Thursday 26 December 2013

Life Post: RIP Jeffrey

(a selection of my favourite photos of Jeffrey, all for this year) 

Hello everyone, I'm very sorry for this depressing post but I feel like it needs to be written. Unfortunately I had my little darling Jeffrey (my cat) put down on the 24th of December. It was an extremely sad day as Jeffrey was my best friend who was always there for me when no one else was. I miss him so much but I know it was the right thing to do because he became very ill bless him, he could barely walk and couldn't even move on the morning of the 24th, therefore I knew it was his time to sleep. 

I cried pretty much for the whole day and it is even weird now, just him not being around and following me into the kitchen when he wants food. Even just getting to stroke him and hear him purr is one of the biggest things I miss. I know he had a happy life and he knew that we loved him millions (especially me). 

But for the future, I know he will be looking down on me and wishing me the best for the future. Even though he isn't physically here anymore, he will always be in my heart. We've buried him in the garden as he entered our garden when he came to us and he loved to be in the garden. It also means I can go and see him whenever I want to and he is always here at the house still. We're going to get a stone with his name on and a loving message. 

"RIP Jeffrey, August 2006 - December 24th 2013. You were my sunshine, my happiness and my best friend. I am so sorry your life had to end the way it did Jeffrey. But you're sleeping above us now at peace. I love you always with all my heart and I hope you know that. Good night my angel, we'll meet again one day. Sleep tight, I love you" 

(I'm sorry if not many of you are interested in this, but I just really thought you should know as it's a very sad part of my life as me and Jeffrey had such a close friendship and bond. If any of you are dealing with a grief in your family, my thoughts go out to you) 

Bye for now everyone, 

Katie 

xoxox    

No comments:

Post a Comment