Friday 9 January 2015

Collective Haul: Primark, Lush, New Look, Superdrug, & Select!




Hello my lovelies! I hope you are all well and are having a good start to January. I know sometimes January is a pretty slow month because it is the start of the year, Christmas and the New Year celebrations are over, and in January there is usually nothing to look forward to. But, for me, it has actually been really good so far because of college and just in general. 

On Saturday, my parents, Chloe, and I all went to Milton Keynes to do some shopping and had such a good time. There we're so many sales on as well as new clothing in for the new year. I know you guys love it when I post hauls and I'm excited for you to see what I bought, enjoy... 




The first item is this bag, this was not bought from Milton Keynes, but my mum gave it to me on Saturday. It was a free handbag she received from one of her shopping magazines and she asked me if I wanted it and I said yes. I really like it because even though it's small, I could probably take it on a night out and it has enough room in to fit everything I carry daily. 


These are just some beauty blenders because I needed some new ones and the ones I did have are all nasty now. But these are brilliant because they smooth your coverage out and make your face base look flawless. (I got 4 of these as they're an essential) 

From: Primark
Price: £1.50


My mum ordered me some things from Newlook that I didn't know she'd ordered and some of the things in the parcel were these cute socks. Even though it isn't Christmas anymore, I am still going to wear them because they're right up my street. 

From: Newlook
Price: £2.99 

Blackberry 
Sakura 

Chloe and I then made a cheeky purchase in one of our favourite shops! I decided to get two bath bombs because I couldn't decide which one I preferred so I decided I wanted both. So the first one I got is Sakura which is just a white based bath bomb with lots of different speckles of colour's - blue, pink, and a red toned orange is what you first see. I am really looking forward to using Sakura because it smells amazing - citrus and refreshing. 

The second one I got was Blackberry, which obviously smells like blackberries. It is just a really beautiful pastel purple shade and smells very relaxing. I am also excited to use this one!   

From: Lush 
Price: 
Sakura: £3.35 
Blackberry: £3.25 

  
The next thing are these gorgeous sandals. I am over the moon that I found these because I was looking on Primark's website and I saw they were new (hence they're for the summer time) and I loved them. I was really hoping I was going to find them and I couldn't see them anywhere until we went into the blouses section and they were on a stand next to them. I was so happy because these are so comfy and I love the stripe pattern and I just want to wear these now! Unfortunately, it is too cold! 

From: Primark 
Price: £12.00 


Here are some adorable bed shorts to go with all of the pyjama tops that I have no bottoms for. I got these in the next size up so they're bigger and more slouchy. But I am going to pair these with my dark blue pyjama top that says 'Sleep Less, Dream More'. 

From: Primark
Price: £4.00 


Here are some soft Christmas pudding shorts. My mum also ordered these from Newlook because they we're in the online sale. She also got me some of the long ones to match these and I kid you not. These are so soft and cosy, I love them. 

From: Newlook 
Price: £5.99 


I really like this top, it's dark purple and oversized with a zip detail at the back. I can wear it with pretty much any kind of trousers, leggings, and jeans. 

From: Select 
Price: £7.99 


This next top was a bit of an interesting buy because, Chloe and I went into a Newlook and there was sale items all over the shop, and this top happened to be one of them. It was a bit awkward because I absolutely loved the gold neck shape at the top and the lace fabric over the under layer. But I didn't like the colour underneath the lace fabric. It's slightly growing on me now but I would prefer it if it was more of an ivory instead of an grey/cream colour. But I think it'll look best with black jeans for a night out/ party. Or, maybe a long pencil skirt. 

From: Newlook 
Price: £12.00 


This is a bright tango orange jumper which I am obviously not going to wear out during winter. It'll be when spring is getting nearer and Easter time as no doubt, it'll still be cold here when it is April. I could probably wear this in late August as well when the nights start to get cooler with black jeans or blue ones for spring. 

From: Primark 
Price: £8.00




As all of you know, I got a onesie for Christmas that was a little bit tight and I think it's because I am so tall, that all of the onesie's are a bit too short for my height, which is why I am trying to get them in larger sizes. I found this Care Bear one and I just fell in love with it for how adorable it is. I tried to get it in an 18 - 20 just for the length but unfortunately they didn't have that size, they just had the 14 - 16. But it's really soft and cosy and adorable which is just my fave. 

From: Primark 
Price: £14.00 


Some more adorable winter pyjama bottoms for me. My mum also ordered these from Newlook, but they come in a set with a strapy pink top. But I hate stapy tops for wearing to bed as I prefer them to be oversized because for me, night time, is all about comfort. I have no idea how much these were as the set didn't say. 


In Superdrug in the Milton Keynes Centre, they have a Makeup Revolution stand which is the best as they're slowly becoming my favourite eyeshadow brand. So I decided I'd try out their primer and matte foundation. I do really like both of these products together, which is what I think you need to do when things are as cheap as these were. The only thing I would say is that the foundation doesn't really cover anything, but what it does do is, it evens out your skin tone and then I just apply concealer over the top of what still needs to be covered. I prefer this foundation though because it is thinner as thick ones make me look cakey and horrible with concealer over the top as well as powder. 

The primer is like any other primer really - works well for most of the day and keeps your base on for the working day. The foundation is thin which I really like, it doesn't have any kind of full or medium coverage. But, for those girls that do not need any concealer or a thick foundation and you just want something to apply a bit of powder over, this'd be great for you as they have a range of shades. Overall, not bad for the price you pay. 

From: Superdrug (might not be in every store) 
Price: 
Primer: £5.00 
Foundation: £2.00 

 





 


This group of beauty items were from Primark's Christmas beauty advent calendar which was a brand called Lovable Luxuries. I wanted a beauty advent calendar that wasn't too expensive at Christmas and I couldn't get one that was in my price range. But then when Chloe and I went to Primark in Oxford, I didn't get one as I didn't have enough money. But I saw that they still had some on sale in Milton Keynes, so I bought one. There were 2 extra things in it - one I just threw in the bin as no one is going to want it and I know I'd never use it. The other one, I do not remember what it was and I can't find where it's gone. 

Includes: 
- red glitter nail varnish 
-  green, gold, red glitter nail varnish with large pink glitter flakes 
- clear lipgloss with green glitter shimmer bits (non sticky or scratchy) 
- bright red lipgloss (non sticky) 
- mascara 
- glitter eyeliner
- rose gold nail art pen (so excited to use that) 
- bright barbie pink blusher (seriously it's really bright) 
- smokey eye mini eye pallet (white, light grey, dark grey, dark glittery black) 
- pot of iridescent glitter (use for nails, eyes, and face and shines different colours in the light) 

I've tried a few of these out and I do actually really like a lot of them surprisingly. I know it's not going to be brilliant stuff because it's primark, but some of them look and feel really nice. I am thinking about creating a look out of all of these products I was given to create a super cheap makeup look for you guys as well as reviewing it. Give me a comment below if you want me to do that. 



Just a little extra added thing, this is the first look I've ever done with my Naked 3 pallet and I wanted to share it with you all. For those of you who are interested and have the pallet. I used Nooner in the crease and took it all over the lid. Then on top of that, I used Liar on the main part of the lid, Factory on my lower lashline, and finally, I used Stranger as my brow bone highlight. 


Well my darlings, that is everything I got on Saturday. I hope you enjoyed my haul as I haven't done one in such a long time. If you guys have bought anything recently, comment down below! But for now, I will see you sometime next week. 

Bye for now, 

Katie 
xoxoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment