Tuesday 11 October 2016

PRIMARK HAUL!


Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all well! Today I have a good old Primark Haul for you! You can't beat going to Primark and spending more than you can afford, haha. The majority of the time I go in, I at least pick up one item. So if you want to see what I picked up in Primark, then please keep on reading. 

Firstly, I am going to begin with home wear items as this was the main reason I went in. With moving into a new room for my second year at university I really wanted to customise it with a colour theme that suited my personality. So if you didn't already know, my favourite colour is pink. Doesn't matter whether it's baby pink, dark pink, fuchsia pink, light pink, mauve pink, rose pink, blush pink (you get the jist). 
I just love pink basically! 


So I picked up this blush coloured throw to go on the end of my bed and obviously to wrap myself up in when I'm asleep. This is the softest throw I have ever felt in my life, it's got a metallic look on one side and the under side is more matte. It's 125cmx150cm which is enough to cover the end of a small double bed and wrap around one person. Another one of my housemates also has one in grey; they come in blush, grey, and black - they are the only colours I've seen but maybe in your local Primark there is more of a colour range. I love throws in general, but this one was such an amazing find! 

Price: £4.00
(OMG, what a bargain!!!) 




 Continuing with home accessories, a university room isn't complete without some fairy lights! I swear every uni room tour I've watched has fairy lights. I had some fairy lights for the first time ever last year in my first year uni room, so I decided to get some more for this years room. So to add to my collection I found these gorgeous rose gold/copper heart lights and I wanted to go for a pink, rose gold/copper, and white theme to my room which I thought these lights would be perfect for. 

I really like that they are wired hearts, the details of them look more expensive than they are. Also I like that the little lights inside them are warm toned as it makes the room feel really cosy, especially at night. 

Price: £6.00 



Next thing I found was this jewellery box, I've never owned a jewellery box like this that is split into sections and I really liked it. It's just plain white with "pretty things" on the front which I really liked as it's just simply pretty. 



It also has this really pretty floral background which I absolutely love for the interior of the box. As you can see my jewellery is already in it, so I use the larger side on the left for necklaces and bracelets, the bottom right for my rings, and then the top right for my earrings. It functions a lot better than a normal jewellery plate, dish, or a box with no sections. As everything is kept in its rightful section, it's easy to find the specific piece of jewellery I want to wear on a certain day, and it means I don't lose any either. 

Price: £5.00 



Our last home wear item of this haul is this adorable hanging sign that reads, 'Too Glam To Give a Damn!' I absolutely love this! What is says is just spot on and how I think everyone should go about life. It can also be used for an actual photo as you can take out the quote and put your own photo in if you want to, but I bought it for the quote. 

I think the heart shape is cut really nice, it's not scratchy wood round the edge, it's painted a really gorgeous crystal white with the golden dots on the top and bottom of the heart and in the light they are proper shiny gold dots. 

Price: £2:50





I wanted a new key ring to hang on my new set of keys and to claim that as mine. And what's a more Katie-esk key ting than a beautiful pink glittery heart that is also a mirror! Fabulous! I just really loved the key ring and the colour, they also had a silver one and having a mirror on something like my keys means I always have a mirror to hand if I ever need one instead of actually carrying a separate one round in my bag. Plus I'd advise a key ring that will differentiate your keys compared to your housemates, so that way, you will never get mixed up with someone else's keys. 

Price: £1.00 



I physically cannot go to Primark without picking up some of their lip liners as we all know they are the best liners ever. So (from top to bottom in the swatches photo) I repurchased Nude as I use that one the most under a lot of my lip sticks or to match the velvet matte lipstick crayon I have in the same shade.

 My actual new ones are Red which is obviously the bold bright red. I don't know why I hadn't ever purchased a red lip liner before now considering the majority of people have a red lipstick in their makeup collection, including myself, but whatever. And, Hot Gossip which is a deep berry/plumy purple shade. I have quite a few deep purple lipsticks now, so it was time to purchase a lip liner to match them. Like all the others I own, they are extremely pigmented, amazing quality considering how cheap they are, glide on beautifully, not streaky. God, I could talk about them all day but basically if you don't own one, go and buy one! 

Price: £1.00 

I also picked up this gorgeous pearlescent pink kohl eyeliner called Pink Champagne. Now I don't own a lot of kohl eyeliners, in fact, I don't own a lot of eyeliners. But this one was too gorgeous to not pick up. It beautifully reflects the light and makes your lower lash line, where you run colour on (forgotten the technical name for it), makes your eyes look awake, bright, alive, and glowy from the pearlescent effect. 

Side note: I am not bad mouthing this product at all, however, I have quite a sensitive outer tear duct area and where I placed this along my lower lash line it runs into that. And my outer tear duct area went crazy when I put this on. Throughout the day my eyes were just so watery on the outer edge. It is most likely a chemical used in the product as this sometimes happens to me even with eye shadows I always go back to. However, my eyes don't always do it, so maybe that day my eyes just didn't like it, I'll have to test it again to make sure. But just be weary when purchasing certain eye products if you have sensitive eyes. 

With that said this product was so cheap I didn't mind if it didn't work for the initial purpose as I will just us it for another purpose. 

Price: £1.00 






Continuing on with makeup, I saw that Primark have recently brought out some new eyeshadow pallets. Nudes, Smokey, and Metals. I have a lot of nudes and smokey colours already so I decided to try out their Metals pallet. These are cream eyeshadows and I don't really own any cream eyeshadows aside from Maybelline's 24HR Colour Tattoos but they don't have the feel of cream. So this is going to be an experiment for both of us. You could easily use some of these as cream eyeshadows or layer them over similar eyeshadow colours because they are so light reflecting. 

There's a range of different shades, the more pearlescent shades, the slightly warmer shades, and then the really deep shades. However they all manage to have that glimmer in the light. I'm excited to try these out and see what I am able to create with them. 

The packaging on all three of the pallets is really sophisticated and sleek which makes it look more expensive than it is. Also, would be great for birthday and Christmas presents for your friends. Not to mentioned they are quite compacted and have a nice round cut edge which makes it easy to travel with in your makeup bag or handbag. 

Price: £4.00 








Moving onto clothes now, I purchased some new socks mainly because I needed some new socks, as simple as that. But I got these deep toned floral based ones as we are now in autumn and winter. They're super comfy to wear, keep my feet warm, easily to tuck my jeans and leggings into for when I want to wear boots, and really pretty designs. 

Price: £2.50 





I purchased some new underwear because you can't go to Primark and not buy at least one pair. I seem to purchase underwear a lot because I'll buy new pairs and wear them a lot and then before I know it they're already wearing away which means I've gotta get more, and then the same event occurs as before, and the cycle continues. But with Primark underwear being super cheap, super comfy, and super cute how can you say no? 

So these came with three in a set and the underwear in each photo was what set they came in, if that makes sense. Both sets are lacey, frilly, and have bows on the front as that's just my preferred underwear style.

 So in set one (photo on the left) we have white and pink hearts with a mint green bow, plain navy blue with a pink bow, and mint green and white stripes with a navy bow. 

And in set two (photo on the right) we have grey and off pink stripes with a baby pink bow, a green/teal with small grey dots that resemble a five on a dice, and off white with an off pink henna style pattern with a pearly pink bow. 

Price: £2.50



Close up of the detail in the knit wear
I then purchased this knitted over sized fluffy cardigan. I've always wanted an oversized cardigan for autumn/winter time and I've finally found one. This is super cosy and keeps me super warm. I got it in lilac just because I wanted to go for something different instead of black or cream/beige etc. I pretty much wear this 24/7 around my house and whatever I'm wearing on a certain day, if I fancy wearing this, I'll wear it. It is also super handy for when it is too cold to not wear some kind of jacket but not cold enough to wear a fully on coat.

I love this cardigan so much that I want to purchase it in some other colours, the colour selection is: black, beige, black and white, forest green, and lilac. I may get it in black or black and white. Either way, completely worth buying an oversized chunky cardigan for this autumn. 



Price: £12.00 



I needed some new pyjama bottoms to go with this pastel yellow pyjama top I bought in the sale from Matalan and I saw these pink rosey ones and I thought these would be perfect as there is flects of golden yellow within the roses. 




I love the attention to detail in the roses and I love the colour scheme used in these pyjama bottoms. There's also a cute bow add on, on the waist which just makes them look more adorable. They're super slouchy, comfy, cosy, and girly which is all I need in my pyjama attire. 

Price: £6.00 


I have a couple of add ons to this haul and these two clothing pieces aren't from Primark, however they were too nice to not include and share with you guys. 



Firstly we have this gorgeous top from River Island. I don't own many clothes from River Island just because I find they mainly cater to smaller sizes, but my mum found this in their plus size section and she got it for me as she thought I would like it, but she was wrong because I LOVE it! 

It's this beautiful dusky pink background with red and brown flowers on that look quite vintage-esk. Again I love the colour scheme on this top; the material feels quite cool and thin and for me, this is the perfect going out top to wear with jeans and a pair of heels. 

The top itself is quite roomy because I've got it in two sizes up (I got it in a size 22) because it's shorter than your average top. It's not cropped and it doesn't come lower than the top of your waist. So it sits some where in the middle of that bracket. But it's really feminine and really flattering in the cut of the overall top. 

Price: £25.00 



And finally we have this burgundy over size jumper from New Look. (sorry for how blurry this picture is, the lighting just didn't agree with this colour) I own three of these jumpers already, pastel mint green, khaki, and now burgundy. There's nothing better than finding an item of clothing where you like the style, the cut, how it looks on your body, the comfort, and something easy to wear for everyday wear. So when I found these I had to take full advantage and nearly purchase them in every colour. 

I would live in jumpers all year round if I could (I wish I could) - they are my holy grail through the colder months which means I need a lot of them to keep me going. These are definitely worth purchasing if you want some good quality, easy to wear, and comfortable oversized jumpers for this season. 

Price: £14.99 


I hope you guys enjoyed my Primark Haul with a couple of added extras. There's a lot of nice fashion items out at the minute in Primark especially but also in a lot of other retailers for this years autumn and winter collections. There's quite a few other things in Primark I'd like to potentially purchase in the near future. 

I'm hoping to get a few Halloween tutorials done in the next week for you guys as I'm aware that last year was a bit of flop on Halloween as I didn't do any, (oops!) but I'm aiming to get at least three up for you guys before the 31st of October for some inspiration this Halloween. 

But for now, thank you for reading and I shall speak to you guys soon!

Love, 

Katie





No comments:

Post a Comment