Monday 13 February 2017

How To Have The Best Valentine's Day When You're Single


Hello my lovelies, I hope you are all well and having a good start to February. 

As it's February that can only mean one thing, Valentine's Day is vast approaching! *gasp*




I know for some people that means spending the day with your loved one or (if you're like me) curled up on the sofa watching Netflix all day and night (currently obsessed with Once Upon A Time). I used to always think Valentine's Day was only for people in 'relationships', however over the last few years I've realised Valentine's Day is about expressing your love and gratitude to the people you love in your life: family, friends, pets, etc. 

You do not need Valentine's Day to show how much you love them but it's nice to have one day in the year where you get to fully dedicate yourself to loving or being in love with someone.

I've known so many singletons to be anti-valentine's, I personally don't think I ever can be anti-valentine's as I'm a romantic at heart. I love everything to do with hearts and flowers. 

So here are my top tips on how all of you lovely fellow single guys and gals can have the best Valentine's Day ever. Side note - you don't just have to do these on Valentine's Day, you can do them whenever you want to. And, of course, even if you're in a relationship you can still do all these activities for yourself or even with your partner. 



1. Go out to your favourite cafe/ restaurant for lunch/ dinner. 


I personally do this all the time anyway, when I want a bit of me time I like to pop to Costa as it's my favourite type of coffee and it's like a second home to me. You could go on your own, with family, or friends. Nothing better than enjoying good food with good company. 


2. Go on a shopping spree. 


Again, this is something I do with my own company as well as friends and family. But there's nothing better than popping down the high street and finding the latest style items to add to your wardrobe. Or, shopping round the sales to find the best bargains. Either way you can't beat a shopping spree! 


3. Treat yourself! 


Treat yourself to something you don't do very often or have very often. For example, going to get your nails done or going out for cocktails. It's surprising how these trips out either by yourself or with friends can boost ones spirits. 


4. Do Secret Valentine with your friends.

Similar to Secret Santa - set a budget, set a date, set a time, and a place - done. 

It's something cute and fun to do with your friends to show how much you all love and appreciate one another. 



5. Similar to that, spend the day with family and friends. 


No better day to remind all the people you love and adore that you do love and adore them! 


6. If no one is buying you a gift this year for Valentine's Day, get yourself one! 


There's no crime in treating yourself for yourself. Seen a top you've always wanted to buy? - get it! Seen an eyeshadow pallet that keeps catching your eye? - get it! Smelt a perfume and fallen in love with the scent? - get it! I can tell you now, this is what I'll be doing on Valentine's Day.


7. Have a movie marathon. 


Can't beat a movie day in your pyjamas. 


8. Start a new book. 


If you're a big fan of books and reading - purchase yourself a new one or get that one that's been sitting on your shelf for the last few months and get reading! 


9. Eat some chocolate! 


Valentine's Day is nothing without chocolate. Buy your favourite bar and munch away! 


10. Take a hot bath.


Crack ya' bath bombs, bubble bars, scrubs, essential oils, candles, and even bath fizzers out. Let the sweet scents and colours transform your mood. Who doesn't want ultimate relaxation on Valentine's Day? 


11. Go out and hit up the town! 


And finally, go out and party all night long dancing the night away, way past Valentine's Day. Why stay in when you could be out having fun with your friends? 




Well guys, I hope these give you some ideas of what you can do on Valentine's Day if you currently have no plans. I also hope that whatever you have planned, in a relationship or not, that you have a day filled with happiness, love, and joy. 

Well that's it for now guys! Talk to you soon. 



Love, 

Katie 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment