned, it's just recently I have been buying a lot of clothes and other items and I thought what a perfect opportunity to do a haul for you guys! 

Superdrug




 The first item I got from Superdrug was some new Stay Matte powder in the shade 001 which is Translucent. This shade isn't my actual match for my foundation colour, I usually use 003 which is Peach Glow. But the foundation I am currently using it too orange toned for my skin and a friend of mine suggested buying a really light Stay Matte powder and it should tone down the orange edges. So I thought I would buy this one as the foundation I have is Rimmel's Lasting Finish in Ivory but it is still too orange even though it's the second lightest. But also, I needed a new powder, so I got this one. (£3.99)



To lead on from the first item, this is the foundation I am talking about. I didn't get this today or this week, I got it about a nearly two weeks ago. Besides it being slightly too orange toned for my skin, I love love love this foundation so much! It isn't too thick or thin, it has amazing coverage, you can wear it without powder or concealer if you truly wanted to, it covers redness and blemishes, makes your skin feel soft and look beautiful, and finally, it just makes your skin look like actual skin. As sometimes the foundations I've had in the past have made my skin look awful and too cakey and thick... (you get the gist). This foundation is only cakey if you put way too much powder on through the day. But finally, my favourite thing about this foundation is it lasts for hours and hours. I wore it to Katy Perry last week and from dancing and jumping around I was slightly sweaty on my head and it didn't move an inch. I could talk about it all day, but if you want a good coverage foundation that isn't too expensive, go and buy this one from Rimmel! (£7.99) 



I also got this nearly two weeks ago when I bought my new foundation because I had been living off no BB Cream and literally the tiniest bit of concealer that was left over. Therefore, I was in desperate need of a new concealer asap! But my usual one from Collection, they had none in the store, they've literally had none of that concealer in my shade for about a month and half now. So I decide to get this one as everyone says its amazing and it is really good! I'm really impressed with it. It's nice because if I didn't use matte powder over the top it gives a nice glow to your cheeks and nose etc. Therefore, you don't need to use a highlighting powder or cream if you have this in your makeup collection! (I think it was £6.99)


Next item is a new gelly nail polish from Barry M in the shade Sugared Apple. It isn't completely true to its colour in the picture, but it is a blue/pastel green colour. It is official my new favourite colour is mint green and pastel green (and obviously pink still) because every year in the spring I become obsessed with the colour more and I've bought a lot of green clothes recently etc. I have a darker mint green polish and a lighter one, currently wearing that right now, but I havent got a bluey green pastel mint colour. So, I thought this was perfect for spring/summer! (£3.99)


The next item I bought is for whenever it is sunny because I am so bad at tanning. I am really not the most summery person in the world. So many people say they love summer, but for me it is a love/hate relationship. As I love the fact that my friends and I can go out more because the days are nicer and we can stay out for longer but if it is too hot I cannot physically take it. I also can't physically lay out in the sun for hours to get a tan as I feel like it's more of a chore and I am not doing it for enjoyment. Also, the majority of the time I burn or just tan on my shoulders which is why I bought some tanning oil as people say it helps you tan quicker. So fingers crossed it works for me! (£3.99)




Finally from Superdrug I bought the Pretty Edgy from MUA! I have been dying to get this pallet for so long and now I finally have it in my existence! For starters, the packaging is just beautiful. It is a nice little pallet with studs on and you could easily take it on holiday because it has all the colours you could need inside: from highlighting colours to dark night out colours. 

Here are the swatches of the colours and they are so pigmented and beautiful. They go from really light and shimmery to dark and matte. 

(from the top of my hand down to my arm) 

Envy (black shade)
Wrath (purple-ish shade)
Gothic (deep brown shade)
Sinful (light purple/pink shade)
Lace (dark purple shade)
Flounce (gold shade) 
Ruffle (grey/silver shade)
Tolie (light pink shade) 
Bow (pink-gold shade)
Antique (white silver/ highlighting shade) 
This is what the inside of the pallet looks like (yes I know the one on the end is a little bit damaged, but either way it'll get used so it doesn't bother me) 

But along the top row is all your shimmery shades: Antique, Bow, Tolie, Ruffle, Flounce and Lace. 

Then along the bottom row is all the matte shades: Sinful, Gothic, Wrath and Envy. 

I am so excited to use this pallet and I think I am going to do a few makeup looks for all of you if you would like me too! 

(£8.00)




Newlook 


First item from Newlook is this cute sky top with ruffle bits at the end, I got this recently and I absolutely love it! Perfect top for simmer to go with jeans and shorts. I think it'd look best with high waisted things as it isn't super long but I really love how it looks when you're actually wearing it. (£12.99)


The next item I have is just another black cardigan, nothing super special because I think every girl should have a plain black cardigan to wear all the time. You can wear it with anything, I usually just whack them on during any part of the year to go with something or for that extra bit of coverage or for that extra bit of warmth. (£12.99) 


Thirdly, I have my second kimono to add to my clothing collection. I have another one which I wore to Katy Perry, also from Newlook, which is really floral, bright and summery. Whereas this one is a bit more toned down, still has a beautiful pattern, but I could probably wear this one in summer and autumn. Where as the other one I have is definitely for spring and summer. I haven't worn this yet but I can't wait to because the minute I saw it I fell in love with it! (£19.99)


Finally from Newlook are my new favourite shoes! I adore these, they are in the colour mint green (obviously) and they are so comfy and really gorgeous shoes for summer! You can get these in all different colours: black, white, beige, green, pink, yellow, red, denim blue, and normal blue. I really want to get some more similar to them, but I have no idea what colour! 
(£9.99) 

Sainsburys 


This is my new favourite thing of all time! This is a fluffy, long, warm and snuggly dressing gown and it was in the sale from £18.00 down to £9.00, therefore I had to buy it! I wore it last night for the first time and it is so comfy and it doesn't make you feel overly hot. But it is definitely more ideal for winter. But as I have a pretty bad cold at the moment, this was a perfect and needed item to buy to keep me cosy and well. Not to mention, the nicest and comfiest dressing gown I've ever owned. (£18.00 down to £9.00)


Secondly, some new underwear! For me, I can never have enough underwear as I have so much of it but I wear the same underwear all the time, so whenever I get new panties these days it is literally a god send. (top to bottom) I got some with flowers on, anchors, and then just dots and lace. I have so much lace underwear and frilly panties etc. I just love cute underwear, okay? 
(£3.50 singly or 3 for £8.00) 


Lastly from Sainsburys, I got this new book called: No-one Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday and it is not all about Sex! It is about two people called Katy and Matthew who are childhood sweethears who end up having sex together after a school reunion. All is forgotten until eight months down the line when they meet again at an antenatal class. 

I am really into romance linking books because I find I don't get bored of them easily, (I must be a romantic at heart) but I am excited to read this once I finish The Fault In Our Stars. If you haven't read The Fault In Our Stars I recommend it, it is so inventively written and it's a lovely story and I love the way it is written and the language used. 

H&M

 This is the last item of this medium sized haul. It is a cardigan/kimono with 3/4 length sleeves. Now, the thing I love the most about this is the fact that it is a completely summer item as it is just something you can slip on with anything for a little bit of an eye catcher or if it is sunny but it's not super hot and you just want a bit more protection and to be covered up. 
Close up of the pattern on the kimono/
cardigan











But my favourite thing about this is it's pattern, I love how it is white and a lace flower effect. I just think it is really nice to wear with jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses etc. It is eye catching but not too overpowering to be too much for an outfit. 


That's it for now everyone, I hope you enjoyed my haul! And are having a lovely half term. I shall speak to you very soon! Bye for now my lovelies! Loads of love and hugs;

- Katie 
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment