Tuesday 10 April 2018

REVIEW | April Showers with Lush



Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all well and are having a good week. If you guys have read my Visiting Westgate Oxford post then you'll know that I popped into Lush and purchased one of their most recent bathbombs for spring called April Showers. If you guys haven't seen that post and would like to, click here. As it's April and April is in the title of the product I really wanted to review it this month, you know me, all about making things relevant. 

'Drip, drip, drop
when your mood is cloudy
this pretty bath bomb
will brighten the day.'



To me the aesthetic of this bathbomb is really clever. It's one of those where it makes me wonder why did it take so long to make this because it is so relevant to this month. We all know that in the UK the month of April is known for it's drizzly and rainy weather hence the phrase April showers bring May flowers. I just really love that there is a bathbomb to represent this, anyone else really digging that? 

So as you guys can clearly see it's in the shape of a white cloud with pink and blue rain droplets inside. I love this, it's so simple and clear as to what it is as well as being really aesthetically pleasing, especially for Instagram photos. The size of this is quite small which means it does have a little bit less product within the bathbomb. Whereas in the round bathbombs you get a whole load of product packed inside. 

Ingredients: 

• Sodium Bicarbonate 
• Citric Acid
• Titanium Dioxide 
• Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter 
• Perfume 
• Cornflour 
• Cedarwood Oil
• Violet Leaf Absolute
• Cypress Oil
• Tonka Oil
• Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Organic Castor Oil
• Water (Aqua) 
• Laureth 4
• Dipropylene Glycol 
• Synthetic Fluorphlogopite 
• *Limonene 
• *Linalool
• Alpha-Isomethyl ionone 
• Coumarin
• Eugenol
• Colour 45410
• Colour 42090 
• Colour 60725

I'm not 100% about what all of the ingredients do or how they work together. But whatever they do it moulds together to create this cute little cloud. 




'For your own little April showers (or rather baths), drop this fizzer into hot water and clear your cloudy skies with cedarwood and cypress oils. As the softening Fair Trade cocoa butter raindrops melt away, tonka absolute comes out to play with fresh violet leaf absolute.'


When you first pop it into the water the cloudy white particles disperse all over to create this cloud like affect, again very clever because it's a cloud. As all the white colour has dissolved into the water, the pink and blue shaped droplets begin to merge with the cloudy water. 




























It creates this really pretty whimsical mix of colours, extremely pretty to watch become one. As it fizzes away it doesn't engulf the whole bath but I think that's because the bathbomb itself isn't as compact with product compared to a round bathbomb. 




I really liked the smell of this one when it was fizzing away in my bath but didn't like it as much when it was the bathbomb itself. But it's definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea, my mum wasn't a fan of the smell. But the blend between the violet absolute mixed with the cedarwood oil creates an inbetween of something not too sweet but not too bitter and with that blend the scent isn't too heavy. There's enough blended together in the product for it to carry a strong smell when it melts away in the water. 


Once it had all mixed together throughout the water it created this really pretty lilac purple with little white cloudy accents/ glistening bits of white which you can see in this photo. I felt like it was a really nice added touch. 

One of my favourite things about this bathbomb was the fact that the rain droplets were little drops of cocoa butter. We all know how great cocoa butter is for your skin: helps keep your skin fresh (not dry), has anti-ageing benefits, soothes burns, rashes, and infections, it doubles up as a shaving cream, helps improve the appearance of marks such as stretch marks, and let's not forget it makes your skin super soft. 

I was really surprised at how much the cocoa butter droplets worked. I knew they would work but as in because the droplets didn't contain a large amount of cocoa butter. My skin, especially my legs were irresistibly soft. One thing this bathbomb would be super beneficial for is using it after you've shaved your legs. I'm really gutted I didn't shave mine before I used it because it would've made them even softer as well as revitalise them a bit. As I don't know about you guys but my legs definitely need to most TLC because of marks, cuts, bruises, shaving burns, veins, discolouration, etc. The list could go and on but you get what I mean. 

Another pro; I don't know about you guys but I don't use cocoa butter very often just because the smell is so intense that I can't deal with it. I prefer zingy scents but cocoa butter is rich. Which is a bit of a downer because the product itself is really good for the health of your skin. So the pro of this product is, you get the good qualities of cocoa butter in a small amount which means the smell of it isn't overpowering. However, to see an actual improvement on these things I'd probably have to use this bathbomb or a product with qualities like this bathbomb about 4-5 times a week. 

Overall I feel like it's not my ultimate favourite but it's definitely not below the bar. It definitely has a lot more benefits for your skin than I initially thought when I purchased it and the qualities it does have are executed really well. I wouldn't say this bathbomb is targeted at anyone specific, particularly scent wise. For aesthetic and a well thought out idea this product earns brownie points alone. For something so small compared to some of the huge bathbombs it's really exceeded the expectations I had for it. Also, credit to Lush for creating something within the Easter range that wasn't all about Easter as I know some people don't really celebrate it. I would definitely purchase this again! As this was a part of the Easter range that does mean this is leaving stores soon, which I think is a bit silly considering it is a product related to April. So I think they should've done some forward thinking and kept this throughout the whole of April. 

Overall rating: 

I sadly didn't buy or get the chance to try anything else from the Easter range this year. If you guys did let me know down below. 

If you guys do wanna purchase this product or any of the Easter range I would advise acting fast as they're leaving the store soon. I know that some of them are already sold out online, but if you do wanna have a look online and potentially order some click here

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

As always lovelies don't forget to follow me on all of my social media so you can keep up to date with everything I am doing! You can follow me on Twitter @katielouj0hnson, Instagram @katiej0hnson, Pinterest @katielouj0hnson, and Bloglovin' @ Katie Johnson

Until then, I shall see you in my next post. 

Love,

Katie


2 comments: